The Intimate Moments

The Black Phoenix

 

*banner by G-Dara21
 
------
 
I wanted to know why, I wanted to ask myself why I can’t stop loving him, why my heart is crazily beating inside my chest everytime I see him, why I seem to be so conscious when he’s near.
 
Why?
 
This guy who is now staring down at me with those adorably penetrating eyes of his had his name tattooed in my chest with me allowing him to do so. He’d always been vocal of not believing in fairy tales or promises and how he does not want to have children but that night, he was supposed to propose to me and would marry me which was against everything he stood for and believed in. He, who pretended to be snob and heartless showed me that he’s capable of being sweet, romantic, funny, playful, overprotective and a ert. How can he be heartless when he’s looking down at me as if wishing that I could read what’s inside his soul; when he’s looking down at me with that gorgeous eyes filled with pain and regret and. . . something else.
 
I remember, I wanted to tell him. I wanted to tell him I can remember those sweet little moments we have; those times when he was being playful and always teasing me of how much of a ert and insatiable I am; those times when he’s being adorably cute acting like a child with his childish pouts; those times when he would always scold me everytime I go all stubborn; that time when we kissed in the rain and him giving me his family ring; that time when he gave me the crystal-made angel-shaped necklace; those times when he whispered the words I love you.
 
I can remember everything. I can remember how he fought Sulli to save me, how he fought for me against the shadows’ protests of me being his girlfriend, how he cried in front of me, how he protected me from Kevin, how he always hold me close to him everytime he makes love to me.
 
What happened to us?
 
Tears, my tears seemed to be very active these days because they just started pouring down once again. His eyes widened then. “No,” he whispered. “Please don’t cry and pity me, Dara. I know it’s already too late.”
 
Stupid! I wanted to say but I was too overwhelmed with my feelings that I just bawled out loudly. He wiped my tears away with his thumb. “Dara, please don’t cry. . .”
 
Hearing him say my name and the word please did it for me. I just totally cried and cried and cried. I seemed inconsolable and I think it scared him off because he stopped wiping my tears away with his eyes wide opened in fear, staring down at me. Then, something dark passed in his eyes before he suddenly disappeared.
 
I gasped upon feeling the lost of his weight on top of me and the feel of his warm body. The sense of loss hit me hard in the gut. Is it really too late?
 
How can a person who broke you into pieces fix you back up again?
 
But. . . I love him. There’s no question to that anymore. The question is, does he still love me? And am I still willing to risk it?
 
- - -
 
It’s been two days since the match happened and Jiyong hasn’t come back yet. The others seemed to be not worrying about his disappearance. Sohee and Seungri were being the sweetest couple as ever, Youngbae was reading a book and would shake his head once in a while everytime Bom would start making a point that is totally pointless, Bom was. . . ranting on and one, well, picking up a fight with TOP, obviously who in return was throwing teasing and insulting remarks back to Bom. CL was silent.
 
I, on the other hand is silent as well. I looked out through the window and saw nothing but darkness. In a few hours, the clock will strike twelve midnight and that would mark Jiyong’s third day of no show.
 
I suddenly feel suffocated. I stood up and told the others I’ll just go ahead and take some fresh air. As I stepped outside, I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply. Then, I released my breath and opened my eyes. I started walking with no exact destination in mind. I found myself back in the clearing where I had a conversation with Jiyong. I exhaled upon seeing the log. I sat down and looked up. I haven’t talked to TOP yet about Jiyong and my decision. I mean, right before the match, I pretty much showed TOP that I wanted to be with him but then. . . I can’t just tell him that I finally accepted the fact that there’s no one else I could love but Jiyong. But Jiyong is a complicated person and loving him is complexity itself. I know it would be simpler and easier if I just choose TOP but it would be unfair to him as well as to me.
 
I sighed and stretched my legs out in front of me. “Jiyong. . .” I breathed. Then, I launched to my stupid song in a slow pace. “Jiyong, Jiyong, Jiyongie. . . . I so miss you, Jiyongie. . .”
 
 
 
AUTHOR’S POV
 
The room went silent with his sudden appearance. “Hey, where have you been?” Bom asked, breaking the silence.
 
Jiyong didn’t answer at once and just looked around the room.
 
“Why do you have bruises?”
 
“Got caught in a petty fight,” he said. “Where’s Dara?”
 
“She went out, said she needed some fresh air.”
 
“And you all let her out at this time?”
 
“Well, what do you expect us to do then?” Bom asked. “She’d been worried about you.”
 
He waved his hand impatiently and went out to look for Dara. “That stubborn girl,” he murmured under his breath. He shook his head in disapproval as he started looking for her. “. . . haven’t changed. . . . still as stubborn as ever. . .” he rumbled to himself.
 
Then he saw her. He was annoyed to see her looking as if being out in the open was not important. “You shouldn’t be out in the open this late,” he said.
 
She didn’t show any signs of surprise which would mean that she either felt or heard him approach her. It amazes him how she seemed to transform into someone he would have never imagined her to be. She was amused and annoyed at the same time. First and foremost, he never wanted her to literally learn how to fight although it’s a good way to defend herself but he just didn’t want her getting hurt or injured in any way. And he can’t help but be annoyed thinking that she now had the guts to walk around this late because she’s now confident that she would be able to defend herself, which would not be that effective in all situations since shadows do have powers.
 
His annoyance overshadowed his amusement that he scowled loudly.
 
“Where have you been?” she asked softly, facing him.
 
He grimaced. He didn’t want to tell her that he actually ran away from his fear. For a while now, there’s this one thing that he’s really afraid of – seeing her in tears. Seeing her in tears because of him – he’s now considering it as his greatest fear of all. That’s why he ran away a while ago. Yes, maybe he’s actually a coward. “Just went somewhere to think,” he then said.
 
“Think about what?”
 
“Things,” he said. “But don’t change the topic. You’re not supposed to be here outside, especially this late. You know that everyone’s after you right now.”
 
“Not everyone,” she said. “I mean, the humans aren’t after me, are they?” she went on, grinning.
 
“Har har, very funny.”
 
She laughed lightly. “You know what? I’m actually thankful to Dae and Minzy for telling Ahn who I really am.”
 
Anger suddenly boiled his insides. “And why is that?”
 
“If they didn’t tell him, I probably would not see you again. I would probably still be lost in my delusional world that I can move on without you.”
 
“You seemed to have fare enough,” he said. “I mean look at you, you’re now a fighting tiny little thing. You’ve even defeated TOP a while ago.”
 
“He said you talked to him. . .”
 
“Yeah. . . I did. . . just trying to make a point. . .” he shrugged.
 
She frowned and then sighed.
 
“You really care about him, don’t you?”
 
“Of course I do,” she answered. “He’s a good person.”
 
They both went quiet.
 
“What do you think will happen now?” she asked. “Do you think they’d eventually find us?”
 
“Yes,” he answered straightforward. “They will find us. I’m not certain on things but there’s one thing I’m sure about.”
 
“And what’s that?”
 
He glanced at her and gave her a lopsided smile. “They won’t be able to turn you into a black phoenix.”
 
“I don’t want anyone sacrificing their lives to avoid that from happening,” she grumbled.
 
“Sacrifices can never be avoided in situations like this. But let me ask you something. . .”
 
“What is it?”
 
“If I die tomorrow, will you shed at least a single tear for me?” he asked.
 
She suddenly had the urge to shout at him. How could he ask her that question? It would not only be her tears that will be spilled. But she tried to calm herself down. “You're not going to die,” she quietly said. “You're the direct descendant after all.”
 
“Being a direct descendant does not mean I’m immortal and invincible.”
 
“How about you?” she asked. “Will you cry if I die?”
 
“I don't think TOP would allow that to happen,” he responded.
 
“Will you allow that to happen?”
 
“You’re not going to die, Dara,” he said with so much finality that it gave her the urge to laugh.
 
“TOP would not always be there,” she said. “Let's say I die, would it be too much to ask for one last wish?”
 
“You're being ridiculous.”
 
“Grant my last wish, Jiyong.”
 
He sighed impatiently. “What is it then?”
 
“Kiss me.”
 
He didn’t say anything. She waited for any other reaction but the silence stretched between them. She took a step forward towards him but he stepped back, as if coming to his senses. “It’s getting late, we should get inside,” he said then turned around, walking away.
 
“I’ve tried stopping whatever my feelings were for you. . .” she started.
 
He was at the far end of the clearing when he suddenly stopped, his whole body trembling for some weird reason. Taking advantage of it, Dara went on.
 
“I thought I did. . . I thought I’ve moved on. . . but I realized I can’t stop loving you. I’ve tried. . .” she choked. “You don’t have any idea how much I’ve tried to kill or drown the feelings I have for you so I won’t feel the pain as well. . . but I can’t. . . I just can’t stop loving you. I love you, I love you. . . I love you.”
 
His fists clenching tightly while his jaw tightened. He shut his eyes tightly for a moment, muttered a curse under his breath before opening his eyes and turned back to her. With huge strides, he approached her. With her tears retreating back, Dara could only stare at an angry-approaching Jiyong. She stood there, unsure of what to do.  She took a step back as he neared. And when he reached her, he cupped her face with his hands then his head descended on hers, his soft lips touching hers until he claimed it quite possessively and desperately.
 
Her response was instant. She clung to his shoulders as she kissed him equally. It’s not only her longing for him. It also goes the other way around. The way Jiyong was kissing her quite possessively, desperately, passionately – it’s as if all emotions that had been held back were being poured into the kiss itself and she could only equal that as well. Come to think of it, it was quite impossible to let another person know how you feel without using words. One of his arms then went around her and he pulled in so tight against him that she felt like her bones would snap into two any moment and it was like she was being choked. But she didn’t mind. Oh, how she longed to be in his arms again, like this. She then moved her hands from his shoulders up to his hair and curled her fingers on some strands. She missed this, she definitely missed this. But she hadn’t known a more intense physical contact before. And it actually gave her hope.
 
She didn’t want to get her hopes too high but she could not help it. But when Jiyong grabbed one of her knees and pinned it on his side, she lost all coherent thoughts and got lost in the wave of sensations that his lips, his hands and presence were bringing. She gave a little groan as she felt herself being pushed back against a tree. Oh, she missed intimate moments like these – to think that he’s actually just starting.
 
She made a quick gasp to take some air in and when she did that, a tongue darted inside , causing her knees to almost turn into a jelly. She then had this urge to touch him so she slipped her hand under his shirt and his scarred body greeted her smooth hand. With their lips and tongues still battling, she started roaming her hand on his upper torso. Her finger was tracing every curve again – what’s odd was, it seemed that her finger knew where the scar would curve and would stop. She never thought that she actually memorized his scars subconsciously and never thought she’d still remember it considering they’ve been separated for a long time. With one knee pinned against his side, she felt his reaction to what they were doing and her belly tightened as well. She wanted to rub her covered self against his covered self as well and was about to do that when he suddenly grabbed her other knee and pulled it up, wrapping her leg around his waist. The next thing she knew, they were already in his room and he was now pushed against his locked door. He let go of her legs, making her feet land solidly against the ground. She was then taken by surprised when he suddenly tears her shirt into two.
 
He broke the kiss and started nipping, kissing and the skin on her bare shoulder and neck while she was now starting to pull his shirt off of him. At some point, they were able to take off their shoes as well, closely followed by their pants. Left with only their undergarments, they stumbled in the bed in a mess of limbs.
 
Unstoppable, a set of tearing sounds filled the room followed by the throwing of what seemed to be ruined cloth. It wasn’t long until sounds can be heard from the room and a person could clearly hear it as he was leaning outside the door of the room.
 
TOP swallowed the lump in his throat and with closed eyes, he walked away.
 
- - -
 
DARA’S POV
 
I woke up with a start but I didn’t open my eyes. I was beyond exhausted and I wanted to go back to sleep. Jeez, I forgot. . . erm, the extent of my stamina was. I think I really am a ert or it could be that I just missed him so much and words weren’t enough anymore to express how I feel. I smiled, biting my lower lip as I tried to suppress the giggle threatening to come out from me. For some reason, I felt. . . contented, wanted and happy. Maybe because Jiyong didn’t hold back and heck, I heard him made sounds at the peak of our. . . of our. . . aigoo! Just thinking of the word makes me all giddy up inside.
 
Aigoo, aigoo, aigoo!
 
And we did not just have one round, there were at least. . . aigoo, I wasn’t able to count! I sighed in contentment. I can feel his presence, his warmth. . . and it felt so good.
 
“Morning,” he greeted in that husky and y voice of his. Gaaaaaaaah!
 
“Hmm. . .” I murmured.
 
“I know you’re awake,” he said. “You have a stupid grin on your face right now.”
 
I opened one eye and peered at him. Then, I smiled and opened them both. “Morning,” I greeted back. “Oh, is it morning already?”
 
“Yes,” he answered. “It’s seven in the morning already.”
 
“Oh,” I mumbled, not really interested with the time right now.
 
“Any plans of getting up?”
 
I shook my head and closed my eyes again, cuddling closer to him. We went silent for a moment.
 
But then, he decided to break it. “Any plans of talking some things out?” he asked.
 
I heaved a sigh. “Actually, there are a lot of things I wanted us to talk about,” she said. “But I don’t want to ruin the mood that we have right now just yet. Maybe we can talk later.”
 
“What mood exactly?” he asked. I can just hear the smile in his voice.
 
“Well, you. . . me. . . wrapped in each other’s arms. . . under the sheets. . . that kind of mood.”
 
He chuckled a little. “You haven’t changed. . .”
 
“I told you, my feelings for you haven’t changed.”
 
“Dara. . . about that. . . I’m. . .”
 
“Shhhhh…..” I shushed him, my body suddenly becoming alert. I’ve been ignoring it for a few minutes already but the silence is just too much. “Something’s wrong. . .” I murmured.
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“It’s so quiet outside. . .” I said, sitting up. “Jiyong. . . something’s wrong. . . the forest outside is. . . way too quiet.”
 
 
 
 
-------
 
Author's Note:
 
A preparatory chapter for the upcoming battle!!
 
Wee. . . next chappie would be the face-off then after that, it's the Epilogue already!!
 
OMG!!
 
Ah. . . . . . . . 
 
Anyways, might post some teasers on my Twitter account so keep tuned!
 
LOL
 
Are you ready to see Dara in action? LOL