The Growing Distance

The Black Phoenix

 

o=o=o

 

“Jiyong. . .?” she called in a flirty tone.

 

Jiyong, who was lying on his stomach, peered at her through one eye. “You’re not thinking of dirty thoughts again, are you?”

 

Dara laughed while her index finger went on tracing the scars at his back. “Let’s play a word game”

 

He buried his face in the comforts of his pillows and gave a groan.

 

“Come on, it’d be fun!”

 

“I’m not in the mood” he grunted.

 

“Aww, come on! Don’t be such a spoilsport” she wailed.

 

“Games are for children only” he murmured lazily.

 

“That’s not true!”

 

“Yes it is”

 

“It isn’t!” she claimed. “Pancake, come on!”

 

Jiyong growled. “I want to sleep. You didn’t let me sleep last night ‘til the early morn”

 

“Aish! Stop being lazy” she whined.

 

“Stop being stubborn either” he returned.

 

Dara pouted but since Jiyong had his head buried in his pillow, he didn’t see it. With a knowing look, Dara decided to change her tactics. Leaning forward, she nipped on his earlobe and whispered, “Please?”

 

“That tactic of yours won’t work on me anymore” he snorted.

 

“Are you a mind reader now?!”

 

“I don’t have to be a mind reader to know what’s going on inside that small brain of yours” he chuckled.

 

“Jiyong!” she childishly whined, shaking his body back and forth.

 

His arm suddenly came out of nowhere as he settled on his side. He gathered her in his arms and kissed her forehead. He then pulled the blanket up to their shoulders as his other hand rubbed up and down her bare and smooth back. “Don’t be such a baby”

 

“What’s my favorite color?” she suddenly asked.

 

“That’s really stupid” he then said after a long silence.

 

“No, it’s not” she protested once again. “I want to know how much you know me. So tell me, what’s my favorite color?”

 

He rolled his eyes. “You’re seriously asking me that?” he scoffed. “Dara, this is really stupid and dumb”

 

“Just go with it” she insisted.

 

“Fine” he snapped, rolling his eyes again. “It’s pink”

 

“Correct!” she cheered. “Okay, what do I love to eat the most?”

 

“Pancakes” he said, then added with a grin, “and my lips”

 

“Right again!” she smiled, looking rather smug. “You’re really very good”

 

“You’ve got to be ing kidding me”

 

“Ya! No swearing! Aish”

 

“This is really stupid. I’m out. It’s boring”

 

“No, it’s not” she stubbornly said. “Anyways, what’s the happiest moment in my life?”

 

“Dara” he wearily sighed.

 

“Okay, okay. That’d be my last question IF you answer it”

 

Jiyong paused. “Err, you’re happiest moment would be. . . when you’re pissing me off?”

 

Dara grimaced at her. “That’s not it” she said almost angrily. “The happiest moment in my life was when you said you love me. And just so you know, I love you so much”

 

Silence filled the room. Then, he took her hand and rested it on his scarred chest, letting her feel the strong pounding of his heart. And she knew that Jiyong silently responded to her words. Tears started to well up in her eyes and they just went down uncontrollably.  She was about to wipe her tears away but he stopped her. He rested her hand back on his chest as he leaned forward to kiss her tears away. He put one hand on her nape and leaned his forehead against hers.

 

“I must be out of my mind. . . .” he mumbled with a chuckle.

 

“Pancake” she sniffed.

 

“Don’t go too emotional on me” he suddenly changed mood. “It isn’t a big deal”

 

“It is” she declared.

 

I’d really appreciate it if you don’t go too emotional” he said. “It’s disgusting”

 

“I don’t believe you see it that way”

 

He chuckled then bit his lower lip. Unable to stop herself, Dara reached for his lips. The kiss was slow and sweet, making her heart flutter. When he broke the kiss, she could only smile and close her eyes while snuggling close to him. Silence stretched between them, his heartbeat seemed enough for her.

 

“Jiyong?”

 

“Mmm?”

 

“I want to have a part-time job”

 

“No” he said with so much authority.

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because I said so”

 

“Aish! You’re really being difficult” she complained.

 

“No, I’m not” he argued.

 

“Then why won’t you allow me?” she asked. “I want to contribute to the expenses we-”

 

“I’m not requiring you to contribute anything, Dara” he growled.

 

“But I don’t want your mother to think that I’m-”

 

“Dara, just let me shoulder all the expenses, okay?” he cut off.

 

Dara sighed. Those were just her made up reasons. She can’t really tell him why she needed money. She’s 100% certain he’d go berserk if she told him the truth. “But I want to earn money, too” she said.

 

“If you want anything, just tell me”

 

She pouted. “If you don’t want me to have a part-time job, fine! At least allow me to audition for the choir”

 

“No”

 

“Why not again?” she whined.

 

“Because I said so” he said. “You can join other clubs but not the choir”

 

“But why?”

 

“You can’t sing”

 

“Ya!” she burst out. “I CAN SING. And you’re supposed to support me!”

 

“Sandara Park, you are so conceited” he said, feigning a stern look. But then, he smiled.

 

“KYAA!” she exclaimed. “Omo! It’s that smile again. Waah, I think I’m going to have a heart attack! Gah! Don’t you ever smile like that to other girls, okay? Or else, I’ll-”

 

The rest of her words were drowned as his lips covered hers. “You’re such a baby” he said, nipping on her lower lip.

 

“I’m only like this with you” she confessed.

 

“And why is that, hmm?” he murmured.

 

“I don’t know. Maybe I just want to be cute” she laughed lightly. “And of course, babies usually needs cuddling and stuff”

 

“Good point” he said, fanning air into her partially opened mouth. The taste and smell of his breath was so intoxicating that it clouded her mind. With a desperate groan, she leaned forward and crushed her lips on his. Jiyong welcomed and responded to her aggression. Wrapping his arms around her waist, he pulled her on top of him.

 

o=o=o

 

“Get dressed” Jiyong told Dara.

 

“Why?”

 

“We’re going to the airport”

 

“Why?”

 

“CL’s leaving for Canada”

 

“She’s leaving?! But why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

 

“It slipped my mind. And besides, she just made the decisions two days ago though I wasn’t really planning to see her off. It’s not my kind of scene”

 

“Aish! But you should have at least informed me that she has plans of leaving. Wait, I’ll get dressed as quickly as I can”

 

- - -

 

“Why didn’t you inform me about this?” Dara asked CL.

 

“Sorry” she said. “It was a last minute decision”

 

“But you won’t be residing there forever, right?” Dara went on.

 

“Of course not” CL smiled.

 

“Oh well. . . I’ll miss you” she said, hugging the other girl.

 

“Why not?” Seungri finally joined in. “Don’t you think it’d be better if you’ll just stay there?”

 

“Seungri!” Bom and Youngbae chorused in warning as they hugged and bid farewell to CL.

 

“Don’t worry” CL smirked. “I won’t inform you when I decide to come back so we don’t have to see each other’s faces”

 

“Good”

 

Silence followed as CL and Seungri eyed each other. Seungri was obviously angry while the girl looked pissed. . . and hurt. When Jiyong noticed Seungri’s face started to change, he cleared his throat.

 

“Take care of yourself” Jiyong said.

 

“I will” she smiled, taking her eyes away from Seungri. “You guys take care, too”

 

“I’ll miss you” Bom sobbed.

 

“I’ll miss you, too” CL returned and hugged Bom again.

 

“Ya! Why am I not included?” Dara protested, making Bom and CL chuckle lightly. The three of them then hugged, wishing each other well.

 

After they broke up, Youngbae went to hug CL for the second time. Seeing this, Dara elbowed Jiyong and told him to do the same. But her boyfriend only grimaced at her.

 

“It’s okay, Dara” CL chuckled lightly. “I know how Jiyong is. Anyways, I have to go” she tightly smiled and bent down to pick her things up.

 

“Chaerin” Seungri softly called, making her go all stiff.

 

“Youngbae, I feel kind of tired” Bom suddenly said, rubbing her hand on her rounded bump. “Can we find somewhere to sit?”

 

“Of course” Youngbae mumbled.

 

“Pancake!” Dara cheerfully said after. “Why don’t we take a tour in the comfort room, oh I mean, around the airport, eh?”

 

“A tour around the airport?” Jiyong repeated. “This isn’t a tourist spot, Dara”

 

“We WILL tour around the airport” she said, widening her eyes at him. She hooked her hand on his arm and started pulling him away from CL and Seungri. To her surprise, Jiyong took hold of her hand and laced his fingers with hers. As far as she can remember, HE strictly forbids PDAs. But who was she to question him? Walking away from their friends, she can’t help but look back at CL and Seungri.

 

“Dara, you’re being too obvious” Jiyong puffed. “Don’t you know the word privacy? You’re being too nosy” he finished when he noticed his girlfriend kept on glancing back at the two.

 

“I’m just worried” she reasoned out.

 

“Just admit that you’re being too nosy” he chuckled.

 

“I’m not!”

 

“Yes, you are”

 

“Aish, how could you say that?”

 

As Dara and Jiyong bickered away, CL and Seungri were having the opposite situation. Minutes passed between them but they remained silent. Thinking that he wasn’t going to speak up, CL sighed and started to turn around.

 

“Do you really have to go?” Seungri finally spoke.

 

“Why? Would you rather I’ll stay?” she sarcastically asked. “What for? So you could have someone to mock and make fun of?”

 

The guy kept his silence.

 

“Now, if you’ll excuse me” she said. “I need to go”

 

“Time and time again, you keep on rejecting me” he scoffed. “I don’t learn, do I? But I guess this would be the last”

 

“This better bet he last” she returned coolly. “’Coz I’m pretty tired of your lies and games”

 

CL turned away and started walking. As she did, she let the tears she’s been holding back fall freely. Little did she know, she’s not the only person weeping at the moment.

 

------

*banner by strong-bby...

 

sorry, there won't be comment replies today.. err, i'll just post another chap.. double updates!! hehe..

aigoo, really sorry. Photobucket