Kim Jongin

Re-Love

 

"How do you like your new uniform?" Her mother asked her as she was driving Sooyoung to school.
 
"It's nice." Sooyoung said as she looked out of the window.
 
Seoul was a different city then Mokpo. The city was surrounded by huge skyscrapers. It was almost impossible to see the sky. People on the streets looked stressed and busy as hell.
Sooyoung sighed and turned her head around and closed her eyes. It's been two days now that they've been to Seoul but Sooyoung wasn't able to sleep. She always had hard times to fall asleep when she's in a new place. 
 
"Sooyoung?" Her mother shook her arm.
 
"Hm?" Sooyoung looked at her mother.
 
"Here's your schedule. The secretary sent it to me last night. And we've arrived at school." Her mother said as she gave Sooyoung a piece of paper.
Sooyoung took it and started to read her subjects.
 
"Sooyoung..." Her mother said again and she looked up.
 
"Please... Please don't be like this here anymore. It's a new start for you and me. Maybe you'll find someone else and-"
 
"Okay, mom. I'll try my best." Sooyoung interrupted her mother and got off of the car.
 
Her mother sighed and drove away. Sooyoung looked at her schedule and then looked up at the school. It was huge and looked more welcoming than her old school. Students were looking at her since she was new. Sooyoung coughed slightly and started to walk towards the building. 
 
When she entered the building she couldn't believe her eyes. The hallways were huge.
Sooyoung looked at her schedule and saw that her first class was history in room 304. She looked around and spotted a few rooms marked with the numbers like 001 etc. So that meant that her class was on the third floor. Sooyoung walked upstairs and looked around again. Every student looked at her but no one came to help her.
 
"At least no one tries to talk to me." She whispered.
 
After a minute she found the room and checked it again on her schedule. She didn't want to embarrass herself from the first day.
As she entered the room everyone became quiet and stared at her. Sooyoung decided that it'd be the best if she'd take a seat at the very back of the class, just like in her old school. The students started to whisper and look at her which made Sooyoung feel very uncomfortable but just then the teacher entered the class and everyone in class sat back at their seats. A boy got up and Sooyoung looked at him.
 
"Attention! Bow!" He said and everyone followed his orders.
 
"Must be the class president." Sooyoung whispered.
 
The teacher looked at his papers and then looked up at the class.
 
"My papers say that we have a new student but I can't see him/her." The teacher said and Sooyoung slowly got up.
 
"Oh there you are. Such a pretty lady. Please introduce yourself to the class." The teacher smiled at her.
 
"Hello, I'm Kwon Sooyoung and I moved with my mom to Seoul from Mokpo." Sooyoung introduced herself. 
 
She kept her eyes on the teacher and tried to avoid the stares she gained from the class.
 
"Mokpo? Amazing! How old are you?" The teacher asked her again.
 
"I'm 18, sir." Sooyoung answered him.
 
"So you're around the same age as your classmates. I hope you guys will get along well. By the way I'm Mr. Kim, your future history and classroom teacher." The teacher also introduced himself and Sooyoung bowed.
 
"You can sit down now and we'll start with class." The teacher said.
 
"But first I have to check the attendance list." Mr. Kim said and started to call out some names.
 
"Kim Jongin." He said but no one answered.
 
"Kim Jongin." He called out again, this time a little louder. Again no answer.
 
"Does anyone know where Jongin is?" Mr. Kim asked the class but everyone shook their heads.
He sighed and shook his head starting the class.
 
-------------
 
The bell finally rang for lunch time. Sooyoung was feeling tired from all the introducings she had to make. Some students she recognized again from other classes and some even tried to talk to her. She tried her best to be nice but she just couldn't help and stay cold towards them. 
She decided to be alone for lunch instead of going to the canteen and gain attention again. While eating her sandwich she decided to look around in school. She reached a room with the name 'K023'. Sooyoung thought that it might be a storage room but she heard music coming out from there. During the last year everything about Sooyoung changed except for two things: her love for music and her curiosity. As the curios Sooyoung she decided to sneak a peek. She slowly pressed down the handle and the door opened. She looked from a little gap but she couldn't see enough so she opened it a little wider. Then she saw someone dancing to a soft melody while singing. His moves were flowing into each other and he looked flawless while dancing. Suddenly he stopped dancing.
 
"I can feel the wind." He said. Sooyoung continued to look at him.
 
"I'm talking to you." He said and turned around and stopped for a minute when he saw Sooyoung.
 
"O-Oh." Sooyoung suddenly tripped and fell down.
 
"Are you okay?" He rushed to her and offered his hand to get up but Sooyoung didn't take the offer and got up by herself.
 
"Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you... I just heard the music and was curio-"
 
"I've never seen you around." He interrupted her.
 
"I-I'm new." Sooyoung looked down.
 
"Hmm, I see. What's your name?" He asked her.
 
"Kwon Sooyoung." She looked up at him and their eyes met. 
 
His eyes were chocolate brown, just like Myungsoo's and they looked as warm and welcoming as his eyes. Sooyoung eyes filled with tears.
 
"Are you- Are you crying?" His eyes suddenly widened and Sooyoung quickly looked away.
 
"N-No." She said as she wiped her tears away.
 
"You're crying! Did someone bully you?" He asked her and she shook her head.
 
"What is it then?" He asked again.
 
"You won't understand anyways. I'm sorry that I've disturbed you." She said and turned around to leave.
 
"Won't you ask for my name?" He said and she turned around again and looked at him, a little surprised. 
 
"I'm Kim Jongin." He smiled. 
 
"Kim Jongin? The guy who skipped classes today?" It escaped Sooyoung's lips.
 
"Wow... How did you know?" He looked at her confused.
 
"I-I have lots of classes with you..." She blushed and looked down.
 
"Really?" He laughed.
 
"Anyways, I'll leave you alone then." Sooyoung turned around and was about to leave when he called her name.
 
"Did you eat?" He asked her and she nodded.
 
"But I didn't. Let's grab something for me to eat." He walked back into the room and turned off the music and got his school jacket from the ground and walked back to her.
 
"Let's go." He said and continued to walk.
 
Sooyoung looked at him confused. Why was that guy acting like this to her? As if they were friends for years... Just like Jiyoung would act... Sooyoung sighed as she had to think of her old friends.
 
"Aren't you coming?" Jongin asked her and Sooyoung nodded. 
 
Her feet followed him magically. They entered the canteen together and everyone started to whisper as they pointed at Sooyoung and Jongin. Some girls were glaring at Sooyoung.
 
"Ignore them." Jongin whispered as he leaned in towards her and Sooyoung heard a girl next to her gasping. She quickly nodded and walked a little closer to Jongin.
 
He bought two sandwiches and they walked out again into the school yard. Then they sat down at a bench and Jongin gave one sandwich to her.
 
"I told you that I already ate." Sooyoung said.
 
"I thought that you might still be hungry." He said as he bid into his sandwich.
 
"I'm not, really." Sooyoung said.
 
She didn't know why but something about him made her stay next to him. Maybe it was his open and friendly way. Or maybe because he kind of reminded Sooyoung of Myungsoo.
 
"Sooyoung take it." He put the sandwich onto her lap.
 
"But-"
 
"No buts! You're going to eat this and I'll be watching you!" He playfully glared at her.
 
"Like a creep?" Sooyoung said and immediately cupped her lips. Jongin laughed.
 
"Sorry, I didn't mean to-"
 
"It's okay." He continued to laugh and Sooyoung bid her sandwich while blushing.
 
After a while he calmed down and Sooyoung was done with her sandwich.
 
"Thanks." She said and he smiled in response.
 
"So, what's your next class? Maybe we have the same class again?" He asked her and Sooyoung took her schedule out. Jongin looked at it as well.
 
"Biology, boring, but I have the same class. Seems like we were meant to be friends." He laughed and Sooyoung smiled for the first time in a long time.
 
"Oh you smiled! You didn't smile since we met!" He pointed at her and Sooyoung stopped smiling. 
 
"Hey, I didn't tell you to stop smiling!" He pouted.
 
"I don't feel like smiling." She said with a monotone voice again.
 
"Hmm okay, whatever you feel like but I think you look more beautiful when you smile." Jongin shrugged and got up. Sooyoung looked at him.
 
"Classes are about to start, let's go." He said and Sooyoung got up.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Yeeeeeey! New subscribers! heheh Helloooo helloooooooo~ ^__^ 
this chapter is a bit short...but i still hope you'll like it... You'll get to know more about Kai in the upcoming chapters ^____^