Couple

Find My Voice

"You.....what?" You whispered. You were so confused. Suddenly, Hyunseung was speaking, hugging you, telling you he loved you...........

"But.....you....you just kissed her! Hyuna!" Fresh tears went into your eyes at the memory. "I-I saw you! Kissing her!"

He pulled away to shake his head. He tried to find a way to explain it to you. He struggled for a while. He pointed to his lips and shook his head. Finally, he tried speaking.

He hadn't said anything else besides your name and "I love you". But I could speak once. He thought bravely. I can speak again.

"No......" He said slowly. Your eyes popped open even wider. "I.....did.....not.....kiss....her. She......kiss.....me." He looked desperately at you. Please believe me.

"So.....you didn't kiss her?" You asked. He nodded eagerly.

You felt a smile grow on your face through your tears. "Oh....I was so relieved, and .....and......." You just remembered the big deal. "OMO!!!!! HYUNSEUNG, YOU CAN SPEAK!"

You clapped your hands to your cheeks in a cute surprised pose. He chuckled. You gawped again. When he laughed, SOUND came out!

"But...how did you.......?"

He hugged you again tightly. "Be......Be....cause......Because......I love you."

You felt the truth in his words. "You learned how to speak again.......for me?" You whispered. Your heart was beating so fast it practically jumped out of your chest.

He pulled away again, looking you in the eyes, his face filled with sadness and desperate hope. "Do....you.....love....me?"

You blanked out for a few seconds.

"Hyunseung.......loves.....me?" You whispered.

He nodded. "I love you, ~~~~~~."

A wide smile broke out on your face, and you hugged him tightly. "Yes! Yes yes yes! I love you, Hyunseung! I love you!"

It was Hyunseung's turn to be shocked. She said she loved me. She said she loved me. She said she loved me. She said.........

He hugged you back. "I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." You sniffed, burying your face into his shoulder.

He broke free from the hug, and you were just about to ask what was the matter when he leaned in again and pressed his lips to yours softly.

You felt like the sun was beaming down on you, even though it was 6:00 in the evening. For some reason, everything was bright and shiny, like glitter had been sprinkled on everything. The grass was greener, the sky was bluer, the clouds whiter.........how could you not have seen it before?

He pulled away. "~~~~~~." He whispered one more time.

You felt a thrill go down your spine when he said your name.

"~~~~~~~, I love you." He repeated. He wanted to make sure you knew what he was saying.

You smiled at him and took his hand shyly. "Come on, Hyunseung. Let's go home."

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

You couldn't stop smiling, and neither could Hyunseung. Both of you were practically bouncing up and down on the spot. You couldn't sit still. Both of you were giddy.

He said he loved me! He loves me! You thought happily.

She loves me! She said she loved me! Hyunseung cheered in his head.

You caught his eye and smiled, blushing.

That night, before you went to bed, Hyunseung said "~~~~~~."

"Yes?" You looked up.

He bent down and kissed you again. "I love you."

He crawled into his blankets and fell asleep.

You sat there, smiling. One hand reached up to touch your lips.

Smiling to yourself like a lovestruck idiot, you went to sleep yourself. You dreamed of happy things that night.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Hyunseung gently woke you up. "~~~~~~~. Wake up." He had read a book early in the morning, and felt proud after teaching himself more words. It was hard, and he had to speak slowly, but he was learning fast.

It's kind of like riding a bicycle. He thought. You never forget how to speak. You just need practice.

"Wake up." He said. You finally opened your eyes and smiled sleepily at him.

"Good morning, Hyunseung." You yawned, then sat up. "You're up very......mmmmmm.....early." You stretched.

Hyunseung smiled at your cuteness and kissed your cheek. You blushed. "We will be late for school." He pointed out carefully.

You clapped your hands in delight. "You're really getting good, Hyunseung! I've always wanted to know what your voice sounds like! Your voice is just as beautiful as I imagined!"

He chuckled as you skipped off to get ready. She's so sweet. I can't believe we're together.

****************************************************************************************************************************************

Everyone in the school gasped when you and Hyunseung walked to school together holding hands.

"What is Hyunseung doing with the goody-goody?"

"Are they, like, a couple?"

"They're holding hands........"

"Are they dating?"

Hyuna strode forwards, her face a mask of shock. "Hyunseung oppa! What.....what....."

You pulled yourself closer to Hyunseung, and he put his arm around you.

"Hey, ~~~~~~." She hissed. "You know it's all a lie, right? Hyunseung oppa doesn't love you, he loves me. He proved it when we kissed yesterday."

Hyunseung looked her in the eye. "You are wrong."

There was a huge gasp, and the entire student body fell absolutely silent. They stared at him in shock.

"You are wrong." He repeated. "I do not love you. I love ~~~~~~."

Hyuna was so shocked she couldn't do anything but open and close at first. Then she managed a shaky sneer. "What? You can speak? S-so, the stupid goody-goody loser is your GIRLFRIEND now?"

"Yes." Hyunseung said, pulling you into the school with him.

"Did you see the look on Hyuna's face?" You giggled. "Thank you for sticking up for me, Hyunseung."

He smiled at you. "I love you."

You giggled again, and reached up to peck his lips. "I love you too. So......am I your girlfriend now? Like....are we....a....." you blushed. "A....a couple?"

He smiled, and bent down to kiss your lips in answer. You turned dark red and looked slightly dizzy from the kiss. He laughed.

"We are and always will be." He promised, carefully saying each word to make it clear. Just in case you couldn't understand, he kissed your lips once more.