Betrayal

Find My Voice

The threats, insults, and acts of bullying didn't stop over the next few days.

You once left gym class to go change back into your school uniform, only to find it was ripped to shreds by scissors.

More magazine-letter-cutout messages were hung in your locker.

Someone wrote "~~~~~~ IS A " on your locker with red paint.

You took it all silently. Hyunseung didn't know a thing -- he was suddenly EXTREMELY busy dealing with his new super-popularity.

Girls have always eyed him for his handsome looks, even if he didn't say anything. You've always known that. Whenever you walked together with him, you could feel at least one pair of eyes staring after him longingly from behind. If those eyes turned to you, they were most likely throwing daggers.

But now, suddenly, they were taking action. Hyunseung was swarmed every day by his new fans.

Hyuna always chased them away, and Hyunseung would smile at her in thanks.

But even she was starting to do things that made him uncomfortable, like the knee-touch thing she did before. Her movements towards him, even her words and expressions, were too suggestive to be appropriate for friendship.

But he said nothing about it. He was scared that if he hurt Hyuna's feelings, she wouldn't want to be friends with you anymore. He knew it was your first friendship, and he felt the need to protect it.

*************************************************************************************************************************************

One day, you got a note that said

 

meet   ME atthe ROOFTOP

after   school .

 

Your first thought was to ignore this new letter and just go home, but you were curious to see who was the bully.

You waited on the rooftop, shivering in the cold air, wrapping your jacket up even tighter around your body.

"So, you really did come." A voice said from behind the chimney.

You spun around. "H-Hyuna?" You gasped. (No surprises there XP)

Hyuna emerged, smirking. "But....but why?" You asked lamely. "I mean....aren't we friends?"

It came crashing down to you then. Hyuna wasn't your friend. She never was. "You.....you lied to me? You only became my 'friend' so.....you could be closer to Hyunseung!" You gasped.

"Damn right, ." She smirked. Oh, the rumours about her being a was definitely true.

"Hyunseung oppa is MINE. I've had my eye on him for a long time now. Although it was thanks to you that he started to smile, but I will make him do much more."

She giggled and checked her perfectly manicured nails. "Such a shame he can't speak, but it doesn't matter. As long as he's unbelievably gorgeous."

You felt angry. "How can you SAY THAT?" You yelled. "GORGEOUS? You don't love a person because of their looks! You love a person from the inside!"

Hyuna smirked. "Spare me the pure talk. I'm going to make my move on Hyunseung oppa soon, so I have no need for you anymore. Get lost. Why are you always hanging around him anyway, like a leech?"

"Because I........." You turned red and shut your mouth.

She leered at you through her mascara-covered eyes. "Ohhh.....I see......so you're IN LOVE with him?"

She burst out laughing.

"Oh please. Why would Hyunseung oppa want to be with someone like YOU? It's impossible for you two to be together. Impossible. It'll never, ever, EVER happen." 

She walked away. You felt tears in your eyes.

Your first friend betrayed you.

Your first friend was someone who wasn't even your friend in the first place.

Your first friend bullied you and sent you threatening messages.

Your first friend is trying to steal your crush.

Your first friend ruined your dreams and hopes of being with him.

With Hyunseung.

Impossible.

This was just too much.

You ran down the emergency stairs. You had to get home. You had to tell Hyunseung the truth -- that you loved him. You had to at least let him know.

You ran down and saw two figures in the hallway, kissing deeply. The boy was pushed back against the wall, his hands on her waist. The girl was kissing him fiercely.

Oh, come ON. You were in denial here! The least they could do was give you some sympathy and NOT make out in your face!

They broke the kiss, and you stared at them in horror.

You recognized that boy's face. You knew who we was. You knew the second you saw those beautiful, big, doe-like eyes.

Hyunseung and Hyuna.

"No." You whispered, tears falling down your cheeks.

Hyunseung pushed Hyuna away. "~~~~~~, no! It's not what you think!"

"No." You whispered again, backing away.

He ran towards you, wishing with all his heart that he could speak right then and there, to tell you the truth, to explain it to you.

"No." You backed away even more. Over Hyunseung's shoulder, Hyuna smirked.

Impossible.

"NO!" You screamed, turning around and running away.

Hyunseung chased after you.

"Please, ~~~~~~~, listen to me! It's not what you think! It's not! Please, ~~~~~~~!"