The Beginning of Love

PERFECTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The beginning of Love

Yoona is in her walk in closet. Examining the collection of her dresss. She always went shopping but rarely wear them because she never went to any function since she got married.

Her hand traces the delicate materials of her dress. One by one. She study fashion and it's about time for her to realize her own dream, being a famous and well known fashion designer. Then, she'll not buy dress or clothes anymore. She'll wear what she designed herself.

Yoona smile when thinking about that dream and that’s when her phone rang. She went to answer the call. It was her mother.

         “Hello Yoona.”

         “omma...” she answers with her soft voice.

         “what are you doing?” Mrs Im ask the daughter.

         “Nothing..just looking at my collection of dress..” she answers as she glance one more to her walk in closet that she share with her husband.

         “Are you going somewhere?” her mother still asking.

         “No..” she answer in short.

         “okay..actually, I'm calling you to ask for your favour.." She sigh.

 

"What is it omma..you are making me nervous.."

"Can you go to your appa company next week..he has a meeting and you know his condition right sweetheart? I want your appa to rest for a while.." Mrs Im speak. Her husband was admitted to hospital few days ago because he's overwork and of course she is worried about him.

Yoona sigh. She still not ready to enter the company as CEO. She is still learning.

"Yoona?"

"Arasso omma..I'll ask Seunghyun oppa to accompany me.."  She has no choice but to ask for his help.

 

"Thank you sweety..by the way,how’s the problem with Seunghyun? You guys make up already?”

         “Omma...there’s nothing going on between us..why do you keep asking this question?” she pouted.

         “You can lie to other people Yoona but not to me your own mother..”

         Yoona sigh after listening to her mother. “then, what should I do omma?”

         “What do you WANT to do?” she stress on the words ‘want’.

         “I want to win his heart..like you said but I don’t know how..”she confessed and she can feel that her own cheek is turning red. Embarassed.

         “I am so happy to hear this Yoona..well, all I can say is you can start with something simple..”

“Something simple? Like what?”

“Like cooking his favourite food or prepare his clothes before he go to work..”the mother mention.

         “But I don’t know what he likes...”

         “Then ask his mother..I am sure your mother in-law will help you too..”

         “Thank you omma..I love you..”

         “I love you too my baby and good luck!”

***

         Yoona is looking at the chicken in front of her. How is she going to make the honey roasted chicken like her mother in-law told her. She look at the recipe that she copy from her mother in-law and read it again. Why is it so complicated? She sigh.

         Half and hour in the kitchen and she is still ‘fighting’ with the chicken. Don’t know how did she start to make the chicken look like this. She sigh. Even when she look at the chicken, she don’t feel like eating that anymore, then what would be Seunghyun’s reaction when he see the chicken. He’ll never eat it. So in the end. She just stop with the chicken and start to move to different recipe.

Chillies Crab. Why did Seunghyun’s favourite food is always something complicated. She look at the crab in the white box. It is still alive. How is she gonna take that and cook the crab?

***

         Seunghyun come home to the smell of something burning from the kitchen. He becomes panic and rush to the kitchen and relief to see Yoona is standing there with her apron on but he can see a cake that looks black like charcoal in front of her. He smile looking at her dissapointed face.

         Yoona can’t hide her dissapointment looking at her cake. She sigh. Everything is not working for her. From Chicken to crab and now cake. She can only cook egg and sausage for breakfast and also ramyun. Why did cooking dinner for Seunghyun would be this complicated.

         “What are you doing?” Seunghyun’s voice startled her. She didn’t hear him come home.

         “Err..I-I was...” she don’t know how to answer. The kitchen turned into a mess. She is embarassed at that.

         Seunghyun look around. He can see the chicken in the sink as well as a box with crab in it and burned cake. The kitchen is also a mess. Yoona is wearing an apron and her hair is messy and there’s flour on her cheek and nose. He smile.

         “You are cooking something?” he ask her.

         “Ermm...I try to cook your favourite food but I am sorry it doesn’t work like I want too..” she mutter slowly.    

         Seunghyun can’t be more happy to hear her answer. She is trying to cook his favourite food? Roasted chicken and Chillies crab?

         “What is this? Choc cake?” he ask as he look at the cake that as black as the charcoal in front of her.

         Yoona bite her lips. “No..it’s red velvet..” embarassed as she mutter slowly. “Sorry..”


 

“It’s okay..maybe it will work next time..” he try to assure her and make her less dissapointed.

         “Are you hungry?” suddenly she asked Seunghyun.

         “Quite and I’m also expecting to eat something that my wife made but it’s okay..maybe not tonight..”

         “Errr..I know how to cook ramyun...” she speak.

         “You do?” he ask her. Can’t believe it.

         “Yes..”

         “Okay..ramyun will do it but are you okay to cook in this condition?” he refer to their messy kitchen.

         “I’ll clean the kitchen after cooking ramyun for you..” she speak.

         “Okay...I’ll be upstairs for a shower..” he patted on her cheek and left.

***

Seunghyun is happy that Yoona is finally showing another great effort for him. Cooking his favourite food. It means that she is also trying to save their marriage. Yoona smile too after what Seunghyun said to her. He still love her. She can see it and she can feel it.

         “I never knew that you can cook a delicious ramyun like this..” he utter as he bring the chopstick to his lips.

         Yoona didn’t say anything and instead she look at him by putting her hand under his chin. Studying her husband. He is good looking. From his thick eyebrow to his eyes then his lips. Everything about her husband is beautiful and good looking.

         Seunghyun stop eating as he can see his wife gaze is on his face. Yoona was never this brave or this ‘romantic’ to stare at him like that. He smile looking at her beautiful lips that blooming into a smile. What is she thinking? He really wants to know.

         “Is there something on my face?” suddenly he asked and make Yoona back to reality.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter