Try

Find My Voice

"Hyunseung! Good morning!" You sang.

He smiled at you and nodded. I love you.

"Hyunseung, did you finish these questions? I don't understand." You pouted.

He silently showed you how to do it, although in his mind the only thing he was really thinking about was how much he wanted to say those words.

I love you, ~~~~~~~. I love you.

He didn't know how he could ever express his feelings to her. Writing it down on paper wasn't romantic, and they didn't know sign language.

I don't even care if she rejects me. Hyunseung thought desperately. I just want her to know.

But the days went by, and every day his love for you grew more and more, and so did his pain. He wanted to tell you he loved you, he wanted you to know. But he wanted it to be official, to be romantic, to be real.

He wanted to be able to say those words out loud to you.

***************************************************************************************************************************************

One day, after school, you were late after being in study hall.

Leaving, you grabbed your backpack and walked out. However, you saw something that made you stop and stare.

Hyunseung was standing in the middle of the classroom. Suddenly, he hunched over, and it looked like he was going to throw up.

However, he stopped and tried again. His throat convulsed, and he gagged slightly. He shook his head, looking frustrated and sad, and did it again.

Is he trying to throw up?

No, you realized it wasn't the case. Hyunseung..............was trying to speak.

He was trying to force his words out, force himself to speak.

His next try gagged him, and he fell to the ground, choking. As soon as he finished coughing, he stood back up weakly and tried again.

You ran to him and hugged him. "Stop, Hyunseung!" You yelled. "Please, stop! It's hurting you!"

Hyunseung stared at you in shock, then gently tried to pull you away, but you pressed yourself harder to him. He felt his heart was about to explode.

"Please...............stop............" You whimpered. "I don't care if you can't speak for the rest of your life, I don't want you to hurt yourself over it. Please."

Hyunseung hesitated, then gently your hair. You looked up through blurred eyes. Although his smile was painful, you understood what he was saying. "Okay, I'm sorry. I won't do it again. I won't hurt you.

You smiled at him, and he swiftly bent down, leaning very close to your face. You felt yourself suddenly freeze. You could feel his light, cold breath on your face.

He reached out to touch a tear that had leaked out of your eyes. He wiped it off gently, and then stood up and walked away.

Blushing madly, he ran a hand through his long hair and grabbed his backpack, running out of the school. She was so close to me........so beautiful.........I love you.....I love you so much!

You slumped to the ground in shock.

Woah, woah, woah! What was that? You held a hand to your chest. Your heart was beating madly. Suddenly, he was so close...........I-I-I thought he was going to kiss me for a second there!

Puzzled, frowning, you walked home. Why did you react that way? Why was your heart pounding so much? Why did you suddenly think he was going to kiss you?

And why did you have a strange feeling you wanted him to?