Knight in Shining Armor

Find My Voice

You squealed and tugged on Hyunseung's hand. "HYUNSEUNG! HYUNSEUNG! LOOK! IT'S A ROLLER COASTER! A ROLLER COASTER!"

Hyunseung chuckled as you jumped up and down in excitement.

"I've never seen one in real life before! It's sooooo biiiiiiiggggg!!!!" You giggled happily. "Can we ride on it? Please please please?"

"Are you sure?" He asked, instantly worried. You probably didn't know how scary roller coasters were......but.........

"Pllleeeeaaaase, Hyunseung?" You pouted, staring up at him. He hesitated. He didn't exactly love roller coasters himself, and he didn't want to traumatize you on your first ride in an amusement park.

"Please?" You said in a smaller voice.

He face-palmed himself. Darn it, she's just too cute.

"Okay." He sighed.

You squealed happily and scrambled to the roller coaster.

You were smiling in delight when the roller coaster started to move, but the higher up it slowly climbed, the more your smile dropped.

"This......." you swallowed. "This......is a bit high......"

It got to the very top and hung there for a few moments.

"This is too high......too high.......TOO HIGH!!!" You whimpered, clutching at Hyunseung's sleeve.

"~~~~~~.......are you afraid of heights?" Hyunseung asked slowly in shock.

You whimpered again, tears in your eyes. The roller coaster tipped slightly, and everyone screamed.

AAAAARGH, I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU GOT ON A ROLLER COASTER, ~~~~~~~! Hyunseung yelled to himself frantically. He couldn't stop the roller coaster or go back, you will have to deal with it.

"Come here." He said desperately, folding you into his arms. You immediately felt safe and warm. What was the big deal about roller coasters anyway, now that you were in his arms? It wasn't that scary..........

"Close your eyes." He ordered, and you obeyed. You felt your gravity change and your stomach drop as the roller coaster hurtled down to the ground. People screamed all around you, and you did too, your hair flying around your face.

The roller coaster dropped and slowly started to climb back up again.

"It's not so scary with your eyes closed." You whispered.

"Try to open them." Hyunseung suggested.

You opened your eyes, gasping between your teeth slightly. You were very high off the ground. But you felt calmer with Hyunseung's arms around you.

The coaster dropped down again, and you screamed with everyone else. But you weren't scared.

"This is kind of fun." You said, laughing.

Hyunseung smiled, glad you were having a good time now.

After the roller coaster ride, people stumbled off looking slightly green. Your legs wobbled a bit, but Hyunseung supported you. He was the only one who didn't seem affected by the ride.

"Let's go on something less scary, like the...........MERRY GO ROUND!" You pointed. Hyunseung laughed and walked over there with you.

"Which one?" He asked, gesturing to the horses.

"THAT ONE!" You ran towards a pearly white horse with a pink mane and tail. Her big blue eyes gazed at you. "She's so beautiful!"

Hyunseung chuckled and helped you up, before sitting on it with you. You giggled and blushed when he wrapped his arms around your waist so he wouldn't fall off.

Next was the haunted house (Hyunseung tried to talk you out of it, but you refused---big mistake), and cotton candy. You went into a photo booth and took cute and funny pictures with him. At the last picture, you wrapped your arms around him and kissed his cheek. His expression was pretty funny -- halfway between shocked and delighted.

Lastly was the ferris wheel.

"This is high up too, but it's okay because we're in this." You said happily, staring out the window. You hated heights, but you loved the views. It was a mixed feeling.

Hyunseung smiled at you. You were so cute, staring at everything in wonder as though you were a little kid.

Quietly, he took your hand.

You stopped looking out the window and blushed. "Hyunseung........"

"Yes?" He asked.

You smiled sweetly at him. "You know I love you, right?"

Hyunseung laughed and took your face in his hands. He pulled you towards his face and kissed you softly. You felt yourself turn redder than a cherry. Your faces were so close together your cheeks brushed against one another's.

Hyunseung pulled away, and you pouted, feeling slightly disappointed. He winked at you. Why did he stop?

A few seconds later, the carriage jerked to a stop and the doors opened.

Oh. You felt your cheeks turn hot. Hyunseung chuckled. You realized that the two of you were seconds away from the door opening and the crowd waiting in line would see you kissing. Thank goodness Hyunseung pulled away in time.

Hyunseung took your hand and led you away.

"Do you want to eat something?" He asked carefully.

You laughed. "ICE CREAM!"

He smiled. "I thought so. Wait here, okay?" He went to the line-up.

You waited at the corner patiently, smiling to yourself.

Suddenly, you noticed a group of college boys, maybe about two or three of them, leering at you. You felt uncomfortable and looked away.

A few moments later, you felt a hand on your shoulder. "Hey, what's up?" One of the boys said cheerfully, winking at you.

You wriggled out of his grip. "N-nothing."

"Nothing? A cute girl like you shouldn't be doing 'nothing'. Why not hang out with us, beautiful?" Another boy said.

You frantically shook your head and stepped back. "I'm waiting for my BOYFRIEND." You said firmly.

"Your boyfriend?" The boy's eyebrows furrowed, then he smiled again. "Well, that's okay. Your boyfriend isn't here right now, is he? It wouldn't hurt to come hang out with US for a few minutes......"

He grabbed your wrist. "Yah, let go!" You yelled, trying to pull away. They just laughed and pulled you back towards them.

With all the noise and crowds, no one noticed you and the jerks.

Suddenly, you felt the weight gone on your wrist. You smiled in relief. Hyunseung.

Hyunseung had kicked the boy right in the gut, sending him flying. He was holding two ice creams, one in each hand.

"Leave my girlfriend alone, please." He said politely.

"Son of a ....." The guys growled.

"You started it." Hyunseung said calmly. "If you do not want to end up as your friend there, then go away."

Giving him dirty looks, they muttered "Come on" and stalked away.

Hyunseung turned to you, his face filled with disappointment and worry. "I am so sorry....did they hurt you?" He asked, his heart sinking. Ugh, I should have known! ~~~~~~ is so cute, of course any guy would go after her if she was alone! I should have taken her with me! I'm so stupid! I totally ruined this date!

You smiled and took the strawberry ice cream cone. "I'm fine. Thank you so much for saving me, Hyunseung! You're like a knight in shining armor, always there to rescue me!" You giggled. "I guess I fit the 'damsel in distress' part perfectly. You're Prince Jang!"

Hyunseung smiled hesitantly. "You aren't.....mad?"

You blinked. "Mad? Why would I be mad?"

"This is our first date......and I......." He mumbled in shame.

You laughed at him and tapped his nose. "You didn't do anything, Hyunseung. This date isn't ruined at all. Actually, it's the best date I've ever been to. Well, it's the ONLY date I've ever been to, but I bet any other date we will go to won't compare."

Hyunseung felt a bubbly, fizzy feeling. He felt lightheaded and happy. Any other date we will go to......

That's right. We have the next date. And the next. And the next.

"As many as we want." Hyunseung whispered.

"Did you say something?" You asked curiously, your ice cream.

He shook his head, smiling. "No."

The two of you walked home, eating your ice cream and holding hands.

*************************************************************************************************************************

WAAAAAAAAAAAH! Knight in shining armor!

PRINCE JANG! LOL

That's his actual nickname, which is absolutely hilarious.........coolest nickname eva!