Three Words

Find My Voice

"I love......I love....." Hyunseung repeated to himself, scared he might forget how to say the words. He repeated it in his head, day and night. "I love.....I love...."

I love you, ~~~~~~~.

You were oblivious to what he was working on, but you could tell that he was working hard on it, and, being the sweet girl you were, you knew he wanted it to be kept secret.

Smiling one day as the two of you ate dinner, you said "How is it coming along?"

Confused, he just looked at you.

You laughed. "The 'secret project' that you're working on. How is it?"

He pretended not to know what you were talking about, and just shrugged his thin shoulders.

You smiled and shook your head. "Don't be dumb, Hyunseung. I know you've been secretly working on something in your room. Whenever you come out, you look tired and exhausted and almost in pain.....but....you look happy. You look like you've accomplished the impossible. I don't know how to explain it, but.....it makes me happy too, seeing you smile like that." You smiled at him.

Hyunseung smiled at you. Only ~~~~~~~ could be like this.

This made him double his efforts to learn how to say the last word: You.

"I.....love.....yuh----yuh----yuuuuuh...."

Frowning at himself, he shook his head and tried again. His throat was raw.

"Yuuuh......yuuuuh-ooooooo......Yuuuuh-ooooo...."

He coughed from the effort.

"Yuuuuuh-ooooo....."

He closed his eyes to think about what made him push himself so much -- your face. He felt a new burst of strength. He had to do this. He had to. Even if you didn't return your feelings for him -- even if you rejected him, he wanted to at least be able to tell you this. He wanted to let you know.

"Yuh-oo......Yuuhhoooo. Yoooouuuu. Yooouu....."

He smiled and almost jumped for joy. "YOU!"

You opened the door. "Hyunseung? Are you okay? I thought I heard something....."

Hyunseung almost said it, right then and there, but he quickly forced himself not to. He wanted to find the right time, the perfect moment.

You shrugged and smiled. "Well, I hope you're finished. Dinner is ready. And we have to go to school tomorrow, don't forget!" Humming to yourself, you closed the door again.

Hyunseung stared at the closed door, his eyes shining bright with anticipation and happiness.

"I love you."