I Will Not

Find My Voice

Hyunseung rolled over and looked up at your sleeping figure.

Since you now stayed with him, he gave you his bed and slept on the floor. You tried to refuse at first, but he insisted until you agreed.

He stared at your beautiful, angelic face as you slept dreamlessly.

He stood up and quietly walked over to the bed, and gently, with the same force as a butterfly's wings, the side of your face with the tips of his fingers.

"I love you." He whispered to you. You didn't stir, but a hint of a smile appeared on your face.

He went back to bed and fell asleep quickly.

In your sleep, you murmered softly "Hyunseung........I love you......."

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

You woke up to streaming sunlight. Hyunseung was gone, probably making breakfast. You quickly changed in the bathroom and got yourself ready.

You walked out, struggling to smooth the wrinkles on your uniform. Hyunseung slid a plate of toast and eggs towards you.

You looked at him and laughed. He looked puzzled. "What?"

"Your tie is crooked!" You giggled, walking over to straighten it for him. "Goodness, Hyunseung, did you double-knot this?" You struggled to fix it.

Hyunseung felt himself turn red. You were very close to him. Too close.

You felt it too. Heat grew on your cheeks.

Hyunseung thought "Now is the time!"

He opened his mouth.

You fixed it and quickly backed away, blushing furiously. "T-there! All fixed!" You gave him a shaky smile. "Let's eat breakfast, we don't wanna be late."

Slightly disappointed, Hyunseung closed his mouth and sat down across from you.

***************************************************************************************************************************************

The two of you walked out of school together. You felt yourself turn red every time you looked at his face. What's happening to me?

You gasped when you saw two figures standing outside. Your face turned pale, and you started shaking.

Hyunseung stared at you curiously. "What's wrong, ~~~~~~?"

"Umma......" You said shakily. "Appa....."

Your parents walked towards you, glaring at you murderously.

"Where. The. . Have. You. Been?" Umma hissed between her teeth. "You disgusting brat!"

Appa reached out and backhanded you across the face. You staggered. People were gasping and staring at you.

"Where have you been?" He roared, punching you. Everyone was frozen with shock.

You fell to the ground after he punched you in the chest, gasping for air. Umma kicked you, and you grunted with pain. She bent down and gripped your hair, pulling you up slightly. "We needed you to get groceries, to do the chores!" She screeched. "And you ing DISAPPEARED on us! After providing you with food and shelter and clothes for seventeen years! You selfish brat!"

"I'LL teach you not to run away again!" Appa growled, raising his fist.

A hand reached out and gripped his wrist. Hyunseung, his face livid with fury.

"Who are you?" Appa snarled. "How dare you? Trying to stop me teach discipline to my own child? You've got a lot of nerve, you bastard----"

His next words were cut off when Hyunseung twisted his wrist and kicked him in the stomach at the same time.

"HONEY!" Umma screeched. She strode over to Hyunseung. "You little brat....."

Hyunseung grabbed her wrist too before she could slap his face. Even though he said nothing, his eyes said it all. "I don't want to hit a woman, but if you touch ~~~~~~ again, I just might."

He flung her away, and she stumbled. Glaring at you, she snapped "Get over here, ~~~~~~. We're going home."

You stared at her.

"Didn't you hear me?" She yelled, as Appa struggled to his feet. "Come over here RIGHT NOW. You're coming home."

You shook your head. "No." You whispered.

"What?" Your parents hissed.

"No." You raised your voice even louder. "I will not. I will not go 'home', if that's what you call the pigsty we live in."

"WHAT?" They screeched. "You ungrateful brat!" Appa roared. "After everything we've done for you....."

You shook your head, looking at them determinedly. "No. You haven't done anything for me. Yes, it's true you provided me with food and shelter and clothes for 17 years, and I'm grateful to you for that. However, most of the money used to provide me with those things came out of MY pocket, using MY money that I earn doing odd jobs."

They stared at you in surprise. You've never spoken back to them before. Ever.

You continued on. "You have never, in all of my 17 years, made me feel like that place is a home. I will not go back there. I don't belong to your family anymore. Where I live now.....THAT is more of a home than what I had before."

You looked them in the eye. "Don't try to come after me again. If you do, you will have......" You flashed Hyunseung a smile. ".......HIM to answer to."

Hyunseung smiled back at you and then glared at them threateningly.

Spitting in your direction once, they strode away angrily.

You smiled weakly. "Whew. I can't believe I actually said those things!" You clutched your chest. "My heart is beating like crazy!"

Hyunseung reached out to touch the fresh bruises and cuts on your face. You smiled and shook your head. "I'll be fine."

Together, the two of you walked home.

You were smiling happily to yourself. You felt free. You were no longer under the rule of your abusive parents. You were no longer scared.

Hyunseung looked at you, then quietly took your hand.

Your eyes opened wide, and you felt your face turn red and hot. You hand shook in Hyunseung's. Your heart was beating a mile a minute -- no, a mile a second.

You looked at his face, and almost gasped in awe. For some reason, when you looked at Hyunseung, he was the most beautiful thing you've ever seen. He looked like an old painter's vision of a god, a stone statue of an angel. His big eyes were even more beautiful, his face even more lovely. It was like a viel had covered your eyes, and now that it was gone you saw everything more clearly, saw every single detail.

Hyunseung looked at you, curious, and you quickly looked away.

Your hand tightened around his.

Oh my goodness.......I'm in love with Hyunseung!

************************************************************************************************************************

Okay, since I feel like it might be confusing, let me explain..........

You were in love with Hyunseung, but you still didn't know it, that's why you were still wondering why you reacted so weirdly around him, but in your sleep you said you loved him. That's because you subconsciously loved him deep down, but you yourself didn't know yet.

LOL I thought it might be confusing, for you to say you love him in your sleep yet you didn't know why you blushed in front of him when you were awake.

He he but NOW YOU KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!