The Extreme Ends

The Black Phoenix

 

*banner by wowthankyouimissyou
WARNING! This chapter is not for the fainthearted (LOL). Anyways, you can skip the first part and just read after the three dashes: - - -
----------
 
AUTHOR’S POV
 
Kevin was panting and sweating heavily as he droppe4d to his knees on the floor. But Jiyong was beyond reason already. Rage was boiling intensely inside him. He was like a volcano about to explode. Evne if hew as a few feet away from the guy who dared touch and hurt Dara, he was able to inflict pain. Kevin was once again lifted off the ground as an earth-splitting scream escaped him. Everything inside him was being twisted by a cold force. Having no control over his body anymore, he wasn’t able to do anything as what seemed to be an invisible hand made of steel twisted his neck that his head turned almost 360 degree around. His arms, wrists and fingers twisted and angled on different direction that he could only scream from the agony. As if those were not painful enough, his lower extremities were bended and stretched extremely that his joints and bones snapped.
 
Jiyong laughed, knowing how much pain Kevin was feeling. Oooh, he wanted to give him a sudden death but no, he’ll torture him first. There was something pleasant and euphoric at that thought that made him laughed harder. He then untwisted Kevin’s neck, turning his head to its former and normal place but then, he suddenly squeezed so much forced onto the latter’s arms that some of the bones there broke, too. Then he dropped him to the floor without warning, making Kevin grunt. A smile then curved his lips. “Look at you,” he sneered. “I haven’t even touched a strand of your hair but you’re already twisting and screaming in pain. How pathetic. What do you think will happen to you if I walk over there, hmm?”
 
Kevin was too consumed by pain to answer. But Jiyong wasn’t in the least bothered at his silence. Instead, he walked over to where the pushcart was and the broken large mirror. With a sly smirk, he turned his head to the side, willing the broken shards of mirror up in the air. He faced Kevin again with the sharp shards of mirror floating on midair behind him. His smile grew wider as he sent the shards of glass went flying to Kevin’s direction. As the shards of glass pierced Kevin’s skin, his eyes widened from shock as his breathing labored. Jiyong chuckled softly, wearing a dark almost evil-like amusement look on his face. He glanced around again and his eyes landed on the chains against the wall. The sight of the set of chains on the wall made him tremble from hatred and unexplained sorrow. He glanced back at Kevin and even without touching him; he lifted him up to the air and sent him to the wall. As the latter’s back hit the wall, some of the broken shards even went deeper into his body, making him gasp. His broken wrists and ankles were then chained. Since most of his bones were broken, he sluggishly and pathetically looked awkward against the wall since his bones weren’t holding him up properly.
 
Jiyong went to the pushcart and pushed it towards Kevin’s direction, taking his time. He had even time to hum a tune under his breath. He stopped just in front of him. “I take it you already know what I’m about to do?” he softly asked but despite the softness in his tone, there was something sinister in his voice that chilled Kevin’s bones. As another idea came to his mind, Jiyong threw his head back to bark a loud and delighted laughter.
 
He looked back at Kevin’s face, a different and deeper sense of darkness gleaming in his eyes. He stepped forward and drew out a shard of glass that was poking out of Kevin’s arm quite roughly that the latter wince. “First,” he whispered, “let me take your eyes out.”
 
Kevin’s eyes widened. “N-no. . .”
 
Jiyong paused. “No?” he gently asked, it was as if he was talking to a child. “Why not?”
 
“No. . . .” Kevin croaked. “I only did to Dara what do you did to Sulli!” he added in a hoarse whispered. As soon as he uttered Sulli’s name, the black and violet smoke-like surrounding Jiyong turned even darker. In a split of a second, his hand encircled around Kevin’s neck tightly.
 
“Don’t,” he gritted dangerously, “ever mention Dara’s name in the same sentence with that Sulli!”
 
“Sulli’s not a !” Kevin gritted back. “Dara is!”
 
Jiyong’s hand tightened around Kevin’s neck even more that the latter started turning blue. It looked as if he was going to take his life then and there. But then, his grip slackened. His hand dropped to the side as a menacing smile curved his lips. “Nice try Kevin,” he said. “You’re trying to anger me more so I’ll kill you at once. But no, that won’t do. I want you to suffer first.”
 
Without warning, he dug the shard of glass just under Kevin’s left eye, trying to fish his eyeball out. Kevin started writhing uncontrollably as an agonized cry tore from his mouth. Any person would have been moved or would have pitied him, but not Jiyong. Instead, he started chuckling, amused at his own idea of cruelty. And when he finally took the eyeball out, he want to the other and did the same. He laughed louder when he successfully took them out. He then threw both eyeballs to the floor and stepped on them until they were squashed.
 
Jiyong’s free hand went to Kevin’s mouth, prying it open. The latter was too weak to protest, making it easy for Jiyong to pull Kevin’s tongue out. As he did, he cut it off with the sharp shard of glass on his other hand. Blood spurted out of Kevin’s mouth but Jiyong didn’t give a damn about it. He threw the piece the of glad and a fair part of tongue away first before turning to the pushcart and set to work with the large black needle and nylon thread.
 
He started humming to the tune of Happy Birthday under his breath. He then held the black needle with the nylon thread up and started sewing close the empty hole where Kevin’s eyeball used to be. After that, he went to the other. After sewing them close, he went to sew his nostrils together. He stepped back a little and smiled at his work. But he wasn’t quite finished yet. With another smile, he stepped forward again and started sewing his mouth close. After that, he freed Kevin off the chains and let him drop forward to the floor. With the tip of his shoe, he turned Kevin’s body over. Jiyong then knelt down beside the terribly hurt guy. He balled his fist and was about to hit the latter’s face when he noticed the ring on the broken finger of his. He took it out and slid it to his own ring finger. He balled his fist tightly again and started raining down punches on the face in front of him. He went one and on and on – it was as if the word rest was nonexistent to him.
 
Jiyong’s fist turned red with Kevin’s blood but he still went on. He didn’t stop until the latter’s nose broke. He went on relentlessly until Kevin’s skull cracked, caved in and smashed to pieces. He still went on until the exposed brain was squashed into jelly. But he wasn’t quite done yet. He went on attacking the body until the ribs broke and punctured Kevin’s internal organs.
 
He only stopped until everything inside Kevin’s body was turned in and out.
 
- - -
 
Jiyong sat at once corner of the chamber. He had his head bowed as he listened to the quiet drip of blood from his bloodied hands to the floor. No, it wasn’t his blood. It was Kevin’s. He sighed. He wasn’t really sure how he went back to his normal self or if he even really lost control because he can still remember ever detail of what happened. Just when he thought the threat of Sulli on Dara’s life was over, Kevin happened. Even in death, Sulli proved to be a .
 
He was left a bit behind Seungri and Youngbae a while ago because he had to deal with TOP first. And when he arrived at the place, his immediately looked for Dara. And what he saw made him snap. He wanted to just kill Kevin at once for what he did but he changed his mind. Instead, he went for torture – for physical torture. Now that he think of it, he was not better than Sulli. He was half-aware or probably more than half aware of what he was doing a while ago and it gave him great pleasure for causing too much pain on Kevin. He was too consumed in torturing him that he didn’t have the wits to ask the guy how he’d known Sulli.
 
His jaw tightened at the memory of Sulli again. He felt disgusted. But mist of all, he felt disgusted with himself. He wouldn’t feel this way if it weren’t for Dara because spending time with her made his conscience active. On the other hand, Dara was also the reason why he snapped a while ago. He felt so. . . tainted that it made him wonder how she could stand saying how much she loves him. Shouldn’t she be disgusted with him? For who he is? And a part of him was beginning to wonder if Dara’s feelings him are really genuine. It was just too impossible for anyone to feel anything for a person who’s as heartless as him. He scoffed at himself for thinking such a word because at the word because at the moment, he hardly felt being a person, much less being a human.
 
He looked up then paused upon seeing Sohee staring down at what’s left of Kevin with disgust on her face. He was too immersed with his own thoughts that he didn’t hear or sense her arrived. Truth be told, he’s actually surprised Sohee’s here. In times like this one, it was Bom who always had the sense of talking to him.
 
As if sensing his gaze on her, Sohee glanced at him. he searched her face for any disapproval or disgust directed to him but he only saw weariness in her. With a sigh, she walked towards him and joined him on the floor.
 
“Seungri’s waiting outside,” she said.
 
“I didn’t hear you arrive,” he quietly said.
 
“You were preoccupied.”
 
Silence enveloped them.
 
“What are you doing here anyways?” he asked.
 
“Bom had this weird idea that I should come and talk to you,” she chuckled. “She’s pretty busy at the moment, stressed out actually so she sent me instead. You know how pregnant women are, they’re a bit sensitive and emotional. I could tell she was on the verge of hysteria when she saw Dara. . .” she trailed as Jiyong’s whole body tensed. “She’ll survive,” she went on. “Well, at least that’s what Bom screamed at TOP. She said Dara went through worst than that.”
 
“That guy’s still there?”
 
“Yeah,” Sohee chuckled. “He’s actually getting into Bom’s nerves. You see, he doesn’t trust Bom’s skills and knowledge on healing and stuff and he was pretty eager on just bringing Dara to the hospital or to THEM in-”
 
“No,” he said with finality.
 
“That’s what exactly all of us said. He was being a pain in the , to be honest. I’ve never seen Bom looked so murderous before.”
 
“Serve him right.”
 
“And I’ve never seen TOP that worried for anyone either.”
 
Jiyong was robbed out of words. It seemed forever when he finally found his voice. “I hate that guy!”
 
“He doesn’t like you either,” Sohee chuckled. She glanced at him and silently inspected his face. “I’m surprised with you,” she said.
 
“I wonder how many times I’ve heard that line from you before,” he said with a scoff and a shake of his head.
 
Sohee smiled, feeling satisfied for making him scoff especially in the current mood he’s in. “Seriously, I really thought you’d go flying to the arena – to Bom’s place – to reprimand Top and personally checked on Dara.”
 
“Bom forbids anyone to enter the room when she’s healing her patient.”
 
“I know,” she answered. “TOP insisted on witnessing how Bom would do it firsthand but she didn’t allow it. But that’s TOP. Surely, you have more right and power to be with Dara right now?”
 
He shook his head. “I can’t do that yet,” he said. “I might just. . . snap and end up hurting everyone around me.”
 
Sohee hesitated for a moment but then, she never really held back any thoughts from Jiyong, except probably the part where she likes him and that she’s helplessly falling in love with him. “Just like what you did to Kevin?” she softly asked.
 
“It’s really funny,” he said, smiling grimly. “When a shadow’s having a dark attack, he’s supposed to lose control, to just go for the kill, to become unaware of his surroundings or what he’s doing. A shadow usually turns weak after an attack and forgets what happened. But when I calmed down, and I have no idea how that happened, I can still remember every ing damned second of what I did to Kevin. And while I was doing it, I was even half aware of what’s happening. And I liked every second of it, gloried in it.”
 
Sohee sighed. “I find it quite. . . amazing how Dara could out you on extreme ends. She could make you lose control like a wild beast but she can also tame you beyond gentleness.”
 
“I can’t be the same person,” he said.
 
“It’s just a matter of choice Jiyong,” she said. “It’s always a matter of choosing what you want.”
 
“I don’t know what I want anymore,” he confessed.
 
o=o=o
 
DARA’S POV
 
I feel like I’ve been underwater for a long time. I wanted to free out of it but it was as if something was holding me back. But I don’t really like feeling like I’m drowning so I forced myself to swim back to the surface. I took a deep breath as soon as I resurfaced but I didn’t dare open my eyes yet, it was as if something inside me was afraid to let them open. I mentally scoffed at myself. I’m being stupid again. With a sigh, I slowly opened my eyes. A familiar ceiling greeted me. I just stared at it, feeling like I ought to remember something. As if answering my thought, an image of Jiyong popped into my mind.
 
“Jiyong!” I gasped, getting alert now.
 
“Shouldn’t you ask for water first?” a lazy deep voice drawled. My head snapped sharply to the side, making me dizzy a bit. I squeezed my eyes closed and waited for the dizziness to subside. “Are you alright?” he asked worriedly. I held my hand at him, silently telling him to give me a little time.
 
I took a deep breath after a while and opened my eyes. “Where’s Jiyong?”
 
“He’s in the other room, resting,” he answered and it didn’t escape my notice how he sounded so bitter and sarcastic.
 
“Did something bad happen to him? Did-” I rushed in panic.
 
“He’s fine,” he grimaced. “I told you, he’s RESTING.”
 
I searched his face for any signs of falseness but he just looked. . . disappointed or something. “What are you doing here, anyways?”
 
“Sohee asked my help to bring her here since your friends left her at Kevin’s place when-”
 
“Kevin!” I gasped, mind reeling. Images of what happened in the chamber flashed into my mind. I started hyperventilating. “Kevin-”
 
“- is dead.”
 
I looked at him. I felt relieved but only for a moment. “I need to see Jiyong.”
 
“Dara, you need rest, too. I’ll call Bom to-”
 
The door opened. We both looked to see who it was. I frowned at TOP as I heard him mumble something like “speaking of the devil.”
 
“Bom!” I called at once. “Where’s Jiyong? I want to see him.”
 
“I’m glad to see you’re up. I’ve been thinking if you won’t wake up anymore. You’ve been knocked out for a week,” she casually said, as if she found the topic quite boring then, she gave TOP a scathing look. “Although I remember informing everyone to call me once you’re conscious and it seemed like someone didn’t pay attention to what I said.”
 
“Bom, I-”
 
“Jiyong’s resting,” she interjected.
 
“He stayed up all week watching over me, didn’t he?” I conclude. I didn’t find anything funny with what I said so I was a bit surprised when TOP chuckled. “What’s funny?”
 
“You’re persistency on believing the goodness in Jiyong amazes me,” he said.
 
“She has a good reason to believe that!” Bom snapped. “Now, get out of the room before I wipe that smirk off your face.”
 
TOP turned to me. “I’m sorry if I have to shorten our sweet reunion, spoof. But I’ll talk to you later,” he promised then leaned forward to plant a kiss on my forehead.
 
My heart jumped a little as heat crawled to my cheeks. When he left the room, I fixed my eyes on everything around me except Bom. I don’t know why but I was scared to look at her. The room was so silent that it only adds to the uneasiness I’m feeling. Unable to take it any longer, I decided to break the ilence. “J-jiyong did watch over me, didn’t he?”
 
“Of course he did,” Bom said. I smiled and sighed in relief. I tried to imagine my pancake sitting on a chair beside my bed, holding my hand and whispering soft, encouraging and comforting words into my ear. The absurdity of the scene almost made me laugh. “Actually, he did MORE than that.”
 
“What do you- what’s with that look?” I asked as I saw the odd look Bom’s giving me.
 
She just stared at me. Then, she shook her head. “I’m not the one sick here,” she snapped. “So let’s not talk about how I look at you. And I’m also surprised that you first wondered where Jiyong is when you’re supposed to think of what happened to Kevin or if you look okay now or-”
 
“H-how do I look?” I gasped, suddenly coming to the realization of what REALLY happened in the chamber.
 
 
----------------------
This story got featured, THANKS TO YOU GUYS!
Comment replies posted on your walls, however, I'm afraid I won't be able to reply to the wall posts for today but I'll reply to them next time!! Hehehe..
And oh, new banners were made up for this fic! Check them out!
 
by bcullen:
(10-29) The Black Phoenix by bcullen
 
by domoluvs:
(10-30) The Black Phoenix by domoluvs
 
AGAIN, THANK YOU SO MUCH! LOVE Y'ALL!!
 
xoxo
hagocimit