I Love You

Find My Voice

It was very awkward between you two now. You couldn't even look each other in the eye. However, you still waited for each other at school, sat together during class and lunch, and said goodbye.

You touched your face as you walked home. How come I always turn red around him?

Hyunseung touched his lips. How come my gaze always shifts to her lips when I see her?

***********************************************************************************************************************

When you got home, you immediately smelled beer and smoke. You ran into the living room. Your parents were sprawled on the couch, cigarette smoke drifting off their clothes, their breath reeking of vodka and beer.

"Umma! Appa!" You yelled frantically. "You went to a BAR?"

Umma stood up shakily and glared at you through bloodshot eyes. "What the do you care, brat?" She hissed, striking you across your face. You yelped with pain. "We just went to a gambling bar, that's all. But your IDIOT of a father lost ALL OUR MONEY!"

"Shut up, you little !" Appa roared at her. "We still have money in the bank! We can use that!"

"Don't fight, please!" You begged, but that was a mistake to say. Their attentions you.

"ing brat, you need to learn some manners!" Appa roared, punching your face. You staggered slightly, then collapsed onto the ground.

Umma kicked you in the stomach with her pointy high-heeled boots. "How dare you raise your voice at me!" She screeched.

They proceeded to beat you black and blue. You whimpered and cried out in pain every now and then, covering your face with your arms. Soon, though, the drinks took over, and they got too drunk to do any more.

They collapsed back onto the couch. "Get out of our sight." Umma hissed hoarsely. "Or you'll get what's coming to you."

Sobbing, you ran out of the house, clutching your stomach.

You shakily leaned against a tree, tears running down your face. This was worse than anything they've done to you so far.

You staggered through the empty streets, finally falling onto your , half-hidden in an alleyway. Crying quietly, you covered your head with your arms and sat there, shaking in the cold.

************************************************************************************************************************

Hyunseung left the orphanage to walk around the streets. He kept on replaying the kissing scene between you two in your head. It was very romantic, almost from a movie. He smiled despite himself.

I understand my feelings for ~~~~~~~ perfectly, yet she still doesn't know how she feels about me. Maybe that kiss made her realize......or close to it, anyway. Maybe that was why she's been avoiding me lately. Well, I was kind of avoiding her too.........

He talked like that in his head for a while, until he noticed a pair of legs sticking out slightly from within the shadows of an alley. His heart thudded. He recognized those second-hand, battered shoes.

He ran forward, yelling "~~~~~~~~!" joyfully in his head.

He stood in front of you. You looked up through tear-filled eyes.

His jaw dropped, and he stared at you in horror.

You had a black eye. You were bleeding from cuts and scratches. Purple, blue, and black bruises dotted your skin like chicken pox. You winced slightly, as though it hurt to breathe. Tears streaked your face, adding more to this pathetic portrait.

"Hyunseung........." You whispered through a cut and bleeding lip.

Hyunseung gasped silently, and quickly bent down. He reached out to your face, and you winced with pain even from his light touch.

He quickly grabbed you and lifted you up, bridal-style. One hand was underneath the crooks of your legs, the other at your waist, and he started running back to the orphanage.

You gasped and turned red at his touch. He was holding you close to his body, and you could feel his pounding heart............and yours.

He reached the orphanage, which was empty now. He walked up several steps until he got to a long hallway. There, he entered room #16. His room.

He gently sat you down on the bed and grabbed a first-aid kit. You winced and sometimes cried out in pain. He winced every time you did. Soon, you were covered with bandages and band-aids.

You smiled tearfully at him. "Thank you, Hyunseung. Thank you. I...I..." You buried your face in your arms, sobbing.

Hyunseung watched you for a while, then leaned over and removed your hands from your face. You stared at him, confused, tears silently falling down your cheeks.

He reached out with his hand, your face, catching the tears as they fell.

You gave a small smile through your tears. For some reason, it felt right. Warm and safe.

He suddenly leaned in close to you, and your breath caught in your chest. His face was so beautiful, it was like staring into the face of an angel.

He held that position, so close your noses almost brushed against each other, for a while, then he leaned back and pulled the covers over you, and gently pushed your head down onto the pillow.

"Sleep." He wanted to tell you. You understood.

"Thank you again.......Hyunseung.........." You whispered, closing your eyes and falling into a weary, deep sleep.

Hyunseung watched you sleep for a while, holding your hand the entire time.

I really wanted to kiss her at that moment.........but it's too soon. What if she didn't want me to? What if she didn't return my feelings? What if...........

All of his worries disappeared when he stared into your beautiful sleeping face. You looked so innocent, so sweet and pure, lying there, sleeping.

Very gently so he wouldn't wake you up, he rested his arm on the bed and leaned his body forward, and softly pressed his lips against yours.

After a while, he pulled away, and quietly left the room.

In your sleep, a soft smile spread on your face.