Dance Battle and a new friend?

Re-Love

 

The doorbell rang and Sooyoung's mother opened the door.
 
"Oh hello, Jongin! Sooyoung is getting ready." She heard her mother saying and quickly rushed out of her room since she was afraid that her mother would tell Kai something embarrassing about her.
 
"Hey Jong- what?!" She looked at him with big eyes.
 
"Hey Sooyoung." Kai waved at her.
 
"Why are you dressed like that?" She asked him as she pointed at his clothes.
 
He had black leather jeans on and a red, glittery jacket. Underneath he had a black wife-beater with some black strings covering the area of his chest. Sooyoung was only wearing her black skinny jeans with a red hoodie on top. 
 
"It's a surprise." He smiled as he reached his hand towards her.
 
"Oh you guys have matching clothes!" Sooyoung's mother clapped excited.
 
"Mom! Ok, we're leaving now. Come Jongin." She grabbed his wrist and pulled him out of their apartment.
 
"Your mom is really cute." Kai chuckled.
 
"Sure." Sooyoung sighed and let Kai's wrist go when they were outside.
 
"So are we walking?" Sooyoung then asked Kai.
 
"Follow me." He grabbed her hand and pulled her towards a black motorcycle.
 
"Here put this on." He gave her an helmet and put one on his head. Then they both got onto the motorcycle.
 
"You have to hold my waist tightly okay?" He told her and Sooyoung nodded. 
 
Kai started the engine and they drove off. It was a sunny afternoon. The sun was about to set since it was already 7PM. They drove on a bridge and Sooyoung could see the sun setting in the horizon. Underneath them was a river.
 
'Must be the Han River...' Sooyoung thought.
 
She smiled and leaned closer to Kai and put her head on his back. Sooyoung was for some reasons feeling really good next to Kai or was it because they moved out of Mokpo and away from her memories of Myungsoo? Suddenly Sooyoung became gloomy at the thought of Myungsoo and Mokpo. She started to miss him again.
Then she realized that the motorcycle stopped and she quickly let Kai's waist go. People passing them by were looking at Sooyoung.
 
"We arrived." Kai took his helmet off and so did Sooyoung.
 
"Where are we?" Sooyoung asked as she looked around. People were crowded and trying to get into a building.
 
"Dance battle." He smiled at her and took her hand again leading her towards another direction.
 
They were about to enter the same building from the back when a tall and well built man stopped them.
 
"Dancers only." He looked at them.
 
"She's one of us." Kai said and the man nodded letting them in.
 
"One of who?" Sooyoung asked when they were inside.
 
"Exo." Kai smirked and entered a room.
 
Kai's friends Sooyoung had met in the canteen before were in the room and everyone of them were wearing something shiny.
 
"Oh look who we have here." Chanyeol walked up to them and took their hands which were intertwined with each other. 
 
Sooyoung immediately blushed and wanted to let Kai's hand go but he held tightly onto her hand. She looked at him and he just winked at her.
 
"So it's real?" Kyungsoo asked with a smile.
 
"No!" "Yes!" Kai and Sooyoung answered at the same time.
 
"No, it's not real." Sooyoung said as she looked down.
 
"Yes it is! She's my girl so hands off boys!" Kai glared at them.
 
"Okay, okay but we have to prepare now." Kris said and looked at Kai and he nodded.
 
"Sooyoung go out and walk down the hall. You'll reach the arena then. Make sure you stay somewhere I can easily spot you!" He said and Sooyoung nodded. 
 
Then Kai let her hand go and kissed her cheek.
 
"Hey!" Sooyoung said as she held her cheek.
 
"What?" Kai asked innocently.
 
"Never do that again!" Sooyoung glared at him and walked out, banging the door.
 
She walked down the hall like Kai said and reached a door. As she pushed it open she heard people screaming and clapping. Sooyoung never liked crowded places but did as she was told by Kai. She stood near the stage so he could spot her immediately.
After a while a man walked on stage with a microphone and announced some uninteresting things. Then one by one dance groups started to dance on stage. They were all very good and Sooyoung was watching each of them with big eyes. The last group was Exo. Sooyoung paid more attention now. The lights were turned off and suddenly one spotlight was . Kai was standing there and looking down. The piano started to play and Kai started to move his hands as if he was playing an invisible piano. Sooyoung recognized the song. It was the same song she saw Kai dancing in school.
"Baby don't cry, tonight~" Sooyoung found herself quietly singing the song as well. Since when was that song stuck in her head, she wondered. Than the lights around Kai and the other members could be seen. Everyone was looking down as well. When the second song started they looked up at the same time and started to dance. It was incredibly good. Sooyoung never saw dancers live who could dance so synchronized. 
"Mama~" She heard Kai as he walked to the front of the stage. Sooyoung saw his eyes moving nervously from side to side and she knew that he was searching for her. She quickly put her hands up and waved as she screamed his name. Kai then spotted her and a smirk formed on his face. Sooyoung then put her hands down and continued to watch them. After they were done, everyone started to clap like crazy and Sooyoung made her way to see them backstage.
 
"Only dancers!" Another man stopped Sooyoung again.
 
"But I'm with Exo!!!" Sooyoung scoffed.
 
"Yeah so are the other fangirls." The man rolled his eyes.
 
"Fangirls? Ok, whatever..." Sooyoung sighed and was about to turn around and leave when she heard Kai calling her name.
 
"How was it?" He walked up to her and held her hands.
 
"You guys were AMAZING!" Sooyoung jumped up and down from joy.
 
"Let's see the boys." Kai pulled her backstage and Sooyoung glanced at the security man before following Kai.
 
They walked into Exo's room and Sooyoung saw them wiping their sweats off from their foreheads.
 
"Guys, Sooyoung said that she liked it." Kai said with a smile.
 
"No." Sooyoung said and took her hand away.
 
"What?" Kai and everyone else looked at her confused.
 
"I said that you guys were AMAZING!!! OH MY GOD I LOVED IT!" Sooyoung squeezed and everyone breathed out. 
 
"It's time for the prize-giving... Let's go." Kris said and everyone got up.
 
"Is it okay when Sooyoung joins us on stage?" Kai asked Kris.
 
"No! Oh my god, no! I heard that you guys have fangirls and I still want to live..." She shook her head.
 
"Come on, I'll protect you." Kai winked at her and Sooyoung looked desperately at Kris.
 
"She doesn't want to come, so let her be... We can meet her outside." Kris nodded towards Sooyoung and she smiled slightly.
 
Sooyoung then walked back to the arena and waited in the corner for the same announcer to announce the winner but a guy with light pink hair was blocking her way. He was taller than her so she moved to the sight but he moved to the same direction. 
 
"Um excuse me." Sooyoung said and the guy turned around.
 
"I can't see." Sooyoung pointed at the stage. 
 
"Oh sorry." He said and moved back and stood next to Sooyoung.
 
Sooyoung was looking at the stage without paying attention to the announcer. Kai was on stage like every other dancer and he was waving at Sooyoung. She waved back as she smiled as well. 
 
"Are you Kai's girlfriend?" The guy next to her suddenly asked.
 
"What?" Sooyoung turned around and looked at him.
 
"I saw you with him tonight..." He shrugged.
 
"That's not your business." Sooyoung said and looked at the stage again. 
 
She saw how Kai was glaring at her direction.
 
"I know it's not. But I think he likes you." The boy shrugged again.
 
"Hm." Sooyoung said. She didn't want to talk to that stranger.
 
"I haven't seen you here before..." He continued.
 
"Yes." Sooyoung said as she tried to pay attention now since the announcer was now telling the first three places.
 
"But I understand Kai why he didn't take such a beautiful lady like you to a place like this..." He smirked as he looked at her.
 
"What?" Sooyoung looked at him as her eyes widened.
 
"What what?" He smiled sheepishly.
 
Sooyoung sighed and wanted to walk towards the stage to get away from him when he held her back.
 
"I'm Jang Dongwoo by the way." He smiled and let her go.
 
Sooyoung bowed slightly and walked away.
 
"Hey wait!" She heard him calling. Sooyoung stopped walking and turned around.
 
"You didn't tell me your name." He smiled as he held her arm.
 
Sooyoung didn't know what to say until she heard her name. She looked to her left and saw Kai standing there.
 
"Sooyoung, is there a problem?" Kai looked at Dongwoo.
 
"So it's Sooyoung." Dongwoo smiled and let her arm go.
 
"Congratulations." Dongwoo looked at Kai.
 
"Thanks." Kai glared at him.
 
"Hyung, come on." Sehun called them.
 
Kai put his arm around Sooyoung and turned her around.
 
"See you Sooyoung." She heard Dongwoo.
 
Sooyoung turned around and looked underneath Kai's arm and saw Dongwoo waving.
 
"Don't talk to strangers. Didn't your mom teach you?" Kai said angry when they were back in the changing room. 
 
"Are you questioning my mom?" Sooyoung glared at him.
 
"Don't answer my question with another question!" Kai said louder this time.
 
"Don't act like a boyfriend to me!" Sooyoung got louder as well.
 
"FINE! DO WHATEVER YOU LIKE!!!" Kai yelled at her and Sooyoung slapped him.
 
"Dont.Yell.At.Me!" Sooyoung hissed and turned around to walk away.
 
Chanyeol stopped her.
 
"Move!" Sooyoung told him. 
 
"Kai." Chanyeol looked at him.
 
"Let her go!" Kai said as he was sitting on a sofa.
 
"You can't let her go, Kai! She came here with you!" Chen said.
 
"I can go home as well." Sooyoung said as she took her phone out.
 
"What's the number for taxis?" Sooyoung looked at Chanyeol.
 
"Kai." Chanyeol said again as he looked at Kai.
 
"Whatever move away. Maybe I can find Dongwoo and ask him to drive me home!" Sooyoung looked back at Kai for the last time and pushed Chanyeol away walking out of the door.
She walked back to the arena and saw that it was empty. Then she rushed out and saw people walking to different directions. She spotted a boy with light pink hair and ran towards him.
 
"Jang Dongwoo!" She called and the boy turned around.
 
"Hey Sooyoung." Dongwoo smiled.
 
"Hey. Um are you going home?" Sooyoung asked and he nodded.
 
"Ah ok." Sooyoung nodded and started to walk towards a direction.
 
"Should I take you home?" He asked her and she turned around.
 
"It's fine..." She said with a fake smile.
 
"I came with my car. Come on." He waved at her and she gave in.
 
"Okay." She said and was walking with him towards his car when someone grabbed her wrist and turned her around.
 
Sooyoung looked up and rolled her eyes when she saw Kai.
 
"What do you want?" She asked him.
 
"The boys are going to the club and told me to take you with me." Kai said and looked at Dongwoo.
 
"She wants to go home." Dongwoo said as he grabbed Sooyoung's other wrist.
 
"She's my girlfriend." Kai said and pulled her again.
 
"That doesn't mean anything. And I assume that you two had a fight... She doesn't want to see you at the moment." Dongwoo said and pulled at her arm again.
 
Kai pulled again and Sooyoung took a step back and took her arms away from the boys.
 
"I want to go home." She looked at Kai.
 
"Okay, I will take you home." Kai said as he grabbed her hand and pulled her away.
 
Dongwoo shook his head and waved at Sooyoung as he walked to his car.
 
"Let me go." Sooyoung said and tried to get away from his grip but Kai held tighter onto her.
 
"What do you think you're doing? What if he wanted to do bad things to you?" Kai glared at her. They stopped walking and Kai and
Sooyoung looked at each other still holding hands.
 
"So what? It would be my problem." She said and looked down.
 
"Do you want to get ?" He got angry.
 
"Jongin, it's my problem!" Sooyoung said and took her hand away.
 
"Why are you doing this? Why are you like that?" Kai held her arms.
 
"Like what?" Sooyoung crossed her arms in front of her chest.
 
"You seem so... So bored of everything... You look like you don't enjoy anything and as if you're life isn't worth living or something..." Kai looked at her.
 
"What do you expect? What do you expect from a girl that lost her meaning to live?" She looked at him and walked away.
 
"What do you mean?" He held her arm.
 
Sooyoung was crying at the thoughts of Myungsoo and leaned her head on Kai's chest. 
 
"Sooyoung..." Kai whispered and her hair.
 
"I wish... I wish I would have died instead of him." Sooyoung cried and pulled his wife-beater. 
 
"Instead of who?" Kai asked her and looked at her.
 
Sooyoung didn't answer and continued crying. After a while she calmed down and apologized.
 
"It's okay..." Kai smiled at her and her cheek.
 
"Don't cry again, okay? I'm here to make you happy. And I'm sorry for what I said today... I was stupid." He looked at her.
 
Sooyoung shook her head and smiled slightly. Kai placed a kiss on her cheek and grabbed her hand again.
 
"The boys are waiting." He said and they walked towards the entrance of the building.
 
Exo was there discussing something when Kai and Sooyoung joined them.
 
"Ready?" Suho asked and Kai nodded smiling.
 
"I really can't go like this..." Sooyoung said as she pointed at her outfit.
 
"It's okay. We changed plans... We're going to our house." Luhan smiled.
 
"What?" Sooyoung and Kai looked at each other.
 
"We're going to our house?" Kai asked and the boys nodded.
 
"Okay..." Kai shrugged.
 
"Wait that means you 12 live together?" Sooyoung asked.
 
"Yup." Tao nodded.
 
"Okay..." Sooyoung raised her eyebrows. 
 
Just then her phone rang. It was her mother.
 
"Hey mom." Sooyoung answered her phone as the boys looked at her.
 
"Where are you?" She asked.
 
"I'm still with Jongin and his friends..." 
 
"Honey, it's midnight and you have to go to school tomorrow." 
 
"I know mom. I'll be home in half an hour." Sooyoung said as she looked at the boys with an apologetic look.
 
"Can I talk to her for a minute?" Kai asked Sooyoung and she nodded with a confused expression.
 
"Mom, Jongin wants to talk to you..." She said and gave the phone to Kai.
 
"Hello Mrs. Kwon." Kai smiled.
 
"I'm fine, how are you Mrs. Kwon?... That's nice to hear. Um Mrs. Kwon, I wanted to ask you if it's okay when Sooyoung stays over
at my place for tonight?" He asked and Sooyoung's eyes widened.
 
"Thank you Mrs. Kwon. We'll see you tomorrow then. Good night." Kai smiled and hung up.
 
"What did you do?!" Sooyoung asked.
 
"You're staying over tonight..." Kai smiled.
 
"What? No! Tomorrow's school... I have to get my uniform and my books." Sooyoung said.
 
"Then I'll drive you home now. You quickly get your things and we'll drive to my place." Kai smirked.
 
"If you drive me home, I can stay there as well..." Sooyoung shook her head.
 
"Noona, stay!" Sehun smiled.
 
"But-" Sooyoung was cut off by Kai.
 
"I'll take care of your stuff tomorrow then. Let's go for now." Kai said and everyone nodded.
 
It looked like each of them had their own cars and motorcycles. Sooyoung sat behind Kai again and held tightly onto his waist.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Ahhh boring chapter >.< sorryyyyy ㅠ~ㅠ 
hello new subscribers *waves* don't be shy to leave comments pleaaase :D i need to know what you guys think :))