Heartbreak

Re-Love

listen to Exo's Miracle in December while reading the whole chapter ;D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kim Jongin?" The teacher asked in the class.

"Kim Jongin?" He repeated.

"Kai is not here." A guy responeded the teacher.

The girls turned around and glared at Sooyoung.

"Do you know what happened to him?" Hoya leaned in and asked her.

She shook her head and put it on the table. Hoya sighed while looking at her.

"Something's wrong..." He came closer to her.

"I'm just tired." Sooyoung smiled slightly and closed her eyes.

The first class passed by just like that and her next class was with Kris. She took a deep breath as she walked in. Sooyoung walked straight towards her seat. Kris who was sitting two rows in front of her turned around and looked at her. Sooyoung was looking down while biting her lips. Kris was about to get up when Myungsoo passed him by. 

"Yo!" He sat down on her desk.

"Hey." Sooyoung looked up and smiled slightly.

"What's with your face?" Myungsoo asked her.

She just looked at him. As if he didn't knew what had happened to her last night!

"Hey, smile. People are watching you." He leaned in and whispered into her ear. 

Than he jumped off her desk and walked away. Sooyoung looked after him and sighed. She turned back and she made eyecontact with Kris. He looked deep into her eyes. She gave him a sleepy smile and looked down again. Kris sighed and got up to sit next to her.

"Is this seat taken?" He asked and sat down. 

"It is now." She tried to crack a smile.

"Hey... Do you both really need to suffer like this?" Kris turned around and asked her.

Sooyoung looked up and nodded. 

"It's for the best." She said a little quiet.

"Kai's leaving to China tomorrow with his parents." Kris said.

"See... He's on better terms with his parents when I'm not around." She smiled again as her eyes filled with tears.

"But he loves you." Kris said.

"I love him too. But you can forget the one you love." She said and got up.

"Sooyoung!" Kris got up as well.

Sooyoung rushed out of the class room while Kris was following her. Without knowing she ended up in the room where she met Kai for the first time. 

"Sooyoung." Kris touched her shoulder.

Sooyoung was standing in the middle of the room and had covered her face while crying.

"S-Sooyoung..." Kris turned her around.

"I miss him. I already miss him!" She sobbed.

"You don't have to do this..." Kris said.

Sooyoung looked up at Kris. Her eyes were red and her cheeks were wet.

"Kris... You don't know. I won't end up with him anyways. His mother doesn't like me and I saw how he changed as soon as he saw his mother while we were together. It was like I wasn't there anymore. It was like Jongin was a different guy. Not the one who would drive me home or buy me lunch every day. I hate seeing him like this. I just want the best for him. He will forget me anyways just like the other girls whom he dated!" She cried and Kris hugged her.

Kris didn't know what to say, so he hugged her instead and patted her back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two weeks had passed by. Sooyoung was still not over Kai but she somehow managed to continue to live. She was having lunch with Infinite when they suddenly heard girls screaming like crazy.

"God, why is it so loud?" Sunggyu sighed.

"They're like this too when you guys enter school." Sooyoung laughed and rolled her eyes.

"But then it's like music in our ears." Woohyun closed his eyes and moved his arms up as if he was dancing with a girl.

Myungsoo threw a pea at him. 

"YA!" Woohyun opened his eyes and grabbed some peas as well as he threw them at Myungsoo but half of them ended on Sooyoung.

"Heeeeeeeeeeeey! What did I do?!" She sighed.

Meanwhile the screams got louder. Sooyoung looked at the girls who gathered at one place and saw them all moving towards Exo's table.

"Did something happen? Is it someone's birthday?" Hoya asked while eating.

"Hmm... No." Sooyoung shook her head.

"Oh! Is Kai back?" Seungyeol said.

Sooyoung's eyes widened. Seungyeol got on his chair and looked at the crowd of girls.

"Oh it's really Kai!" He said.

Myungsoo looked at her. Sooyoung stopped eating and looked at her plate.

"Is he with a girl?!" Seungyeol suddenly said.

"Girl?!" Woohyun asked.

"Sit down!" Sunggyu pulled Seungyeol down and nodded towards Sooyoung.

They knew that Sooyoung broke up with Kai two weeks ago. 

"Sooyoung... Just eat." Dongwoo said carefully.

Sooyoung took a deep breath and looked up smiling.

"I'm full." She said.

"Can you please excuse me?" She got up.

"Where are you going?" Hoya asked.

"To the wash room. I'll be back in a minute." She smiled and run out of the canteen while passing by the crowd of girls.

She walked to the wash room and looked at herself in the mirror. She had promised herself so many times that she would be strong enough to face him when he was back. Why was she like this now? She opened the water-tap and washed her face. 

"Calm down." She slightly slapped herself as she looked in the mirror.

Than she dried her face and walked out. On her way to the canteen she met Minhee. 

"Sooyoung!" Minhee waved at her.

"Oh, hi Minhee!" Sooyoung smiled and waved back.

"Where are you going?" Sooyoung asked Minhee. 

"Oh, I have this chemistry homework... And I have no idea how to do it." She sighed.

"I'm going to the library. Wanna join me?" She asked Sooyoung smiling.

"I would like to but I promised Infinite that I'd be back in a minute." Sooyoung looked apologetic.

"Ah, it's okay." Minhee smiled.

"Oh... Did you hear that Kai is back?" Minhee asked Sooyoung.

She knew that Sooyoung and Kai broke up and she knew how much it had hurt Sooyoung. Why was she bringing this up now?

"Um, yes, I saw the crowd." Sooyoung smiled.

"I heard that he got engaged." Minhee said.

"O-Oh...?" Sooyoung looked surprised.

"Yes, and she's from a rich chinese family. And she's sooooooo pretty!" Minhee said excited.

"I see." Sooyoung looked away.

"Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to hurt-"

"No, it's fine!" Sooyoung smiled.

"I gotta go now. See you later." Minhee said and gave Sooyoung a little hug.

"See you!" Sooyoung smiled and walked back to the canteen.

The crowd was gone and Sooyoung was able to see Exo's table. Everyone was talking with Kai excitedly. Just at that moment Sooyoung's and Kai's eyes met. He hugged the girl next to him and looked away. Sooyoung felt how her heart started to bleed again. She looked away as well and hurried to Infinite's table. She sat down next to Myungsoo and started to talk with Infinite as if nothing happened. Kai was once in a while stealing glances at her just like Sooyoung did.

"Oh it's time for classes." Hoya said as he got up when he heard the bell ringing.

"Nerd." Woohyun said and laughed.

Sooyoung got up as well with her plate but Myungsoo grabbed it.

"I'll take it back. Just wait for me." He said and smiled.

Sooyoung smiled back and did as he said. Then Myungsoo came back and he walked her to her class. 

"Are you going to be okay?" He whispered into her ear.

"Don't worry." She patted his arm and walked in. 

She took her place and waited for the teacher to enter the class. Why was he so late? 
Kai was also in this class with her but he was missing too. Just then Kai walked in followed by the teacher and the girl whom Kai had hugged during lunch.
Kai was actually always sitting next to Sooyoung but he moved to the empty table next to Sooyoung's. Sooyoung looked at him and smiled slightly as she looked at the teacher.

"Sorry for being late everyone. We have a new student. She transferred here from China. Mei, please introduce yourself." The teacher said.

"Hello, I'm Mei. I transferred here from China. Please take good care of me!" She smiled and bowed. 

Sooyoung looked surprised at her. Mei talked Korean really fluent and she looked friendly and cute.

"Where do you want to sit?" The teacher asked her.

Kai raised his hand.

"Yes, Mr. Kim?" The teacher asked Kai.

"Since she's my fiancee, she can sit next to me." Kai said.

"Oh, yes sure!" The teacher said.

Mei turned red and sat down next to Kai.

"I told you not to say that out loud." She whispered but loud enough for Sooyoung to hear.

"Everyone knows anyway." He hugged her shoulders.

It was too much for Sooyoung.

"Mr. Lee, is it okay for me to leave? I don't feel so well.." Sooyoung said as she raised her hand.

"Sure. Visit the nurses room and bring a medical certification." He said.

"Thank you." Sooyoung bowed and packed her bag.

Everyone watched her leaving the classroom. She heard some girls giggling before she closed the door. Her eyes got watery and she hurried to the nurses room first to get the certification. After that she went to the library and hid herself between the book shelfs. She took her earphones out and pressed play. Than she took a random book from the shelf next to her and started to read. Without knowing time passed by.

"Excuse me!" Someone tapped her knee.

Sooyoung looked up. 

"We're closing. It's already 7PM." The woman said. 

"Oh." Sooyoung said and immediately got up.

"Do you want to borrow this book?" The woman smiled at her.

"Yes, please." Sooyoung smiled back.

The woman took the book. Sooyoung followed her. She then typed something into the computer.

"I need your student ID-card." She smiled at Sooyoung.

Sooyoung passed it to her and the woman looked at it.

"Oh Sooyoung? That's my daugthers name too." The woman smiled wider.

"I hope she becomes just as pretty as you." The woman smiled as she scanned Sooyoung's name plate.

"Thank you!" Sooyoung smiled and bowed.

"Here you go." She gave the book and Sooyoung's student ID-card back.

"Thank you." Sooyoung smiled and put everything into her bag and walked out.

It was already dark. She hurried to the bus stop and sat down. Suddenly a car stopped in front of her. The person opened the window and looked at Sooyoung.

"Annyeong!" Suho waved at her.

"Oh, Suho oppa!" Sooyoung smiled.

"Come in. I'll take you home." He smiled at her.

"But it's not on your way home." Sooyoung said as she rubbed her hands together since it was cold.

"It's fine. Come in or you'll freeze." He smiled at her.

"Okay, thank you!" She got in.

"What are you doing in front of school so late?" He asked her. 

"I was in the library reading a book and didn't realize the time." She smiled.

"Oh you like reading?" Suho asked her.

"Well, yes." She smiled.

"Me too!" He smiled while looking at the streets.

"Um Sooyoung?" He suddenly turned serious.

"Yes?" She looked smiling at him.

"Nothing..." He than smiled and looked at the streets.

"Say it!" Sooyoung giggled.

"Nah... Maybe some time later." He smiled looking at her.

"Okay." Sooyoung nodded and looked out.

Suho turned into Sooyoung's street but just than Sooyoung spotted a motorcycle in front of her house and a guy standing next to it.

"Is that Kai?" Suho suddenly blurted out.

"What is he making here?" Sooyoung looked confused.

"Let's ask him." Suho parked the car and got out with Sooyoung.

"Jongin?" Sooyoung said as she walked up to him. 

He looked up and saw her. 

"Hey." He said to her.

"Hi hyung." He said as he spotted Suho.

"What are you doing here?" Suho sounded angry.

"I came to give something back to Sooyoung." Kai said and put his hand into his pocket. 

Than he took a necklace out where their names were written on. They had made this on their first date together.

"I don't need it anymore... I thought of throwing it away but than I thought that you might want it." Kai said as he held the necklace in front of her.

Sooyoung's eyes filled with tears and she got angry. Did he just say he wanted to throw it away? 

"Throw it away! I already did..." Sooyoung glared and walked away.

"Thanks for the ride oppa!" She turned towards Suho for the last time and wiped her tears that were falling now as she turned back towards her house.

She unlocked the door and walked in. Her mom was at work and Myungki was probably studying in the universities library. She closed the door and felt how her knees got weak. She sat down at the entrance and started to cry. Kai just asked her if he should throw their memories away! 
Sooyoung grabbed the necklace around her neck and pulled at it until it broke. She looked at their names on it and cried harder. She than threw it across the floor and got up to walk to her room.
Meanwhile Suho and Kai were still in front of her house.

"Did you completely lost your mind?!" Suho hit Kai's chest.

"Don't you see how much this girl suffers?" He hit Kai's chest again.

"I wanted to see her for the last time..." Kai said looking down.

"Is that your only way? Acting all tough in school and than coming to her house and breaking her heart again after what had happened?!" Suho was about to yell.

"SHE WAS THE ONE WHO BROKE UP!" Kai suddenly yelled.

"DO YOU THINK SHE WANTED TO? DO YOU THINK SHE LIKES BEING HEART BROKEN?! JUST FOR ONE TIME, THINK KIM JONGIN! SHE DID IT FOR YOUR SAKE!" Suho yelled at him and walked back to his car.

Kai looked up at her house and saw light in her room. He sighed and put his helmet on. He got on his motorcycle and drove away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JJAN! A new update! :D omg guys i wrote this whole chapter while listening to Exo's Miracle in December... you should do that too and you might get the same feeling as me while i was writing this :) anyways did you like it? if yes than please leave me a comment and subscribe if you haven't yet ;D