The Dirty Game

The Black Phoenix
o=o=o
 
DARA’S POV
 
“Hello!” I greeted my new friends.
 
“Are you really that loud?” Minzy came.
 
“It’s a beautiful day, isn’t it?” I beamed at her. “Oh, where’s TOP?” I turned to Daesung.
 
“No idea” he shrugged.
 
“I’ve been meaning to ask” I began. “What’s TOP’s real name?”
 
The sibling shared a look. “That’s not a safe topic to discuss”
 
“Why is that?” I asked, taking a bite on my clubhouse sandwich.
 
“Never ask him that question. It’s already bad that the professors here call him by his real name”
 
“Why not?” I went on.
 
“If you value your life, you’d listen to me”
 
I frowned. Somehow, Minzy’s words reminded me of how everyone back at the Valley treated and talked about Jiyong’s supposed cruelty. “TOP might look like someone who’s capable of hurting others but I don’t believe he’d really hurt someone” I said. Ugh, I can’t believe I’m defending TOP from his own friends.
 
“If that’s what you want to believe” she shrugged.
 
“TOP’s a good guy” I firmly declared. He is, right?
 
“Did someone just say my name?” TOP’s voice came. He took a seat beside me and grabbed a bit on the sandwich I’m holding.
 
“Ya!” I protested. “This is my food! Go get yourself your own sandwich!”
 
“You’re so selfish” he scoffed. “It was just a bite”
 
“But it’s not right to do that without asking for permission first” I wisely told him. Whew, I feel intelligent. Hehe.
 
“Oh, so you’re saying if I ask for permission, you’d let me take a bite?”
 
“If you ask nicely, that is” I went on.
 
“Ahm, I think I need to go to the comfort room” Daesung mumbled. Minzy mumbled something incoherently too before leaving with her brother.
 
“If I ask nicely?” TOP confirmed.
 
“Yes” I nodded with pursed lips.
 
“Hmn” he thoughtfully hummed, tapping his slim index finger on his chin while looking far ahead. After a second or two, he glanced back at me, his deep and sharp eyes gleaming darkly.
 
“Ya! What’s with that look?”
 
“Ask nicely. Mmm, like this?” he asked then cleared his throat. My eyes widened the moment he pouted and batted his eyelashes at me. “Sandara,c an you PLEASE share your oh-so delicious sandwich with me?”
 
“Oh. My. God!” I exclaimed as I gaped at him with opened mouth. And then, I burst out laughing so loud that I think the whole campus heard me. “BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”
 
I clutched my tummy and went on laughing like a madman. I was beating my other hand on the table loudly and I bet everyone’s staring at me now. But I didn’t mind. That was just so. . . so unexpectedly cute! I swear! The look on his face was priceless! Oh-mai-gawd! I can’t believe he can pull off an expression like. Gah, it was epic!
 
It took me SOME time to calm my monstrous laugh into a fit of giggles. By that time, everyone else’s attention was back to their previous state. I wiped my eyes as tears welled up there due from too much laughing. I tried my very best to look at TOP’s face without bursting into another round of laughter.
 
“I must say, for someone so little, you can be really LOUD” he scoffed.
 
“I can’t. . . believe you did that” I chuckled uncontrollably. “Aigoo! Here, I’ll give you my sandwich for making me laugh like that”
 
“I said I just wanted to take a bite”
 
“No, it’s yours” I told him, still giggling crazily. “Call me Dara by the way. Sandara’s too long. And besides, I’m not used to it”
 
“Sandara’s a pretty name” he shrugged, taking my sandwich. “I think it sounds prettier than Dara”
 
My eyes narrowed. “If you wanted to have a free lunch, you could have just said so. You don’t have to coat your words with sweetness. And I insist, I preferred to be called Dara”
 
“If you insist” he shrugged, taking his third bite on the sandwich.
 
I clicked my tongue and stood up. “Wait here. I’ll just go buy you a drink. I’ll buy another sandwich for myself, too. You’re not the only hungry person here, you know”
 
 
 
TOP’S POV
 
Sandara, or should I saw DARA, rose up from her chair and went to the counter. I smirked. That went smoothly than I expected. Huh, I think I just gained some points. I took a bite on the sandwich and watched her return to our table. The girl’s pretty oblivious, obviously. I wonder how she’d react if she knew what’s inside my mind right now. Huh, that would be a sight to see, for sure.
 
“Here” she smiled as he handed me a bottle of soda. “So, I was wonderi-”
 
“TOP” a female voice interrupted. I looked up and saw the choir’s president giving me a stern look. “Choir practice later, don’t forget”
 
“I know” I growled.
 
“Good” she nodded then gave Dara a quick glance, who by the way, smiled widely at the ever hot-tempered president. “See you later then” the president turned to me with a grimace.
 
“You’re a choir member?” the girl asked in disbelief, her eyes as wide as the UFOs. Okay, I’m just exaggerating a bit. Hmm, I was kind of expecting a disappointed look. Most girls find it off for me to be a member of a choir. But this one, she looked amazed and. . . cynical.
 
“Unbelievable, huh?”
 
“Totally!” she agreed. “So. . . you sing?”
 
“Of course I sing. That’s what being a choir member is”
 
Out of nowhere, she started laughing again but not as loud as a while ago. “Seriously?” she asked. “You. . . . sing?”
 
“Oh no, as a coir member, I PAINT”
 
“Sorry” she chuckled now. “It’s just so. . . unusual, especially for someone like you”
 
“I’m not doing it because I LIKE it”
 
“Then why are you doing it?”
 
“Because of money” I shrugged.
 
“Money? They pay you to sing? That’s. . . unusual”
 
“Well, this isn’t really an ordinary school, is it?”
 
“What does that mean?”
 
“Why don’t you ask your boyfriend?”
 
“Jiyong?”
 
“Why, do you have other boyfriends?”
 
“Ya! I’m not that kind of girl!”
 
“I know that” I rolled my eyes. “I was joking”
 
“Why don’t you just tell me instead?”
 
I shrugged. “I’m not in the mood. And besides, he knows the details more than I do”
 
I saw the look of disappointment in her face. Her boyfriend obviously doesn’t share everything with her. I guess this is another point for me. I know I’m not playing a clean game but is there ever a rule in this kind of game? None, right?
 
“What’s with the face?” I went on. “Am I right in thinking that your boyfriend’s not the type who tells you everything?”
 
She didn’t say anything. Silence means yes. Whew, another point for TOP.
 
“He’s a secretive type, then” I continued and took a sip from the soda she bought for me. “Surely, he’ll tell you if you ask him?”
 
“Is the choir opened for auditions?” she evaded, eyes brightly wide opened.
 
I didn’t answer at once. “Yes” I finally answered, my eyes narrowing.
 
“So, how much money do you earn?”
 
“Depends” I shrugged.
 
“Hmm” she thoughtfully mumbled. “I think I’ll give it a try”
 
“You sing too, huh?”
 
“Duh! Would I have the courage to audition if I don’t?”
 
“Let me hear your voice then?”
 
“Here?!”
 
“Yes, here”
 
“You’re joking!” I gasped.
 
“No, I’m not” I told her.
 
“But. . . but there are a lot of people here!” she whispered pointedly.
 
“So?” I asked with raised brows.
 
“Fine!” she snapped and cleared . She took a deep breath first before opening . The moment she hit the first note of whatever song she had in mind, I quickly shoved my unfinished sandwich into , making her choke a little.
 
Her voice – I can’t even describe it. It wasn’t that awful but. . . it should have turned me off but surprisingly, it didn’t. “Don’t audition” I told her. “You’ll only embarrass yourself”
 
“YA!” she angrily protested after taking the sandwich from . “That was really unnecessary! You’re being a jerk!”
 
“At least I can sing” I retorted.
 
“Oh yeah?” she came, sounding pissed. “Let me hear your voice, then”
 
“Not a chance” I smirked. “Unless you pay me, of course”
 
“Never mind” she grimaced. “I’m sure you sound awful. And besides, I don’t want to waste money”
 
My brows knitted upon seeing the look on her face. “Are you having money problems?”
 
She blushed. My frown deepened. If she’s having money problems, she shouldn’t have enrolled in this school.
 
“If you’re having money problems, you shouldn’t have transferred in this school, of all places!”
 
“Why not?” she demanded. “It’s not like WE need to pay for some fees. As far as  I know, the education provided here is for FREE”
 
FREE? Seriously?! Obviously, she’s been lied to or her boyfriend forgot to mention it. “Why don’t you tell your boyfriend about your problem?”
 
She pouted. “I’m not REALLY having money problems, okay?”
 
“Why don’t you try looking for a part time job?” I suggested.
 
“I’ll have to ask Jiyong first, if ever”
 
“Do you really have to ask his. . . PERMISSION all the time?”
 
“That’s how a relationship works” she knowingly said.
 
“Why, does he ask your permission first in EVERYTHING he does?”
 
A frown marred her forehead. Should I add another point to myself?
 
“O-of course he does”
 
“Really?” I cynically asked.
 
Her eyes suddenly narrowed. “Why are you so interested with Jiyong? are you going gay over him?” she bluntly asked.
 
GOING WHAT?!?!
 
The girl must be out of her mind! She might have taken my silence as a YES because her face turned pitiful.
 
“That’s okay” she cooed, tapping her hand on my shoulder. “You don’t have to be shy about it. I actually preferred it if you’re his admirer than those girls because I’m sure Jiyong won’t err, I’m sorry to say this but he won’t really take interest in you. He’s straight, you know”
 
o=o=o
 
AUTHOR’S POV
 
Seungri was about to enter the living area when he heard voices in serious tones talking. Since he was naturally nosy, he paused and listened.
 
“So what do you think?” he heard CL asked. “Should I go?”
 
“It’s a rare opportunity” Bom answered. “You should grab it”
 
“You think I should?”
 
“Why are you hesitating? Didn’t you want to go to college?”
 
“I DO want to go to college” CL claimed.
 
“Then what’s with the hesitation? Your aunt’s offer is pretty generous. I’m pretty sure there are a lot to choose from in Canada”
 
“I know” CL sighed. “Being able to go to college is a big thing already and being able to study in Canada is another thing. . . .”
 
“But?” Bom urged on.
 
“I don’t really have a problem” CL then chuckled. “It’s a rare opportunity after all.
 
Silence.
 
“Lee Chaerin” Bom slowly said. “You can listen to my opinion but you don’t have to follow it. You decided for yourself”
 
“It seemed the right and reasonable thing to do” CL mumbled. “And besides, I wanted this ever since. . . I was born, I think” she jokingly added.
 
“It’s Seungri, isn’t it?” Bom quietly asked. “He’s stopping you from leaving”
 
Seungri’s heart stilled.
 
“What are you talking about?” the other girl returned, sounding a bit distressed. “He hasn’t talked to me for days. How will he stop-?”
 
“That’s not what I meant, CL” Bom patiently cut off. “What I’m trying to say is that he’s the reason why you’re hesitating to leave. You’ll miss him, won’t you?”
 
“Of course not!” CL scoffed. “How could you think he’s the reason? Why would I exchange the rare opportunity to study in Canada with someone like him? He means nothing to me!”
 
Seungri’s head bowed, a bittersweet smile curving his lips. He heaved a deep sigh before pulling up a grin on his face. “Did I just here the words ‘study’ and ‘Canada’ in one sentence from this room?” he barged in. “Who’s leaving?”
 
“Have you been eavesdropping?”
 
He rolled his eyes at CL. “I was on my way here when I heard those words. It’s not my fault if girls talk too loud, is it? So, who’s leaving?”
 
Silence.
 
“Err, hello?”
 
“CL” Bom finally answered.
 
“Oh really? When?” he asked, sounding bored.
 
“No specific date yet but pretty soon” Bom answered again.
 
To both girls’ surprise, Seungri pulled CL up for a tight hug. In a loud voice he said, “Ah, I’m so glad you’re leaving! I hope you won’t return anytime soon! It’ll be such a relief not to see your face around here anymore”
 
“Seungri!” Bom warned.
 
“Finally, I won’t be able to see your face soon!” he chuckled as he pulled away from the hug. “Anyways, see you around, Bom” Seungri waved off and without giving any of them a glance, he turned to leave. The moment he turned into the corner, his wide grin disappeared as his footsteps slowed down. He leaned one hand against the wall while the other went to clutch his aching chest.
 
Unknown to him, tears were falling rapidly down from CL’s eyes back in the living room.
 
“Oh CL, come here” Bom called.
 
Weakly, CL went to Bom’s arms. “I. . .” she sniffed. “I’m going to miss you and Youngbae. Oh, Jiyong and Dara too! That must be the reason why I’m crying. . . yes. . . . I’m. . . . going to. . . . miss. . . .”
 
“It’ll be okay” Bom assured her. “It’ll be okay”
 
“It’ll be okay” CL echoed through her tears.
 
----------------------
*Sorry if I'm this fic's taking a slow pace.. aigoo..
 
Ririn!!! lol
 
Sorry for the typos and grammar errors.... COMMENT REPLIES AT THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW
 
*banner by anonymoes
 
xoxo
hagocimit