EXO

Re-Love

 

"Who is Kai oppa to you?" Three girls were standing in front of Sooyoung as she was trying to get her books from her locker.
 
It was finally time to go home.
 
"Who?" Sooyoung asked confused.
 
"Kim Jongin! Kai oppa, don't act like you don't know him!" The girl on the left side said with a face.
 
"Oh he... A friend, I guess? Why would you care?" Sooyoung snapped back at the girls.
 
"A friend? Yeah sure, you guys looked close today." The one on the right side said.
 
"Too close." The girl in the middle added.
 
"If we see you with him again then we'll make you wish that you'd stayed in your little town, ." The girl on the right side hissed at her.
 
Sooyoung looked at them with a bored face.
 
"Done?" She asked in a monotone voice.
 
"Done? DONE?" The girl in the middle screamed and was about to slap Sooyoung when someone grabbed her wrist.
 
"Op- Oppa!" The girl said surprised.
 
"Don't touch her! If anything happens to her then you'll be the ones responsible, got it? Now leave!" Kai glared at them and the three girls left.
 
"I'm sorry." He apologized as he turned around and looked at her.
 
"What are you? Some kind of super hero?" Sooyoung smiled as she put her books into her locker.
 
"Maybe." He smiled back.
 
Then Sooyoung closed her locker and started to walk towards the exit.
 
"Any plans for tonight?" He asked her.
 
"Sleep." She answered.
 
"Hmm seems like fun." He laughed.
 
"You could say so..." Sooyoung said with a frown.
 
"Did I say something wrong?" He stopped her and faced her.
 
"No, of course not." She tried to smile but it failed.
 
"Why did you frown suddenly?" He asked her.
 
"It's just that... Whenever I sleep, I'll have nightmares." She sighed.
 
"Maybe you should see a doctor and find out why." He suggested as they continued to walk.
 
"I know the reason..." She sighed.
 
"Then try to change it."
 
"I can't."
 
"Why not?" 
 
"Do you like asking questions?" She sighed.
 
"No, I don't. But I feel like asking you." He grinned.
 
"But I don't feel like answering you."
 
"Okay let's make a deal." He stopped walking.
 
"Deal?" She raised an eyebrow.
 
"Yes, you tell me why you can't sleep and I will stop asking you questions." He offered her.
 
"Let me think. No, I think I skip." Sooyoung rolled her eyes and continued to walk.
 
"Wait, wait! Why can't you tell me?" He grabbed her arm.
 
"Because it's something that already haunts me and I don't want to mention it because when I mention it, I feel like someone is tearing me into pieces. I feel like dying slowly when I know that I don't. I just... I don't want to talk about it." She jerked his hand away and continued walking while her eyes filled with tears.
 
"Sooyoung!" He called her and ran up to her as he grabbed her arm again.
 
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you." He looked at her as she was crying.
 
'Great, Sooyoung, you're embarrassing yourself in front of a stranger you know for a day and in front of the school.' She thought and tried to stop crying but it was too late. Tears were flowing down like rivers. 
 
"Oh my god, did I hurt you that much? I'm sorry!" He suddenly hugged her.
 
Sooyoung cried into his chest for a while and then calmed down. 
 
"I'm sorry." She apologized as she wiped her remaining tears away. 
 
"That's what friends are for." He said as he her arm.
 
Then they continued to walk and reached the school gates.
 
"Sooyoung, can I have your number?" He asked her.
 
"Sure." She said as she gave him her number. Then he gave his number to her.
 
"Are you going with the bus?" He asked her.
 
"No, my mom will pick me up." Sooyoung said as she looked around in the parking lot and spotted the same old man from the train.
 
"Who is there? Your mom?" Kai looked at the same direction as Sooyoung.
 
"N-No one..." Sooyoung shook her head confused.
 
Just then a white car stopped in front of her.
 
"Sorry honey I'm late." Her mother said from the car.
 
"Oh hello young man." She smiled at Kai and Sooyoung knew immediately what that smile meant.
 
"Well I have to go now. Thank you for today and see you tomorrow." Sooyoung waved at Kai and was about to get into the car when her mother stopped her.
 
"Young man, where do you live? We can take you home." Sooyoung's mom smiled at Kai.
 
"It's okay, mam. I can take the bus." Kai smiled back politely.
 
"No, come in." Her mother insisted.
 
"Mom, he can take the bus." Sooyoung hissed as she grinding her teeth. 
 
"I'm really fi-"
 
"Are you arguing with an older woman?" Sooyoung's mom asked him.
 
"Get in." She waved to him.
 
Kai finally gave up and sat down at the backseats. 
 
"You're unbelievable mom..." Sooyoung rolled her eyes.
 
"Shut up! You'll thank me later." Her mother whispered to Sooyoung and turned around and looked at Kai with a smile.
 
"So honey, what's your name?" She asked him.
 
"Kim Jongin, mam." Kai introduced himself politely.
 
"And I'm Sooyoung's mom. It's nice to meet you." She shook Kai's hand and smiled at him.
 
Then she asked him where he lived and Kai gave his address. After a while they arrived in front of his apartment.
 
"Thank you, mam, have a good night. You too Sooyoung and I'll see you tomorrow." Kai smiled at Sooyoung as he closed the door.
 
"Oh.My.God! Sooyoung, I'm proud of you!" Her mother said as she started to drive.
 
"You're embarrassing!" Sooyoung sighed and looked out.
 
"Jongin is good looking. Go for him! It seems like he likes you." Her mother started to mock her.
 
"We just met today." Sooyoung said with her usual monotone voice again.
 
"Whatever, don't let him go." Her mother winked at her and Sooyoung shook her head.
 
--------------
 
"Hello beauty!" Someone took Sooyoung's book away.
 
"Give it back." Sooyoung looked at Kai.
 
"I came so stop reading." He sat next to her and put his arm around her.
 
"Jongin." Sooyoung blushed.
 
Sooyoung looked around and saw everyone looking at them.
 
"Jongin, stop." She said and put his arm away.
 
"Why?" He asked her as he looked at her with puppy eyes.
 
"Just stop." She sighed and the teacher walked in.
 
He quickly checked the attendance list.
 
"Oh everyone is here today... Even you Mr. Kim Jongin." Their homeroom teacher smirked.
 
"Yes." Kai looked down.
 
"I see that you changed your seat." The teacher raised an eyebrow.
 
"Yes, I hope it's okay, sir." Kai asked the teacher as he started to blush.
 
"Sure thing. So class, now we'll be talking about the cold war." Their homeroom and history teacher started.
 
Sooyoung paid full attention to class since history was her favorite subject but Kai kept on pinching her arm.
 
"What?" Sooyoung whispered without looking at him and writing down some notes.
 
"History is boring." Kai laid his head on the table and started to play with her elbow.
 
"Hm really?" Sooyoung didn't pay attention to him.
 
"Yes and pay attention to me." Kai continued pinching her elbow.
 
"Would you please stop that? I'm trying to pay attention." Sooyoung sighed and looked at Kai.
 
"But not to me." 
 
"Yes because we have class now." Sooyoung rolled her eyes.
 
"Is there a problem Ms. Kwon?" The teacher looked at her.
 
"N-No sir." Sooyoung turned red.
 
"Then please stop talking to Mr. Kim and start to pay attention to class." Their teacher said and turned back to the board.
 
'I'm sorry :(' Kai wrote on a letter and gave it to Sooyoung.
 
'It's okay' Sooyoung wrote back and sighed.
 
'Lunch together? ;D' Kai wrote.
 
'Sure why not' 
 
'Great I can introduce you to my friends :))' 
 
'Great' Sooyoung wrote and now paid full attention to class.
 
---------------
 
The school bell rang and it was finally time for lunch.
 
"Lunch tiiiiiiiime!" Kai stretched and put his arm around Sooyoung again.
 
"Let's go." Sooyoung got up feeling uneasy.
 
"Okay let's go!" Kai smiled.
 
"Umm let's meet at the canteen? I have to go to my locker..." Sooyoung said.
 
"Should I come along?" Kai asked as they walked out of the class.
 
"No, no... Go ahead, I'll meet you in the canteen."
 
"Okay, see you then." He waved and walked the other way.
 
Sooyoung sighed and started to walk to her locker. She liked Kai, he was a nice guy but she wasn't used to get so much attention from someone since Myungsoo had died. 
Her locker was on the third floor, so Sooyoung rushed upstairs, put her books into her locker and rushed downstairs again. As she entered the canteen she looked for Kai. She wanted to stay away from him but at the same time she wanted to be with him. 
 
"Sooyoung!" She saw Kai waving at her and a smile formed on her face.
 
She walked to the table he was sitting at and saw 11 other guys sitting there as well.
 
'Well this is awkward.' Sooyoung thought and bit her lower lip.
 
"Come here." Kai pointed to the empty spot next to him. Sooyoung quietly followed his order and sat down next to him.
 
"So that's the girl you've been talking about last night." A tall guy smiled at her.
 
Kai glared at him and a brown haired guy next to the tall guy elbowed him.
 
"What? You don't share a room with him... He talked about her non-stop and-"
 
"Well Chanyeol why don't you shut the hell up?!" Kai smiled and glared at him the same time.
 
"Okay, stop fighting... You guys are scaring her..." Another tall guy said as he looked at Kai and the other tall guy. Kai sighed and turned around and looked at Sooyoung.
 
"Let me introduce you, this is Kris." Kai pointed at the tall guy who told them to stop arguing.
 
"This is Chanyeol." He pointed at the one who argued with Kai.
 
"This is Suho, Luhan, Sehun, Baekhyun, Chen, Xiumin, Lay, Tao and Kyungsoo." He pointed at the rest.
 
"Oh, it will take some time until I can remember all the names..." Sooyoung said and her eyes widened. That was something she was only suppose to think not say. The boys started to laugh and Sooyoung blushed.
 
"You're funny." The guy who Sooyoung remembered as Baekhyun said.
 
"And guys that's Kwon Sooyoung, my new girlfriend." Kai introduced Sooyoung and everyones eyes widened.
 
"What?" Kai asked innocently.
 
No one said anything and they started to eat.
 
"I just get myself something to eat." Sooyoung was about to get up when Kai pulled her down.
 
"Here have my food, I'll get myself something new." He said and reached his tablet towards Sooyoung.
 
"Jongin, it's okay..." 
 
"No sit down. I'll be back in a minute." He got up and ran towards the canteen lady.
 
"So you call him by his real name?" Chanyeol asked.
 
"Sure..." Sooyoung answered kinda confused.
 
"And he's not stopping you?" Sehun asked.
 
"N-No..." Sooyoung said as she bid into Kai's bread and tried to avoid their gazes.
 
"Wow..." Chanyeol continued eating.
 
"Why? Don't you guys call him by his real name?" Sooyoung asked.
 
"Not really..." Suho said.
 
"I'm back." Kai sat down next to her and no one said anything.
 
"Kai, are you coming tonight?" Tao asked.
 
"I don't know yet..." Kai shrugged.
 
"You have to come this time..." Luhan said.
 
"Yes, it's boring without you." Chen agreed with Luhan.
 
"I know why he isn't coming." Chanyeol smirked.
 
"Shut up!" Kai threw his spoon to Chanyeol and Chanyeol just laughed.
 
"Take her as well." Kris said and everyone looked at him.
 
"Are you sure? Usually it's only us..." Suho raised his eyebrows.
 
"She's his girlfriend... It should be fine." Kris reassured him.
 
"If you say so..." Suho nodded.
 
"So are you coming?" Chanyeol asked Kai and Kai looked at Sooyoung.
 
"What?" Sooyoung asked him.
 
"Do you have time tonight?" Kai asked her.
 
"I don't know I have some homework to do..." 
 
"Please Sooyoung." Kai pouted.
 
"You know that this doesn't work for me." Sooyoung rolled her eyes.
 
"Okay, okay I know..." Kai smiled.
 
"So? Are you coming?" He asked her again.
 
"Where to?" 
 
"Surprise." Kai smirked.
 
"Well then, no." Sooyoung continued to eat her food.
 
"You won't regret it! Please come!" Lay spoke for the first time.
 
Sooyoung bit her lower lip and gave up.
 
"Okay, I'll be there." She sighed.
 
"I'll pick you up at 7PM." Kai smiled brightly and continued to eat his food.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New chapter wooohoooo~ how was it? Pleaaaaaaaaase leave some comments :) <3 
btw hellooooooooo helllooooooo new subscribers~ :)))