Meeting Him

Re-Love

 

It was her last day in school. Sooyoung was standing in front of her class. She was afraid to walk in because when she walked in her teacher would announce that it was her last day and that meant that she would have all the attention of her classmates she tried to ignore so badly. 
 
"Oh hello Sooyoung." Her homeroom teacher greeted her who was about to walk into the classroom.
 
Sooyoung bowed lightly and walked in. She was about to walk to her seat at the back of the class when the teacher called her name. She turned around and looked at her teacher.
 
"Please stay here for a while." Her teacher said and Sooyoung followed his orders.
 
Her classmates looked at her and Sooyoung started to feel uneasy.
 
"Listen students, it's Sooyoung's last day here today. She's moving to Seoul to continue her studies there. We'll be missing you, Sooyoung! Is there anything you want to tell your friends?" The teacher looked at Sooyoung as he smiled brightly.
Sooyoung gulped and looked at the class. Her eyes met the eyes of her old best friend.
 
"I just... I just want to thank you all for everything." Sooyoung said looking at her old best friend and then she looked down.
 
"We wish you good luck in your new school. You may sit now." The teacher said and Sooyoung bowed slightly and walked to her seat. 
 
-------------
 
"You're leaving?" Jiyoung walked over to Sooyoung after class was over. 
 
The class was empty and Sooyoung was the last one as usual. She didn't answer Jiyoung's question and just walked past her out of the class. 
 
"SOOYOUNG!" Jiyoung suddenly screamed and Sooyoung winced.
 
Suddenly Jiyoung hugged her from behind and started to cry.
 
"Idiot! I will miss you! Why didn't you tell me before?" Jiyoung said as she sobbed.
 
Sooyoung didn't answer and just stood there as if she was frozen. Then Jiyoung let her go and coughed slightly.
 
"I'm sorry." She whispered and Sooyoung turned around to face her.
 
"T-Take good care okay?" Jiyoung said as she looked down and rushed out of the classroom.
 
Sooyoung sighed again and walked out as well. She took the bus and decided to visit him before she leaves because she didn't know when she would be able to come back or if she would ever come back anymore. 
 
"Miss, here's your stop." The bus driver said smiling.
 
"Thank you." Sooyoung said as she got out.
 
The bus driver was driving her almost every day to the same place, so he meanwhile knew where she had to get out. Sooyoung walked through the big gates and was welcomed by huge trees. It was dark but Sooyoung knew where she had to go. After a while she reached the place she looked for.
 
"Hello." She kneeled down and the cold stone. 
 
"What happened to your flowers?" She asked as she tried to fix the flowers on the cold ground.
 
Then she rested her arms on her knees and put her head on her arms. 
 
"I'm moving to Seoul." She said as she looked at the stone.
 
"Mom says that it's the best for me to stay away from our memories. But I don't want to go." Sooyoung pouted.
 
"Are you mad at me?" She asked as she looked at the name engraved in the stone.
 
"Okay, okay, I'm sorry for all this. I really wanted to talk to Jiyoung and hug her back and so on but I just can't. Since you left me I'm afraid to hug people or talk to them. Because I hugged you as well, I talked to you as well and then you left me." She tried to hold her tears back.
 
"Why did you leave me so early, Myungsoo?" She asked as she whispered his name.
 
"I thought you wanted to grow old with me? I thought we wanted to marry and move to the big house at the beach, to the house of the Shin family? Why did you... Why did you die Myungsoo?" Sooyoung started to cry. 
 
"Why did you die?" She whispered as she cried louder and started to hit the ground. 
 
"Why?" She whispered again.
 
"I miss you, I miss you so badly! Please come back! Stand up! You were sleeping for such a long time! Please get up, get up." She cried again.
 
After a while she calmed down.
 
"I don't want to leave you. I want to stay here with you forever. I don't want to move to Seoul. Can't you take me with you?" Sooyoung asked with teary eyes as she his name, Jang Myungsoo.
Suddenly her phone rang and she quickly wiped her tears away and coughed slightly to clear .
 
"Hello?" She whispered as she answered her phone.
 
"Sooyoung, where are you? It's almost 10PM." Her mom said into the phone.
 
"Oh... I'm with Myungsoo. I'm visiting him." She said as she smiled slightly and the ground where his body was laying underneath. 
 
"S-Sooyoung..." Her mother didn't know what to say.
 
"Don't worry mom, I came to say goodbye." Sooyoung bit her lower lip as her eyes filled with tears again.
 
"Should I come and pick you up?" Her mother asked.
 
"Yes, please." Sooyoung's voice cracked and she started to cry again.
 
"I'll be there in a while. Wait, okay?"
 
"Okay..." Sooyoung nodded and hung up.
 
Sooyoung continued to his gravestone for a while when someone suddenly tapped on her shoulder. She wiped her tears away and turned around.
 
"Mom" Sooyoung sighed and got up to hug her mom.
 
"Shht, it's okay." Her mother her hair.
 
"Mom, I don't want to leave him." Sooyoung cried.
 
"You're not. He will always be in your heart. That's what matters." Sooyoung's mother looked at Sooyoung and smiled.
 
Sooyoung nodded and let her mother go. She his gravestone and kissed it for the last time.
 
"Take good care. I'll be back soon!" Sooyoung whispered and smiled slightly.
 
Then she walked to her mom's car with her mom and got quietly in.
 
--------------
 
"Here are our tickets." Sooyoung's mother gave the tickets to the ticket collector.
 
He looked at them, nodded shortly and gave them back.
 
"So, it won't take much to Seoul. The car is in the garage, the luggages are here and the furniture is also on its way to Seoul. Everything's checked." Sooyoung's mom checked her tiny paper she made last night.
 
"I'll have some fresh air." Sooyoung said and got up.
 
"Okay do that. I'll be resting meanwhile." Her mother said and closed her eyes. 
 
Sooyoung stepped out of the cabin and closed its door quietly. She walked towards a direction. As she opened a door to a carriage she saw that it was totally empty. 
 
"Weird." She whispered to herself and started to look around. 
 
This carriage looked different than the others. The walls were red with golden stripes. On one side was a huge mirror framed with golden roses. Sooyoung looked at herself and shook her head.
 
"Maybe I should have dressed a little better..." She whispered and shook her head again.
 
Then she continued to look around. The seats weren't like the seats in her cabin. These seats were dark blue framed with dark brown wood. There were curtains before the windows.
 
"Miss?" Someone called suddenly and Sooyoung winced.
 
"Miss, you're not allowed to enter this part. Please leave." An old man said to her.
 
Sooyoung looked at him, at the woman and the boy who looked around her age, behind him. She bowed slightly and made her way to the door where she had entered. As she was about to close the door she heard the woman talking.
 
"Myungsoo, don't be such a cry baby." The woman said and Sooyoung's eyes widened.
 
"M-Myungsoo..." Sooyoung whispered and her eyes immediately filled up with tears.
 
She turned around and looked at them.
 
"M-Myungsoo!" Sooyoung said a little louder and started to walk back to the carriage.
 
"Miss!" The old man grabbed her arms and held her back.
 
"Let me go, I have to see him!" Sooyoung started to speak louder.
 
"Myungsoo, do you know this young lady?" The woman spoke up.
 
The boy looked at Sooyoung with a bored face and shook his head.
 
"No." He said with the same monotone voice Sooyoung spoke to her mom.
 
"MYUNGSOO, IT'S ME, SOOYOUNG!" Sooyoung suddenly started to scream and fell down on her knees.
 
"Miss, let me take you out." The old man said.
 
Although he was old, he was still strong enough to carry Sooyoung. She looked back as the man carried her out. The boy wasn't looking at her anymore. He was sitting on one of the seats and was looking out of the window.
 
"MYUNGSOO, MYUNGSOOOOO!" Sooyoung continued to scream.
 
The old man was talking to her but she wasn't hearing him. She was continuously screaming his name.
 
"SOOYOUNG!" Someone suddenly grabbed her arms tightly and brought her back.
 
"Mom, he was there. Myungsoo was there! He is over there, mom!" Sooyooung started to shake her mother. 
 
The old man carried her into their cabin and put her down on the seats.
 
"Thank you so much and I'm deeply sorry for my daughter's behavior. She is having a hard time." Her mother apologized to the old man. He just bowed and left them closing the door.
 
"Mom, I swear he was there. Even the woman called him Myungsoo. Mom I have to see him again!" Sooyoung tried to get up but her mother pushed her back.
 
"ENOUGH SOOYOUNG! IT WAS NOT MYUNGSOO. MYUNGSOO IS DEAD, DO YOU UNDERSTAND? HE IS GONE! NOW STOP IT!" Her mother yelled at her.
 
"NO HE IS NOT DEAD. HE WAS RIGHT THERE. HE WAS RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF ME. HE LOOKED AT ME. HE WAS THERE!" Sooyoung yelled back.
 
"STOP! I KNOW HOW IT FEELS LIKE TO LOSE THE MAN YOU LOVED. I LOST YOUR DAD WHEN YOU WERE A BABY, SO STOP IT NOW!" Her mother yelled at her and tears started to form in her eyes.
 
"Sooyoung, I know it seems impossible but you will learn to live without him, just like I did. Please honey, calm down. It wasn't your Myungsoo." Her mother said to Sooyoung as she calmed down.
 
"But his name was Myungsoo..." Sooyoung whispered.
 
"Myungsoo is a common name in Korea." Her mother Sooyoung's arm.
 
"But he looked the same..." Sooyoung whispered again.
 
"It was just a hallucination baby. Now come here. Sleep a little bit and calm down." Her mother hugged her and Sooyoung fell asleep on her mother's chest immediately.
 
---------------------------------------------------------
2nd chappie~~~ wooo! ^^ and i have 1 subscriber <3 thank yooooooou so much :))
please no silent readers :)) leave me comments please please and subscribe if you like it so far~ i know it's boring but it'll be better with each chapter ;)