Speak

Find My Voice

You woke up in Hyunseung's bed. Dazed and slightly disoriented, you rubbed your eyes and sat up, wincing.

You remembered the details of last night. Your parents had beaten you -- horribly -- and you collapsed on the street crying, and then Hyunseung saved you and treated your wounds.

You stared at your hand. Bruises were peeking out from behind band-aids.

You frowned slightly, deep in thought, and brushed your hand over your lips. It was tingling slightly. You felt like something happened when you were sleeping.

Hyunseung walked in, carrying a tray of breakfast food: toast, eggs, sausages, those kinds of things.

He gently placed it down in front of you. He smiled softly. "Eat."

You did. It was delicious. You looked up.

He seemed to be struggling to say something. He opened his mouth but no words came out.

Finally, he used gestures. He pointed at the food, then slowly pointed at himself.

You understood immediately. "Oh.....you made it yourself?"

He smiled and nodded.

You laughed with delight. "I didn't know you can cook!"

He shrugged, then sat at the edge of her bed to eat also.

There was a few moments silence as the two of you ate the food.

"Hyunseung............."

He looked up. You were looking troubled.

"What......should I do? I.....I'm scared if I go back home, they'll beat me again.......but they're my parents, I can't just leave them.............."

Hyunseung found himself angry. "So what? If you weren't such an amazing, nice, innocent girl, you would have run away from home or reported to the authorites. So what if they're your parents, ~~~~~~~~? From what I can see, they don't exactly act like one."

You bit your lip, trying hard not to cry. "I don't know what to do."

Hyunseung's heart leaped in his chest at your sad face, and his hand instantly reached out to touch the side of your face. You looked up and met eyes with him. A memory of the two of you kissing appeared in your head, and you blushed and looked away.

Hyunseung started to make frantic gestures. You peered at him in puzzlement, until you finally got it. "Ohhh.....you want me to stay here? To live here?"

He blushed and made a gesture that seemed to say "You can stay here if you want, as long as you need."

"I couldn't inconvenience you like that!" You stammered, blushing. "Also, wouldn't the orphanage not let me.....?"

He shrugged. "The orphanage only cares about the little kids, the ones that will actually get adopted. They don't care what the older kids do."

You hesitated, then said slowly. "Well.....um....i-if it's not too much trouble......I.....I WOULD like to stay here......just-just for a bit. Thank you." You beamed sweetly at him. "You're too kind."

Hyunseung felt his heart stop beating for a second. It took him a few seconds to remember how to breathe.

******************************************************************************************************************************************

You were sleeping again. You were just too exhausted.

Hyunseung knew he had promised not to try and talk again, since it hurt you, but it was hurting him NOT trying.

His throat convulsed, and he bent forward, trying to throw words out. It didn't do anything except make his throat raw and sore.

Frustrated, he scratched his head.

Maybe I'm doing this wrong.

Hyunseung took a deep breath, and let it out slowly. This time, when he took a deep breath, he let it out with a long "Haaaaaaaaaaah........."

The first time he did that, it was silent. But the next time he tried it, he could hear the "Haaaaaaah" sound. He smiled to himself. That was the first sound he made in a long time.

After a few more tries, Hyunseung could audibly hear himself say "Haaaaaaaaah" as he breathed out. He was extremely pleased with himself.

If I continue working my voice box like this, I'll start speaking in no time. I can't wait to see the look on ~~~~~~~~'s face when she finds out I can speak again.

And the first words I'll say to her will be I LOVE YOU.

******************************************************************************************************************************************

LOL short chapter I know, but that's because Hyunseung has just realized his new goal in life -- to be able to say the words I LOVE YOU to you :)

Will he learn how to speak again?

Will he confess to you?

DRAMATIC MUSIC hahaha