The Other Version

The Black Phoenix

 

*banner by mbie07
 
Don't you think the lyrics of this song suit this story?
 
----
 
 
 
DARA’S POV
 
I woke up feeling. . . empty. The moment I opened my eyes, the first thought that went to my mind was what I’ve learned yesterday. What am I supposed to do now? I went here to work, to busy myself and to earn money. But how am I going to do that if I’ve just learned that the parents I loved were not my real parents? How am I going to work in the boutique knowing that my real mother’s there – a phoenix and that she could never turn back to her human form because of me. If she didn’t die giving birth to me, she would still be a human right now. What if that happens to me? What if I die? I’d turn into a phoenix and could never be with anyone. I would be. . . alone.
 
Just the mere thought of it makes me want to cry. If I tell Jiyong that. . . would he give me at least a day to be with him?
 
I really am stupid, aren’t I? I don’t want to feel this unbearable pain with his memory anymore. But why do I keep on thinking of him, still? He’s already married to Sohee. I should stop thinking of him already. I’ve told myself that I’ve already moved on, that I should move on but why do I keep on looking back?
 
I sighed. And then, there’s TOP. If I tell him, would he leave me?
 
No, I could not bear seeing him turn his back on me. I need him. With that thought in mind, I snuggled closer to his warmth. His warmth is different from. . . . from Jiyong. With Jiyong, I always it’s like he’s fueling the heat inside me. With TOP, it’s like he’s warming my body from the winter, from the cruel sting of the coldness that somehow invaded my soul.
 
Now that I think of it, I can’t help but feel a bit bitter to fate. I’ve made choices before but why do fate always intervene? Many things came in between me and Jiyong. There was Jae, Bom, Krystal, Victoria, Sulli, Kevin, Sohee, TOP. . . . After all the things we went through, if you look at it logically, I believe we at least deserve to be together. But no, fate does not think that way. So what was the point of going through all of those things?
 
I closed my eyes tightly to wipe those thoughts off of my mind. What I should be doing right now is to make the most of my time with TOP. I mean, somewhere along the way, I know that the royalties would know about my identity. I can’t risk and take people getting in the way just to protect me. I don’t want another Jaejoong incident.
 
There was a weary sigh beside me. “You’re awake now, aren’t you?”
 
I lazily looked up at TOP. “Why?”
 
“I need to go to the bathroom.”
 
“Why?” I asked again.
 
“Pet,” he slowly said, “I’m still a guy. So I need to take a shower before. . .”
 
It was a moment later when I realized what he meant. I don’t know if I should grimace or laugh. “You’re such a ert!”
 
“It’s not my fault, is it?” he said. “You know I’m attracted to you and being near you. . . well, let’s just say being near you have its ups and downs.”
 
I chuckled at that and teasingly climbed on top of him. His eyes narrowed at me and I can’t help but laugh at the look on his face. He looked as if he knew I’m going to harass him. Laughing on top of him did some things to our bodies. I paused for a moment and then, I bit my lower lip and looked at him apologetically. He just rolled his eyes at me.
 
“Right, get off,” he said. “I really need to take a shower.”
 
But before he could even push me off of him, I leaned down and kissed him. Maybe I’m just needy or clingy, or a flirt. But I do enjoy kissing him. Maybe because he was pretty good at it or maybe because he makes my blood, which I thought was frozen already, rush to different parts of my body.
 
It was a simple kiss at first, more like teasing. But slowly, it turned deeper. I murmured incoherent words against his opened mouth. I’m not really sure what I’m asking or what I’m saying. I just. . . I don’t know, seriously. But then, one arm went around me while his other hand went to my head, steadying it in place.
 
“Hmm,” I murmured as he changed our positions. I instantly wrapped my legs around his waist and immersed myself in kissing him, in the feel of his mouth on mine, of his tongue teasing mine, of his hand trying to get inside my top. With ease deftness, he was able to take my top off of me. He then broke the kiss and went to dip his head in my neck, down to my shoulder and to my collarbone – showering every inch with kisses. Ghad, for a giant like him, his lips are so. . . so tender, soft and. . . tingly.
 
He slid his hand under me and went to reach for the clasp of my bra. I arched my back to give him better access to it. While he was at it, I slid my hands to the hem of his shirt and took it off of him as well. I then ran my hands on his smooth back. For a moment, a part of me suddenly shut down and for a moment, I had the urge to push him away. For a moment, the only thought that came to my mind was that this was not the back I wanted and expected to touch; I wanted to run my hands again on each curve of the scars carved on. . .
 
 And then, I came to my senses. Of course, I thought. This was TOP. He doesn’t have scars. For a moment, I suddenly had the urge to cry. But then, I got distracted with TOP’s mouth enclosing on the peak atop one of my s. It was then that I realized that he had already taken care of the barrier on the upper part of my body. I was disoriented for a moment because there was this part of me that was still looking or seeking the feel of having a scarred chest against my skin. But having something smooth against my skin was quite. . . comfortable as well.
 
I grabbed a fistful of his hair and pulled him back to me so I could get a taste of his lips again. It felt so warm that I could just sigh in agreement and contentment when he started taking off my pants. I rolled over, bringing him under me without breaking the kiss. “Take. . . . your. . . . pants. . . . off. . .” I murmured in between kisses.
 
He just groaned in response then flipped our positions again. As he hovered above me and trailed kisses from my chest down to my tummy, I exhaled his name harshly. “Seunghyun. . .”
 
He stopped and seemed to have frozen. But then, with a weary sigh, he rolled off of me and went to lie down on his back beside me, his arm on his forehead.
 
I frowned and turned to him. “What’s wrong?” I asked.
 
He glanced sideways and gave me a small smile. “The way you said my name. . .” he said. “That’s not the tone I wanted to hear. I guess you’re not ready yet. . .”
 
“But. . .” I protested.
 
He chuckled and kissed my forehead. “Don’t worry, I’m willing to wait until you’re ready,” he said and stood up. “Ah. . . I really do need a shower. . .”
 
I wanted to stop him but I just watched him go to the bathroom. I slid underneath the covers of the bed. I think. . . I think I’m starting to really. . . fall for him.
 
- - -
 
AUTHOR’S POV
 
“You’re concern for Dara seem pointless,” Seungri said to Sohee.
 
“Why?”
 
“Well, I went to check how she’s doing like you asked me to and I saw her making out with that. . .that TOP guy. When I say making out, I mean making out.”
 
Sohee just frowned at him.
 
Seungri rolled her eyes and sighed. “They were in bed, with only their underwear on.”
 
Her eyes widened. “You watched them have ?”
 
“Of course not!” he said. “I left just before they reach that part. Don’t get me wrong,” he said. “I do watch adult videos but it’s quite awkward if it’s someone you know.”
 
She didn’t say anything.
 
“She seemed okay,” he shrugged.
 
“Do you think. . . do you think I should tell. . .”
 
“What’s the point?”
 
She sighed. “You’re right.”
 
“Where’s Jiyong, anyway?” he asked.
 
“I have no idea,” she answered. “I haven’t seen him for a long time now.”
 
“Oh,” Seungri murmured. Then, a small smile tugged at the corner of his lips. “Come here then.”
 
Her eyes narrowed in suspicion at once. “And why do I need to do that?” she asked snobbishly but he could just see the small smile starting to curve her lips.
 
“Because. . .” he said. “If you’re not going to come here, I’m going after you!” he laughed and lunged at her but she was able to avoid him. Laughing gleefully, she started running away from him. “Ah. . . so you want me to chase you first, huh?”
 
Seungri chased Sohee around the house, both of them laughing. “Gotcha!” he victoriously exclaimed upon catching her waist. Sohee just laughed in response. He then turned her around to face him. With a smile, he leaned down and kissed her. She then wrapped her arms around her neck and responded to him.
 
“Okay, let’s get to bed,” Seungri said.
 
“Hmn. . . yes. . .” she murmured in agreement.
 
Seungri then carried her to a room and placed her down on a bed. He chuckled upon seeing the look on her face. “Will you please stop looking so excited?”
 
“Conceited,” she scoffed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Miles away, Jiyong stood on his feet, staring down at the dead bodies of some of his fellow shadows. His long hair was being blown gently by the wind, his eyes all-black and seemed to be darker and blacker than they used to. He was as usual, wearing a black top and pants. His hands, which were hanging loosely on his side, were bloodied. He was staring at the lone guy who was bloodied as well a few feet away from him. Jiyong smirked upon seeing the man tremble.
 
“Do you want to watch your little daughter die in front of you first?” he asked. “I asked a simple question, a simple answer is all I needed.”
 
As if on knowing and understanding what’s going on, a little girl beside Jiyong started crying.
 
“That would not make a difference!” the man answered. “They’re going to kill us anyway!”
 
Jiyong shrugged. “Oh well, your choice.”
 
“Wait!” the man shouted. “Leave her alone, kill me instead!”
 
He rolled his eyes. “You know I can easily do that without your permission.”
 
“I seriously don’t know where your parents are!” the man desperately screamed.
 
“Don’t you?” he sneered. His bloodied hand then went on top of the girl’s head.
 
“W-wait. . .!” the man shouted, getting desperate. Jiyong smirked at that. Whoever said that all shadows are heartless was a part-liar. There would always be an exemption to the rule and the man in front of him was that. “I-I’m not s-sure but. . . but I heard. . . I heard they were brought to an island. . .”
 
He sighed impatiently. “And where is that island?”
 
The man shook his head. “I can’t. . .”
 
“You can’t. . .?”
 
The man’s eyes darted to his daughter. “Please. . . don’t hurt my daughter. . .”
 
“I won’t if you tell me what you know,” he said. “Surely, you know something since you’ve been a guard in the Nest?”
 
“This much I can tell you. . .” he said. “The history of the shadows that you know is not the real one. . . there have been a lot of theories, speculations to that. But Master Ahn was able to find out the truth that’s why he’s looking for the daughter of the black fire, or more known as the black phoenix. Aside from its power to heal all types of illnesses, Master Ahn also wants to put an end to it all. . . and to seize dominance. . .”
 
Jiyong huffed in boredom. “The point?”
 
“The history is not as what you think it is. . .!”
 
“You already said that,” he grimaced. “But I still don’t see your point.”
 
“The point is, a battle will emerge that will put an end to the cursed lives we have!” the man shouted. “The daughter of the black fire and the son of the black eyes will fight and whoever wins will escape the curse placed upon them.”
 
“And does Master Ahn know how it will end?”
 
“Yes!” the man feverishly said. “You. . !” he pointed a finger to him. “You will - !”
 
Out of nowhere, the man stopped speaking and his body was lifted off of the ground. And the next thing that happened, Jiyong just found him lying on his back with his eyes wide open – lifeless. The girl shrieked and escaped his grip. She went to run towards her father but then, just like what happened to her father, her little body was suddenly lifted off of the ground. She gave a loud scream and Jiyong’s eyes widened as the girl died in front of him as well.
 
He stood motionless on his spot as an echoing laughter echoed inside his head.
 
AAAAHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!” he screamed as his evil blood started to take over him. His logical mind totally shut off as a black and violet smoke enveloped him.
 
“You would not be able to stop that evil side of yours, Jiyong,” his echoing voice rang inside his head once again. “Just let it go. You and I. . . we’ll lead the new era for the shadows. . .”
 
 
 
 
 
--------
*a/n: Watchathink guys? LOL
 
On a serious note, I just wanted to thank some concerned peepz here for letting me know what's going on in the fanfiction world that I'm not aware of, LOL. To those who are aware of what I'm talking about, let's live peacefully, LOL.
 
Some peepz went a bit naughty so I decided to disallow text selection. Tch, tch. I'm not really easily offended. In all honesty, at the moment, I'm not offended at all eventhough it's my third time receiving a message about this particular issue. I don't like causing troubles as well so I'm not going to do anything about it as well (I'm not really sure what's the sanction if I'm going to report it, so I might as well keep my mouth shut, LOL.) I find it a bit amusing and awkward but. . . of course, I'm hoping that I would not receive any message again pertaining to this issue. This has happened to three of my fics already, and I think it will be a wee bit. . . odd if it will happen to all of my fics, LOL..
 
Anyways, ignore me, I'm just ranting. Please, let us keep our silence. LOL
 
ANYWAY! Thanks so much for the warm welcome you've given to my newest baby - Remnants Of The Heart! Yay! Throws confetti to the air!
 
AND OH, DON'T YOU JUST FIND TABI CUUUUUTE AND DASHINGLY HANDSOME IN THE BANNER ABOVE? kkkk
 
And I just found something more embarrassing than writing an M scene. kyaaaa! I can't. . . . it's humiliating! I can't say it! LOL.. I better stick to writing.. #epicphail in creative arts! Hahaha.  So I'm loving BB's concept photos and well, since I'm digging their angsty looks and GD's one-sided long hair, I thought, maybe I can try to make banner with it. But gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!! #phail! I can't even use paint or adobe. toinks! i ended up just staring at a blank page.