The Tiny Creature

The Black Phoenix
*banner by sweetmafi
- - -
 
DARA’S POV
 
I jolted awake. I glanced beside me only to find an empty space. An irrational fear came down on me. I jumped out f bed and went to the bathroom. He wasn’t there too. I went out of the room. The living room’s empty too. Then I heard hushed voices coming from the kitchen slash dining area. I ran there then stopped dead upon seeing them. They were sitting in front of each other. And my pancake was eating sausages. I frowned at this. As far as I know, he prefers eating pancakes in the morning.
 
“You’re a mess” Jiyong commented.
 
“You’re up already” I accusingly said. “You don’t usually get up this early. And you’re eating sausages! I thought you like to have pancakes every morning?”
 
Sohee coughed but I think it was her way of hiding her laughter. I looked at her, well, glared to be exact.
 
“Get a grip of yourself, Dara” Jiyong said.
 
“Why don’t you sit down and eat some breakfast?” Sohee smiled.
 
“I don’t want to eat anything you cooked” I fiercely declared. Jeez, did I just say that? Since when did I become so rude? Aish! And eventhough I wanted to settle myself down on Jiyong’s lap, I can’t sice I haven’t washed my favce yet. I haven’t even brushed my teeth yet, for Pete’s sake!
 
“I didn’t put poison in them, you know” Sohee lightly said. “Jiyong can attest to that”
 
I was about to say something back when Jiyong told me to take a bath first. Unwillingly, I marched off and went straight to the bathroom, stomping childishly. I was so annoyed, pissed and jealous that I almost ripped my clothes off. I stepped into the stall and turned the shower knob on. When I was fully wet, I started to scrub myself angrily. But then, a hand enclosed mine that made me jump and squeak.
 
“Are you trying to scrub your skin off?” Jiyong’s lazy drawl entered my ears.
 
I turned around and saw him smirking at me, fully clothed. “Pancake. . . .”
 
He didn’t say anything. He just went on bathing me. I started tugging on his shirt but he shook my hands off. “Behave” he sternly said.
 
So after my personalized bath, he put a bathrobe on me and spanked my bottom, telling me to brush my teeth. I brushed my teeth with him standing behind me. I was still pissed that my hand made jerky movements. I finished brushing with haste. And when I straightened up and looked at the mirror in front of me, I found Jiyong silently laughing. “What are you laughing at?” I snapped.
 
He stepped forward and wrapped his arms around my waist. Unable to help myself, I leaned my back on his chest. “You’re so tiny” he chuckled, nuzzling my neck. “And I find it adorable”
 
“Really?” I breathed.
 
He resated his chin on my shoulder and looked head on at the mirror. His reflection smiled boyishly, making me smile back. As I looked at our faces close together, I suddenly realized something.. “We look good together!” I exclaimed, eyes widening with excitement, disbelief and amusement.
 
“We do?”
 
“Yes!” I answered eagerly. “And. . . and we kind of look alike” I added with a frown.
 
He chuckled. “Is that so bad that you have to frown?” he asked, sounding totally amused. “And I’ve already told we looked the same when you took a picture of us on the mountains”
 
“Well, it’s just that, we don’t literally look the same but. . . I don’t know” I explained helplessly. As I stared at our reflection, it dawned on me that our eyes have the same look in them. Contentment? No, it’s not that. Probably a little. But there’s something else. . . aish! I could not describe it.
 
“Don’t think too much” he said. “I can hear your brain complaining of being overworked”
 
“Ya!”
 
He chuckled and unwrapped his arms off me. Then, he turned me around to face him. His head suddenly swooped down, his lips claiming mine. It was one of his soothing kisses: sweet, slow, gentle and tender. But it left me breathless all the same.
 
He smiled down at me. “It’s time for the tiny creature to eat”
 
“I don’t want to eat anything SHE cooked” I fiercely declared.
 
“Don’t be stupid” he waved off. “And she did not cook those, I did” he finished, grabbing my hand to pull me with him.
 
“Oh” I murmured. “If that’s the case. . . .”
 
“She’s not going to put poison in your food if that’s what is bothering you”
 
“I don’t like her” I said, pouting. “I don’t want her here, either. Can’t you make her go away?”
 
He looked at me with surprise written all over his face. How can he be so dense sometimes? I don’t know why he’s so surprised with what I said or how I feel about that. . . that girl. “What do you have against her?”
 
“I’m. . . I’m just not used to having another person around” I lied lamely. He just raised his brows at me. “She was engaged to you before!” I suddenly blurted out, unable to stop myself.
 
“So?”
 
“Ugh!” I groaned. “It’s. . . it’s. . . you can’t have your ex-fiance and your current girlfriend in one room, much more under the same roof! It would be. . . chaotic!”
 
“Sohee isn’t the type who engages herself in a nonsense fight. She’s too well-mannered for that”
 
“And I’m not?” I demanded, pulling my hand from his grasp.
 
He frowned. “You’re being childishly stubborn again” he scolded. “Act your age, will you?”
 
Angry and frustrated tears started welling up in my eyes. My breathing started to hitch as I stared at him in utter disbelief. He cursed and ran his hand through his hair, looking anywhere but me then finally, he looked at me. “I hate it when you start getting teary-eyed” he harshly said. Quite roughly than necessary, he pulled me in his arms and gave my tiny body a squeeze before showering kisses on my head. “Sohee. . .” he said. “She’s a nice person, Dara. Like I told you, she’s pretty much like Bom”
 
The respect and admiration in his voice didn’t escape my ears. I wrapped my arms around him tightly, holding on to him like my life depended on it. It was a possessive and stubborn gesture, I know. But I can’t help the nagging jealousy that’s been eating my insides. “I love you” I whispered.
 
“Heard that one before” he chuckled and gently pulled away. He stooped down a little and scooped me up in his arms.
 
“I still don’t like her” I told him. “She’s too cute for her own good”
 
He chuckled again.”Oh, so you find her cute, huh?”
 
“Don’t you?” I returned, my eyes narrowed into slits.
 
He turned thoughtful for a while as we finally reached the kitchen. He settled on one stool with me across his lap. Then, he lifted his eyes on mine. “I do find her cute” he said. “And occasionally pretty”
 
I felt like an elephant stepped on me. He finds her cute! He finds her cute but he also finds her occasionally pretty! He never even complimented me that much but he said. . . wait, what did he say? “Occasionally pretty?”I repeated. “What did that mean?”
 
His face turned dark. “It’s not my secret to tell”
 
“You mean. . .she had some. . . . err, things fixed surgically?”
 
“No” he impatiently said.
 
“Then what did-?”
 
“Eat” he cut off. “I don’t know why you’re stressing yourself with this. It’s totally unimportant and a waste of time kind of topic. And it’s really none of your business”
 
I glared at him but decided to keep my mouth shut. I sighed and turned my attention to the bounty in front of me. The silence that followed was too overwhelming that it irked my ears. I was just thinking of something to say when I heard him sigh wearily. He wrapped his arms around me and pressed his cheek on my arm. I looked at him. He smiled. The smile was so devastatingly beautiful that it made me breathless just by staring at him. Also, I know it’s his own way of saying sorry for being harsh and rude.
 
“It’s so unfair!” I whined. “Why am I so helplessly in love with you?”
 
“Must be my good looks” he grinned.
 
“Why you conceited, arrogant, self-absorbed, thick headed. . . .” I trailed, searching for more words but my mind failed me. He laughed at the look on my face. Then I realized something. “You enjoy that, don’t you? Even if my show of love for you annoys you, you enjoy watching me look so gaga over you!”
 
He turned thoughtful again. “I actually find EVERYTHING about you annoying” he said. I was about to retort back when he stopped me by saying, “But I love EVERY annoying part of you, too. It’s confusing, actually”
 
“Pancake. . .” I mumbled in awe.
 
He looked at me, his expression suddenly getting sour. “Will you take that shining look off your eyes? It’s creeping me out!”
 
“Y-you said. . . you said you love every annoying part of me. It’s as good as saying the magical three words!”
 
“You’re so pathetic” he grimaced.
 
 
 
JIYONG’S POV
 
Her eyes started to water and before she could even utter another word that would creep me out, I kissed her. I kissed her so thoroughly that it didn’t really surprise me when I felt her hands slid from my shoulders to my hair. Her response was instant. She always responds to me instantly anyways, like she’s always eager to kiss me. The countless times we’ve kissed and well, did things more than that, I originally thought that she’ll get tired of it eventually, that the need and the cravings to touch each other and kiss each other intensified.
 
I nibbled on her lower lip in a way that I knew makes her moan. And as if proving it, she did moan. I smirked against her moving lips. I grabbed her waist and lifted her up gently so she could shift her leg and straddle my lap. And that’s when she became more aggressive. Her hands were now travelling all over my body. I tore my lips from her and chuckled as she moaned a protest. I ignored her protest and dipped my head in her shoulder, moving the robe aside.
 
“Pancake. . .” she gasped.
 
I loosened the knot in her robe and slipped my hand inside, caressing her smooth and flat stomach. I felt in contracted under my touch. I lowered my hand, resting it on her thigh, gently the inner part. I pulled my head away from her shoulder and titled my head up to reach for her lips. And she was ready for me. opened in acceptance, her tongue meeting mine halfway.
 
“I can’t believe I forgot the – oh!”
 
I pulled back, fixing Dara’s robe quickly and glanced sideways and glanced sideways at Sohee, whose eyes went as wide as saucers. “Sohee” I nodded casually, grimacing a little at how my voice sounded so husky.
 
“Were you just about to have in front of the foods?” she asked in a scandalized tone.
 
Dara mumbled something. I pulled her closer to me as she buried her face in my shoulder. “I believe you forgot something?” I said.
 
“Oh right” Sohee breathed, shaking her head. She walked up to the end of the table and took the box that I didn’t notice sitting there before. She then glared at me. “You do remember what I said last night, right?”
 
“Of course” I quietly said. Sohee nodded stiffly and walked away. I rubbed Dara’s back. “She’s gone”
 
She straightened up, looking pissed and embarrassed at the same time. Her cheeks were flushed and she’s wearing a cute little pout. “I really don’t like her to stay here”
 
I glanced at my wristwatch. “There’s still a plenty of time”
 
She suddenly looked at me, her eyes brightening up as a knowing grin curved her lips.
 
- - -
 
I exhaled as I put my shirt and hoodie back on. As I pulled my pants up, I felt Dara’s arms wrapped around me from behind. She rested her cheek on my back as I finished buttoning and zipping my pants up. “Are your school stuffs ready?” I asked, unwrapping her arms off me.
 
“Yes” she answered.
 
I nodded in approval and took my baf. I slung it over my shoulder and took one of her hands. “Let’s go”
 
“Pancake?”
 
“Hmm?”
 
“Err, you’re holding my hand again”
 
“I know” I snorted.
 
“But I thought you don’t. . . .” she trailed.
 
“You think too much” I dismissively said.
 
“I so love you” she said in a tone that made me laugh.
 
- - -
 
DARA’S POV
 
It was ‘til this morning break that I started noticing how everyone seemed to ignore me. Unlike the glaring looks occasionally thrown at me, they’re totally avoiding to look at me now. And I think I like that better than receiving glares.
 
“Sandara”
 
I blinked and looked up. Kevin was giving me an apologetic look. “Oh, Kevin”
 
He hesitated for a moment. “How are you?”
 
“I’m-”
 
“Hey spoof!”
 
I stiffened. I turned my head around and saw the kiss-stealer TOP standing so arrogantly and confidently in our classroom’s door. I glared at him for a long time before turning my attention back to Kevin. I gave him a forced smile. “Anyways, as what I was about to say, I’m fine. How about you? I haven’t- kyaa!”
 
“Excuse us” I heard TOP said.
 
“Put me down, you. . . .you. . . evil, loathsome, arrogant. . . . person!” I ordered, pounding on his back.
 
“I want to talk to you” he said.
 
“I don’t have anything to say. PUT ME DOWN NOW!”
 
But he didn’t pay attention to me. He was now climbing down the stairs and I had the urge to scream at the top of my lungs but I didn’t. when I thought he didn’t have any plans to put me down, he did. I faced him and glared at him.
 
“What are you so angry about?” he asked.
 
“Oh, you really have the nerve to ask?!”
 
“If that’s about the kiss, I’m not going to say sorry. And mind you, you kissed me back”
 
I gasped. “I did not!”
 
“Yes, you did!”
 
“No, I didn’t!” I half-screamed.
 
“Why are you so angry? It was just a kiss” he shrugged.
 
“I’m not angry just because of that. . . . of that kiss!”
 
He stared at me. Then slowly, he smiled. “So, it’s really about the kiss. And since Jiyong haven’t attacked me yet, I take it you didn’t tell him?”
 
I didn’t say anything.
 
“You’re worried for me so you didn’t tell him” he said, grinning.
 
I felt my temper flared up. “Why you-!” I started but stopped upon seeing two very familiar people talking seriously from across the field. Jiyong was frowning as he listened to what Sohee was saying. I just felt my blood pressure fired to its limit. I started marching towards them. TOP grabbed my arm and turned me back to face him. “Let me go!” I hissed.
 
“I will” he said. “If you say you’re not angry anymore”
 
“I don’t like you okay!”
 
“Don’t you?” he slowly asked. “Don’t you really like me?”
 
My mouth opened but then it closed again. “I’ve got a boyfriend already”
 
“You can always break up with him” he suggested so casually that my palm itched to slap his face.
 
“I don’t have any plans to break up with him” I gritted. “NONE AT ALL!”
 
“Choi Seunghyun!” Sohee’s familiar voice came from behind me. “Since when did you start harassing girls?”
 
I quickly turned around and saw Sohee and Jiyong making their way towards us.
 
“I’m not harassing anyone” TOP impatiently said. “And I’ll appreciate it if you stop calling me by that name”
 
“What are you doing here, then?”Sohee went on.
 
“I’m simply telling Dara that she shouldn’t be so angry with the kiss we shared”
 
My whole body went rigid as Jiyong’s dark eyes flashed my way.
 
 
 
------
 
ANNYEONG! AS MUCH AS I WANTED TO DO SOME MASS UPDATES ON AUG. 21 FOR MY 2ND BIRTHDAY AS A NOOB WRITER, I CAN'T. SO I JUST DECIDED TO POST THIS UP.
 
Sorry for the typos and grammar errors.. I hope you still find this chap entertaining. Thank you!
 
xoxo
hagocimit