One-Way Ticket

Re-Love

 

"SOOYOUNG STOP IT! HE'S GONE, OKAY?! HE'S GONE FOR GOD'S SAKE!" Her mom yelled at her.

"DON'T SCREAM AT ME!" Sooyoung cupped her ears and kneeled down while closing her eyes. 
 
"I know it hurts... But you have to go through this... I know how you feel, I know how much it hurts." Her mother grabbed her hands and kneeled down in front of her.
 
"No, you don't know. No one knows!" Sooyoung whispered and got up.
 
She was crying. She wiped her tears away and rushed to her room. When she reached her room she banged the door close and locked it. Then she slowly slipped down and continued crying. She was fed up with people feeling sorry for her, fed up with people pitying her. Even fed up with her mom. Sooyoung knew that her mom tried her best to help her but it was making her sick. Why couldn't people just leave her alone? Why couldn't they just let her drown in her pain and her sorrow? Do they always have to interfere in her life? She just wanted to be alone. Alone with her pain and the memories of him. 
Sooyoung got up and wiped her tears away. Then she opened her drawer and took out a tiny box. She walked to her bed and sat down and opened it. There were a few letters. She took them out and she spotted her infinity ring. A smile formed on her face. She took the ring out and placed it on her finger. The other pair was also in the box. Suddenly her smile turned into a frown. She also took this one out and placed it on her finger with her other ring. The second ring was way too big for her little fingers. She took it off and put it back into the box, afraid she might lose it. Underneath everything was a picture of him and her. She took it out and his face while smiling. Another tear escaped her eye and she quickly wiped it away as she remembered his words: 'I never want to see you cry. Never.'
 
She turned the picture around and saw something written on it. Sooyoung knew exactly what was standing there since she read it more than a thousand times but she read it again and again.
 
'They say everyone has their soulmate.
They say we were born with a red string around our finger and we have to find its end.
Well, I found mine.
You are the end of my red string, You are my soulmate, you are my world, you are my everything.
Sooyoung, I love you forever and more, don't forget that! I will never ever leave you.
I'm sorry to say that but... You're stuck with me forever whether you like it or not! Keke 
 
With love, Myungsoo 
 
P.S. bbuing bbuing~' 
 
"Liar." Sooyoung whispered as she smiled bitterly. 
 
He was a liar. He left her without even saying goodbye.
 
"SOOYOUNG OPEN THE DOOR!" Her mother hit her door.
 
"Leave me alone." Sooyoung said weekly.
 
After that her mother left. It was strange. Her mother wasn't someone who was giving up so easily, so why now? 
Sooyoung hugged the picture and laid down on her bed as tears continued escaping her eyes.
 
------------------
 
"And here's your breakfast." Her mother beamed at her as she reached her a sandwich.
 
Sooyoung just nodded and put it into her school bag. She was about to turn around and leave for school when her mother grabbed her arm. Sooyoung turned around and looked at her.
 
"Sooyoung... It's been more than a year now... Don't you think it's time to let Myung- I mean let him go?" Her mother looked at her with begging eyes.
Sooyoung just nodded and softly pushed her mothers hand away.
 
"I'll be late for school." She said in a monotone voice and walked out the door.
 
Her mother sighed and sat down in a chair while going desperately through her hair.
Meanwhile Sooyoung was walking to school. It was a hot day yet Sooyoung was feeling cold. Students rushed pass her to school, afraid they might be late. She sighed and started to walk a little faster. When she reached the school gates she looked up and took a deep breath. This was the place where everything started. This was the place where she met him for the first time. This was the place where he confessed to her. This was hell for her. 
Sooyoung slowly walked to her classroom since the school bell didn't ring. As she entered the class everyone looked at her. They were looking at her with pitiful eyes, again. Sooyoung tried to ignore the stares and quickly walked to the back of the class to her seat and sat down. She quickly pulled out a book from her bag and started to read it, trying to ignore the stares of her classmates. After a few minutes the school bell rang and her homeroom teacher walked in and greeted everyone.
 
------------
 
It was lunch time. Sooyoung put her books into her bag and swung it over her shoulder and walked out to the canteen. She sat down at a table at the corner of the canteen and pulled out her sandwich her mom made her and took a bite. 
While eating Sooyoung looked around in the canteen and noticed some of her old friends she used to chat with whenever there was time. After him Sooyoung became a loner. It wasn't that her friends turned their backs on her, no. It was the other way round. Sooyoung turned her back on them. She didn't see any point in talking with them anymore. She didn't see any point in talking with ANYONE anymore. 
Sooyoung became a loner with her own will.
She was eating her sandwich quietly when suddenly something landed on her head and then her uniform. She looked up and saw two guys looking at her with big eyes. 
 
"I-I'm sorry! I didn't think it would-" One of the guys said.
 
Sooyoung looked around and saw everyone staring at her. She quietly got up and left the canteen leaving her sandwich on the table.
 
"Idiot!" She heard the other boy saying and heard them hitting each other playfully before continuing their little game. 
 
Sooyoung didn't turn around and quickly walked to the girls washroom to clean her uniform and her hair. She had pasta all over her uniform and her hair. Sooyoung washed her uniform first and then her hair but there were still stains of the tomato sauce on her uniform and her hair was also smelling like tomato mixed with meat. She sighed but she had to endure it until school finished.
After that Sooyoung still had time until classes would start so she decided to go to the rooftop and be alone again. She rushed upstairs to the 5th floor and pushed the door open. As she opened the door she saw a girl laying on her favorite bench. Sooyoung sighed again. It wasn't her day. Actually it never was. As she was about to turn around the girl called her name. Sooyoung turned around and saw her old best friend whom Sooyoung also turned her back to. 
 
"What's up?" Jiyoung asked her. 
 
Sooyoung didn't answer and turned around about to leave again.
 
"Still ignoring me?" Jiyoung laughed bitterly.
 
Sooyoung stopped walking.
 
"You know it's not my fault that Myungsoo is gone." Jiyoung said and Sooyoung turned around and glared at her.
 
"Don't you dare to call his name." She whispered under her breath.
 
"It's still forbidden to say his name when you're around?" Jiyoung smiled bitterly again and got up walking towards Sooyoung.
 
"Did you really love him that much? Did you really love him so much that it was worth throwing our friendship away?" Jiyoung asked her again but Sooyoung didn't answer.
 
"No answers again. Again, Sooyoung. Again!" Jiyoung laughed.
 
"Will he come back when you stay quiet for the rest of your life? Do you really think he will come back? He's gone Sooyoung! Gone! Do you understand?"
Jiyoung started to shake Sooyoung.
 
"I... I just want to help you Sooyoung." Jiyoung whispered as she started to cry.
 
"I want my friend back. Please come back Sooyoung, please. You are the only person that knew everything about me. You and I, we were friends since we were born. Don't do this, please." Jiyoung cried harder and leaned her head on Sooyoung's shoulder.
Although it was hurting Sooyoung she wasn't able to say something, she wasn't able to hug Jiyoung, she wasn't able to cry for her friend. She was as cold as ice.
After a while Jiyoung leaned back and wiped her tears away. 
 
"Okay, I understand." Jiyoung nodded and walked pass Sooyoung into the building.
 
Sooyoung sighed and looked up at the sky. Just then the school bell rang and Sooyoung walked back to class.
 
----------
 
Sooyoung unlocked the door and walked in. Her mother appeared out of nowhere in front of her and smiled brightly at her.
 
"Look what I got!" Her mother waved with two tickets in front of her face.
 
"I'm not in the mood to go to any concerts mom." Sooyoung said and wanted to walk pass her mom to her room but she stopped her.
 
"These aren't concert tickets. Look." She gave the tickets to Sooyoung.
 
Sooyoung looked at them and saw that they were train tickets.
 
"Train tickets?" Sooyoung asked again with a monotone voice.
 
"I decided that it would be the best if we'd move away from here. You need to forget him and well Mokpo is full of memories of him. These are one way tickets to Seoul. I've even rented a house for us. We can start from ze-"
 
"I'm not going." Sooyoung said and walked towards her room.
 
"Yes you are! I'm fed up with this! Sooyoung, you and I are leaving Mokpo in a week. You better prepare your stuff. If not then I will. And that's it!" Her mother said angry and walked away.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
soooooooooo? what do you say? :)