Jump

Find My Voice

"Yah, ~~~~~!" Appa yelled drunkenly. "Go get groceries, we're out of food!"

You scrambled to put away your homework and rush out of the attic. "Right away, appa!" You said, running outside to go to the grocery store, even though it was eight at night. You've learned over the past 17 years that if your parents told you to do something, you do it, and less pain would come to you in the end.

************************************************************************************************************************************

Hyunseung was walking all alone by himself in silence. He felt his heart break with every step.

Today was Geurim's birthday.........and the anniversary of her death.

He had no one. It was all his fault his beloved younger sister got hit by the truck. If only he didn't yell at her......if only he didn't act so rude...........

If Hyunseung could cry, he would. But his tears dried out three years ago. He no longer cried. He no longer felt anything. The curiosity and surprise he felt from that pretty girl that day was gone, disappeared. He felt nothing but intense pain, ripping and eating away at his heart and soul.

What was the point of living any more? He thought miserably. I don't feel anything any more. I don't talk any more. I don't smile or laugh any more. I once had a dream, a dream to be a singer.....a dancer.....but that's gone now. Why do I need to live?

Hyunseung realized he was on a bridge. He slowly walked over to the side of the bridge and stared at the swirling darkness below. Just a little jump.....just one jump......a jump over the railing, and all this pain would be gone. Over. How wonderful that sounded.

He had nobody anymore, so what was the point? He told himself that as he climbed up over the railing. What was the point of living? All this pain, disappeared. He would welcome death, even smile for it.

He stood up on the railing, staring at the dark waters. A single tear dripped down from his beautiful, sad eyes and down his cheek.

"Geurim, I love you."

He closed his eyes and bent his knees, prepared himself, and....................................