The Real Intention

The Black Phoenix

 

*chapter banner by nabi_chi, hehe. i decided to use this one as a banner.. keke.. look at Dara's eyes.. isn't it cuute? keke..
-------
 
 
AUTHOR’S POV
 
“What’s with the face, Tabi?” Sohee snorted. “Did the worm escape your beak?”
 
“Oh, shut up!”
 
Sohee laughed. “So she’s really being elusive, huh? It’s not really surprising. She’s in a relationship and she’s in love with him”
 
“Jiyong doesn’t even treat her right. He doesn’t deserve her”
 
“And you do?”
 
TOP just rolled his eyes in response. Dara’s been avoiding him. He could easily catch her of course, but he didn’t want to force her into talking to him. The last time he attempted to force her into talking to him. The last time he attempted to use force, it only made her angrier. He smiled at the thought. Dara was a tiny little thing and it was so amusing to see her eyes flashing angrily his way but it also bothers him. The last thing he wanted was to get Dara angry with him so he decided to tone it down a little, just letting her anger pass by. He knew he said enough things to make the couple go into a cold war. He actually expected Dara would come into terms with him so she won’t be alone but the girl chose the company of that Kevin guy.
 
“Where’s your pet, by the way? The one with the scar on his face?”
 
Sohee rolled her eyes. “He’s not my pet and his name is Seungri. He’s a friend and he’s currently in his class right now. And you know very well shadows aren’t made to be pets”
 
“He seemed like a pet to me” TOP chuckled. “Always following you around and stuff. I remember, he used to be very fond of Dara but he’s ignoring her now”
 
“Jealous?” Sohee asked, raising one brow.
 
“Yeah, right” he snorted again. “In your dreams little girl”
 
“A girl can always dream” she shrugged nonchalantly. “And he’s not ignoring Dara, he just got some issues”
 
“Oh right. Just keep on dreaming that Jiyong would fall for you. Maybe it’ll come true one day then he’ll leave Dara alone. Of course, I’ll enter the scene to get her”
 
“Why are you being such an optimistic sarcastic?” she snapped. “And it isn’t really wise to get into Jiyong’s nerves. You don’t know how he’s like when he’s angry”
 
“I told you, I like Dara” he said. When Sohee only stared at him, he sighed impatiently. “Fine! At first, I didn’t really like her THAT MUCH. And when I found out she’s Jiyong’s girl, I saw her as a challenge but the times I spent with her made me really like her. Besides, it’s not everyday you see the direct descendant being jealous and pissed like that”
 
“And why would you go as far as to challenging a direct descendant?”
 
“I don’t know. To excite things, I guess. It’s pretty boring here. It would be cool to have some-”
 
“Some what? Some fun?” she exclaimed. “You really are out of your mind”
 
“And if you were wise enough, you should have told me before the name of that girl that made the direct descendant all ed up”
 
“And would good would that do?”
 
“I could have used all my charms to steal her away from your fiancé”
 
She rolled her eyes. “I won’t stoop that low. I’d rather win him fair and square. And I won’t really rely that much on you. Based on what I’m seeing lately, Dara isn’t really eager to see you so I guess YOUR SO-CALLED CHARMS isn’t really that effective. Why, I’ve been seeing her with that guy that I’m not so-”
 
“He’s Kevin Woo” Top butted in, annoyed. “He’s a transfer student too, I think. He usually keeps to himself so I don’t know anything about him”
 
“There’s something odd about that guy” she thoughtfully said.
 
“I think he’s gay” he knowingly said.
 
“And what made you assume that he is?”
 
“For one, he hasn’t made a move on Dara yet” he said. “And he’s pretty neat and organized for a guy”
 
Sohee lifted her brows up. “Jiyong’s pretty neat and organized with his things but I can assure you he’s not gay. Just because guys are organized unlike you, that doesn’t make them gays. And I thought you don’t know anything about him?”
 
TOP then launched into recounting the rooftop incident, how he saved Dara, how Jiyong reacted to it and all the details. “I didn’t head straight home. I went to the rooftop and saw Dara’s things neatly placed in one corner and-”
 
“Dara’s things?” Sohee echoed. “What about Kevin’s things?”
 
“He’s carrying them when he. . . what’s with that look? It’s really creepy, you know?”
 
“Did you inform Jiyong about this?” she urgently asked.
 
“In case you didn’t notice, Jiyong and I aren’t really on speaking terms”
 
“I can’t believe you haven’t figured it out!” she hissed, taking her phone out. She started calling Jiyong but he wasn’t answering so she called Seungri instead. “I need to talk to Jiyong NOW! It’s urgent! Bring him to me! I’ll explain later”
 
“What’s wrong?” TOP asked.
 
“HOW COULD YOU BE SO STUPID?!” Sohee demanded.
 
“What did I do?” he asked offhandedly.
 
“If Kevin was really concerned about Dara and the fall, did you really think he’ll find time to grab his things and place Dara’s things NEATLY in one corner? His initial reaction should have been shouting for her name when she fell or running straight down the stairs. And based on what you told me, you and Jiyong still managed to have a little chitchat before Kevin burst into the scene”
 
It took a few seconds for Sohee’s words to sink into his mind. And when he finally understood what she was trying to say, he stiffened. “Are you. . . are you telling me that Kevin intended to kill her?”
 
But even before she could answer, Jiyong and Seungri came into view. “What’s so urgent that you have to get Seungri in forcing me to see you?” Jiyong lazily asked, looking bored.
 
“It’s Dara” Sohee said. “Do you know where she is?”
 
Jiyong grimaced. “She’s with Kevin, I think. Why?”
 
“I think she’s in trouble”
 
In just a blink, Jiyong’s expression changed. The lazy bored look disappeared. Alertness took its place and somewhere, there was a tinge of panic too.
 
TOP didn’t linger to hear Sohee explain to Seungro and Jiyong her theory. He quickly and silently walked away, intending to check on Dara. He pulled out his phone and called her. It was a long shot since there’s a possibility that she’s not going to answer his call but he still tried. And to his surprise, Dara answered.
 
“I’m not really in the mood to talk to you” she said. “Now, if you don’t mind, I’m quite-”
 
“This is urgent! Are you with Kevin? Where are you?”
 
“So what if I’m with Kevin? And I’m not telling you where I am” she stubbornly said.
 
“Dara, stay away from him! He intended to-!”
 
“Why should I do that?!” she snapped. “He’s been nothing but a good friend to me, unlike you! Goodbye!”
 
TOP cursed loudly when she ended the call. He dialed her number again but her phone’s already off. “Out of all the days to be stubborn, you chose this particular day!” he gritted. He started marching towards a secluded area. With a pop, he turned into a crow, suspended in midair. He spread his wings out, missing the feel of wind under his wings. And then, he flew off.
 
- - -
 
JIYONG’S POV
 
I felt like I’m on the brink of my sanity and that I’m barely holding on. I can feel something inside me boiling and waiting to get out. The weird thing was, I wasn’t exerting effort to hold it back in.
 
Kill. Destroy. Kill. Destroy. Kill. Destroy.
 
My mind seemed to chant the words over and over again. My mind’s so consumed by it that I couldn’t think straight anymore. I could feel my insides trembling from I-don’t-know-what.
 
“Jiyong!” Sohee hissed. “Get a grip on yourself! You can’t lose control right now”
 
I didn’t say anything.
 
“Ji!”
 
“Her phone’s dead. “Seungri said. Dara wasn’t at school anymore and so we went to check the apartment but she isn’t here, too. Seungri’s been trying to call her since Sohee said I’m almost close to gripping my phone too tight that it might broke into two.
 
“Contact Bom and Youngbae” Sohee calmly ordered. “Tell them what happened”
 
“I’m going to kill” I whispered.
 
“KWON JIYONG!” Sohee shouted. “If you’ll only think of nothing else, we might not know where she is. Try to recall the times when Dara talked about Kevin to you. Where does he usually spend his time? Where does he-?”
 
I instantly turned into a crow and gave a loud screech before taking off through the opened window. Just as I flew outside, I heard Sohee swore at my rudeness and sudden departure. I feel stupid and irresponsible. I followed Kevin for weeks but when I didn’t notice anything peculiar, I stopped following him. I should have known something was fishy when Dara asked me to stop following Kevin. And if I wasn’t so darn proud and jealous, I wouldn’t end up ignoring Dara for these past days and she wouldn’t be seeking for anyone else’s company!
 
I went first to the place where Kevin usually goes everyday after class. There was a group of people in the field – singing. I casted my eyes around but Dara and Kevin were nowhere to be seen. I whirled around and flew to Kevin’s place.
 
The place was neat and organized. Everything was in order and in their proper places. But Kevin was absent. I looked around as I slowly went back to my human form. And then, I started searching. I don’t know why and what I’m searching for but I turned the whole place over, not really seeing anything since my mind’s just too chaotic. I’ve broken a few appliances from my irritation.
 
I leaned one hand against the wall as my other hand balled into a tight fist. “ it, it, it!” I screamed, punching the wall nonstop.
 
Then, my phone started ringing. I wasn’t really in the mood to talk to anyone so I ignored it. But when it was too persistent, I took it out and flung it against the wall where it snapped and fell to the floor, broken. I’m slowly losing it. Something inside me was boiling to get free. Something thick, dark and heavy was coursing through my veins.
 
Then, I felt them even before they arrived.
 
“Uh-oh” I heard Youngbae’s familiar voice. “He isn’t looking so good”
 
“Seungri, check the rooms or any hidden compartment” Sohee’s voice came but it was as if she was so far away, she sounded so distant. “Youngbae, see through all this. . . mess. Jiyong might have overlooked some things seeing his situation right now”
 
“He’s going to lose it any moment” Youngbae warned.
 
“I’ll handle him” she answered.
 
“Sohee, you don’t really know how-”
 
“I’ll handle him” she repeated, more firmly now. When Youngbae gave a hesitant nod, she then turned to Jiyong. “You shouldn’t have taken off like that. Good thing I got enough authority to search through Kevin’s school records to look for his address. Youngbae didn’t allow Bom to come since she’s in a delicate manner right now. As-”
 
“SHUT UP!”
 
“As for you,” she went on, “you better start controlling yourself. If you lose control, you won’t be able to think straight because all you’ll ever want is to kill someone and that won’t help you o us in finding Dara. Just so you wanted to know, TOP’s looking for her too. You don’t really want him to find her first, do you? You don’t really want him to save her again, do you?”
 
My all-black eyes met her normal looking one. Then, slowly, an emotion welled up inside me that the dark clouds hovering around my mind cleared. I blinked and judging by the satisfied look in Sohee’s face, my eyes are now back to normal.
 
“Now that’s better” she grinned.
 
“Hey!” Seungri called. “I found something very interesting. Take a look at this”
 
Sohee took the thing from Seungri’s hand even before I could reach for it. It turned out to be a photo. “Okay, she’s pretty cute but err, what’s so interesting about this?” she asked.
 
“For you it might be nothing” Seungri said. “But to all of us, it means a great deal”
 
Sohee handed me the photo as Youngbae went beside me to see the photo himself. As my eyes went down, I instantly understood Youngbae’s gasp of horror and surprise.
 
It was a photo of Sulli.
 
 
 
------
don't you just love this chap? heheh
 
are you ready for the next chapter? LOL