The Bittersweet Reunion

The Black Phoenix

 

*banner by awinnerlikeme
 
---
 
 
“Seriously, is that really CL?” Youngbae asked in awe, making CL blush.
 
“Of course,” Bom snorted, looking at CL with pride in her eyes. “Welcome back,” she whispered softly.
 
CL smiled. “I missed all of you!”
 
“Shouldn’t you be crying and hugging us now?” Jiyong commented. “Come here, lady.”
 
With tears in her eyes, CL ran to Jiyong and hugged him. Soon after that, Youngbae, Bom and Sohee were imprisoned in a tight in a bear hug with her. Hye Ji was tugging at CL’s dirty blonde hair, looking at it curiously. And then, the baby grinned.
 
“Aww, cute. . .” CL murmured.
 
“Of course she is, she is my daughter,” Bom said, making TOP snort. Bom gave him a dark look. That was the time that Dara went back to her senses. She welcomed CL back, hugged her then introduced the siblings and TOP to her.
 
“I like your hair,” Minzy commented, surprising Dara. She never thought Minzy had this side in her.
 
“Thanks,” CL smiled sheepishly. But then, she was looking at TOP and Dara curiously, a small frown on her face. She was about to ask but upon seeing the look on Dara’s face, she kept shut. She glanced around and saw her aunt chatting with Bom and Youngbae. Slowly, her eyes moved, looking around her. Then, she saw him – a lone figure far away from them. She hesitated for a moment but then, she gave him a small smile. He did not return it. He gave her a blank look then looked away, his eyes fixed on something or someone. She followed his gaze and it landed on Sohee who was talking to Jiyong. She looked back at Seungri and saw something past his eyes. Her eyes squeezed painfully for some unknown reason.
 
“Oh this is bull!” Seungri exclaimed and walked away, leaving everyone behind him surprised.
 
“Sorry about that,” CL heard Bom said, probably to her aunt. “He’s just. . .”
 
“Jealous,” TOP said. “He likes Sohee.”
 
“Sohee?” her aunt asked.
 
“Yes,” Youngbae answered with a sigh. “But the thing is, she’s Jiyong’s girlfriend, so. . .”
 
CL whipped around and looked at Jiyong and Sohee then her eyes darted to Dara, who was obviously trying to keep herself calm and composed. “It’s not really surprising, is it?” she heard herself ask loudly. “We’ve always known Seungri’s like this.”
 
- - -
 
“You’re so cuuuute, aren’t you?” Minzy smiled at the baby girl as they lounged in a wide room. CL had the little one on her lap and it was quite obvious that the little girl was enjoying all the attention being thrown to her. TOP, Dara and Daesung were also with them in the room since Bom, Youngbae and CL’s aunt were preparing for something, as what CL’s aunt called it. They were not sure where Seungri was. Jiyong and Sohee said they have to go somewhere but said they’ll be back as soon as they can.
 
“I need to go to the restroom; can you take care of her for me for a while?” CL asked, facing Minzy.
 
“Sure,” Minzy answered, smiling at the baby girl. The girl giggled and waved her arms excitedly, making the two girls laugh.
 
“I’ll be back,” CL said to Hye Ji. The baby made adorable sounds, that made Daesung chuckle. Even he could not resist the charms of the baby.
 
“I didn’t know you had this in you, baby MinMin,” TOP chuckled as soon as CL was out.
 
Minzy glared at him but then, an idea came to her. She stood up and gave TOP a smile. Without any warning, she placed the baby on his lap, saying, “Hold her for a minute.”
 
“W-wha-?” TOP blurted, holding the baby up. The baby shrieked a giggle.
 
“She likes you,” Minzy smiled evilly.
 
“Y-ya!” TOP said in panic. “YA!”
 
“I’ll just go ahead and take a glass of water,” Minzy said.
 
“YA!” TOP called out. “Why you-! Ya!”
 
TOP looked at the baby he was holding up. The moment he did, the girl let out a cute, girlish and infant-ish laugh. “Hye Ji likes you!” Daesung exclaimed, disbelief in his voice. TOP was not sure what to feel but he could feel himself getting uncomfortable and tensed as the seconds ticked by. Then, out of nowhere, Dara, who was sitting beside him, laughed out loud.
 
He hadn’t heard that sound for so long that he could only stare at her in amazement. But then, it was soon replaced by irritation. “What are you laughing at?!” he snapped.
 
“T. . .t-the look on y-y-your face!” she said in between her hysterical laughter. “I-it’s. . . BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
 
 
TOP’s face turned red, making Daesung laugh with Dara. Then, Hye Ji joined in on the fun.
 
“Having fun?” a voice entered.
 
Dara was so busy laughing to even notice that someone spoke. TOP was caught in mixed emotions upon seeing Dara laugh again and having to put up in an embarrassing and annoying situation. It was Dae who first noticed. “Dara found TOP amusing,” Dae explained. “He was being amusing, really. Even Hye Ji could not help but laugh.”
 
“I’ve always found TOP amusing,” Jiyong went on.
 
It was then that Dara heard his voice. Her laughter died down instantly. She looked behind her and saw him, alone. “W-where’s Sohee?” she asked and she hated herself for asking it.
 
“She’s sleeping, she said she’s tired,” Jiyong answered and threw himself in a nearby couch.
 
Dara’s eyes were fixed on him. Thousand of thoughts floated around her mind that she could mot pick up what they were about. There are about a million words she would want to say too but they got drowned inside . Now that he was near, now that she saw him again, her awareness for his presence came back again. There was something about his aura, his presence that she would always recognize even if he wasn’t beside her. “J-jiyong, can we-?”
 
“Gosh! I’m so tired!” Bom’s voice came in. But then, she suddenly stopped in her tracks upon seeing Hye Ji being carried by TOP. “YA!” she screamed. “WHAT DO YOU THINK ARE YOUR CLAWS DOING, HOLDING MY DAUGHTER LIKE THAT?!” she thundered, lunging forward to snatch her daughter away from TOP’s claws. The moment she did, Hye Ji started crying while stretching her cute little fist towards TOP, who looked like he just had his most traumatic experience ever.
 
Seeing the look on his face, Dara momentarily forgot about what she’s about to ask from Jiyong. She started laughing again, unable to stop herself.
 
“If I see you anywhere near my daughter again, you’re dead!” Bom warned and walked away, trying to calm Hye Ji’s loud whines.
 
“I’d rather die!” TOP shouted back to her, looking pissed and traumatized. His eyes then darted to Daesung, who immediately stopped laughing. But someone else was still laughing as if there’s no tomorrow – Dara. He looked at her then, she was almost rolling in her seat. “Oh, so you think it was funny, didn’t you?”
 
“Y-yes. . .”
 
TOP turned red and was about to say something rude and harsh but then, embarrassment ate him up. “Aish!” he exclaimed and walked away.
 
Dara stood up and ran after him, still laughing. But at the back of her mind, she could feel two eyes on her.
 
- - -
 
DARA’S POV
 
The following day, we all headed to the Valley’s river. I wasn’t comfortable about it, actually. There were memories in this place that makes me want to cry and I can’t help but wonder if he’s remembering them, too. I glanced at him but he wasn’t looking at me. He never looks at me unless it’s necessary. He had his eyes fixed on Sohee. It hurts. I am hurting. I can’t help it. I wanted to pull Sohee’s hair out, or wipe that smile off her face everytime she looks up at Jiyong, looking in love. I hate it. I hate it so much that it’s making it hard for me breathe properly.
 
I don’t know what the point of this reunion was if some of us were not enjoying it. I could not fully enjoy everything eventhough I’m happy that CL is back, who was currently talking to Sohee, Jiyong, Youngbae and Bom. She was just telling them what her life was and stuff. Dae seemed to enjoy talking to CL’s aunt while munching on some food. Minzy was all captured by Hye Ji.
 
Seungri was. . . well, Seungri had this dark cloud hanging above him. He seemed to be in a very bad mood and he usually just kept to himself. I actually felt bad and sorry for him. This was not the Seungri I knew. As for TOP, well, he still can’t get over what happened yesterday. I smiled at the thought. The look on his face. . . it was something I would always remember. And I was silently grateful to him. I haven’t laughed or smiled for a long time. Laughing at him yesterday made me feel a bit lighter, but it did not lessen the pain in my heart.
 
TOP suddenly whistled, making me glance at him. “What happened to him?”
 
I followed his gaze and my eyes landed on Jiyong, who took off his black shirt. His scars were glistening under the sun. I held my breath. The sight of those scars used to make me cry before, knowing how much pain it could have brought him to leave scars like those. I felt longing inside me, longing to touch them, to trace each curve with my finger and to kiss those scars. Looking at it now, I felt both pain, longing and. . . and pride. Yes, pride. I’ve touched those scars, traced each curve and kissed them. Those scars. . . they proofs how strong Jiyong is, my pancake.
 
Intense pain suddenly filled my whole system. I watched as Sohee, who was wearing a two-piece bikini, pulled Jiyong with her towards the river. Jiyong suddenly scooped her up and threw her on his shoulder, making the latter laugh. Then, he threw her to the river, gently. Sohee emerged a while later and wrapped her arms around Jiyong, still laughing. And then, Jiyong pulled her down with him under the water. A memory suddenly flashed into my mind, the memory of Jiyong pulling me with him under the water and kissing me. I tried so hard not think of it, but a vision of Sohee and Jiyong kissing under the water right now; a vision of Sohee touching Jiyong’s scars, tracing each curve and kissing them filled my mind that a broken sound involuntarily came out from my mouth. I stood up abruptly and turned away, heading nowhere in particular.
 
And I know he would follow me, that he would try to comfort me, try to take away the pain caused by another man. I know.
 
I only stopped when I was sure nobody else would see, nobody else would hear, nobody else would know how broken I am, except him. of course, TOP had seen me at night, at day, of how I forced myself to live everyday in the past four months. There was nothing to hide from him anymore. He already heard me scream in my nightmares, he already saw me crying nonstop, he already know why I’m here, leaning against a tree while clutching my heart, biting my lower lip so hard that it I could taste the bitterness of my own blood in my tongue, digging my nails in my palm as I tried to distract myself from the pain that’s about to consume me like an unstoppable fire. But it was no use. I cried. I broke down. And he was there, silent, firm and warm – holding me to keep my broken self together.
 
 
 
SEUNGRI’S POV
 
Yeah, I was enjoying everything. Everything. Bom and Youngbae are happily married with a daughter, the sight of Jiyong and Sohee together are totally bearable, the look on Dara’s face everytime she looks at the two looks funny, then there’s TOP – always staying beside her, and of course, CL’s here. Perfect, just exactly the time of my life.
 
“H-hey.”
 
I looked up. Speaking of, there she is, looking down at me with a hesitant smile on her face. She reached out a can of alcohol to me, to which I accepted. She then sat just a safe distance on my right.
 
“How are you?” she asked. I didn’t say anything. I kept my eyes on Sohee and Jiyong in the river. Bom, Youngbae and the siblings were there, too. But they didn’t matter. Nothing matters. “It’s been so long, isn’t it? Do you still remember –?”
 
“I’m not interested in walking down the memory lane,” I cut off.
 
She went silent for a moment. “Sohee’s pretty and cute,” she commented.
 
“I know she is,” I answered, taking a gulp from the can upon seeing Sohee wrapped around Jiyong’s body.
 
“She’s really nice, too.”
 
“The total opposite of you,” I snorted.
 
“Seungri –,”
 
I sighed loudly. “Thanks for the drinks, but I would have really appreciated it if you haven’t come back.”
 
“Why are you being like this? We’re supposed to be. . . f-friends. I don’t know what I did wrong for you to treat me like this!”
 
I chuckled. “Don’t worry, Chaerin-ah, you didn’t do anything wrong. I just don’t like the sight of you, if you know what I mean. You’re not that pleasing to the sight, seeing you irritates my eyes. So I’d rather not see you at all. In fact, it would be better if you just turned invisible.”
 
“That’s really mean. . .”
 
I shrugged.
 
“Fine,” she said. She stood up and walked away. She went to the edge of the river, took off her shirt and shorts, revealing a skimpy swimwear underneath it.
 
I crushed the can in my hand then threw it away. I stood up and turned to leave. I had enough for today. This is such a time-wasting thing.
 
- - -
 
AUTHOR’S POV
 
Later that night, they went to the arena’s club to drink. Dae and Minzy were already dancing, oblivious and careless to the tension surrounding the others. Seungri was slumped in the seat, drinking and drinking and well, drinking. Bom was keeping the atmosphere alive while Youngbae was still his calm and silent self, smiling and laughing on the right places, drinking once in a while. Dara, on the other hand, still had her eyes fixed on Jiyong, who had his arm draped on at the back of the leather seat, his hand touching Sohee’s shoulder. Jiyong was wearing an earring – a black fang earring while his hair was tied in a careless knot again. He was smoking and drinking at the same time. The same goes to Sohee, she was smoking and drinking, too. Sohee and Bom kept on talking and talking on random things. They were keeping the conversation on the table going.
 
Dara took a deep breath when Jiyong leaned on Sohee’s ear and whispered something. She then looked away.
 
“Want some of these?” she heard TOP ask beside her. She glanced at him and saw that he was offering her a bottle of alcohol.
 
“I guess,” she murmured and took the bottle. She looked at it first. Then, she took it down in one go, the liquid burning . But she ignored it. When she consumed it, she felt a bit lightheaded and giddy. “Ahh. . .” she sighed. Then, she took another bottle, then another, and another and another and another. . . until she lost count of it. She started giggling and laughing. Out of nowhere, she stood up, raised her arms up and shouted, “Wohoo!”
 
She heard someone chuckle. She looked down at TOP and saw him grinning at her. She smiled back at him. “I want to hic dance,” she told him.
 
“Go ahead,” he said.
 
She grinned wider. “Kekekekeke.
 
Swaying a little, she was about to go to the dancefloor when a hand caught her arm. “You’re drunk,” someone said. It was Jiyong.
 
She looked back at him, pouting. “I’m not hic drunk. I. . had only. . this small amount of alcohol. .” she said, showing him her thumb and forefinger which were an inch apart from each other. She looked at it and frowned. She bowed a little and tried to measure the bottle of alcohol. “Oh, it doesn’t match, hahahahahahaha.”
 
“You shouldn’t have let her drink this much.”
 
“Eh?” Dara asked.
 
“Dara is old enough to make her own decisions,” she heard TOP say.
 
“Ya!” she turned to him. “I’m not that old yet! Who are you calling old?!”
 
“No one,” TOP smiled, standing up. “I thought you want to dance? What are you still doing here?”
 
“Oh!” she exclaimed. “Right! I forgot, hihihihi. Will you dance with me, then? I’m telling you, Choi Seunghyun, I’m a very good dancer, so if you –”
 
“Yeah, right,” Jiyong snorted.
 
“I’m pretty sure I could keep up with you,” TOP told Dara but his eyes were on Jiyong.
 
“Aaaah, you’re challenging me, eh? We’ll see hic about that. Come on then, you handsome giant.”
 
As soon as they reached the dance floor, Dara started dancing; at least that’s what she calls it. TOP was more than shocked. He had never seen anything like it. “This is the washing machine dance,” she said and made some crazy movements. “This is the running chicken dance. . . . . . . this is a whale dance. . . . . penguin dance. . . . . . . roller coaster dance. . . . . . . ferris wheel dance. . . . . .”
 
And on and it went. TOP could stare at her in embarrassment at first but then, he started laughing. Dara, you really are something, he thought. It was crazy! She even had a pillow dance, a butterfly dance to which she totally looked like a stung ballerina. Others were starting to laugh at her, others were as shocked as he was or as embarrassed as he was the first time. Everyone eventually cleared away from the middle of the dance floor since Dara totally owned it.
 
But then, she noticed that he was not dancing. “What kind of a dance is that?” she asked. “Aha! I know! That’s called a tree dance, isn’t it? Of course it is, trees just stay upright, not moving. Tsk, you’re not hic creative. I WON!”
 
At the corner of TOP’s eye, he saw Jiyong stood up, went up the stage and whispered something on the man playing the music there. The music then changed into Latin song. Everyone started clapping and cheering. Only two words came to TOP’s mind: dirty dancing.
 
And he was right. Jiyong pulled Sohee to the dancefloor and started dancing. He could not deny it, Jiyong was a good dancer. After a while, other couples joined them, even Bom and Youngbae started dirty dancing, too. He turned to Dara, her eyes on Jiyong and Sohee. He was ready if ever she’s going to run away or break down but then, she started laughing. “Look at them, they looked like earthworms! It’s an earthworm dance, then? Kekekeke, let’s do that, too!”
 
Instead of doing it, TOP pulled Dara into his arms and hugged her tightly. “I know you’re tired, let’s rest for a bit,” he whispered.
 
“Kekeke, I can just imagine how tiring a tree dance is,” she laughed. “But if you say so,” she finished, burying her head in his chest. “Thank you by the way,” she giggled.
 
 
A while later, TOP pulled Dara back to their table. She was still laughing. “Aigoo! A tree dance!! Bwahahahahahahaha!
 
“You’re making fun of me,” he grimaced.
 
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
 
“If I didn’t know better, I would take you to a mental institute right now.”
 
“Aigoo, I need to pee, hehe,” she giggled. “Pee, pee, pee. Oh! I think I have a new dance step, a pee dance! I’ll show. . .ugh! I really need to pee. Just stay hic here, I’ll be back to show you my pee dance!”
 
TOP groaned as she started swaying away from him. He slapped his forehead after seeing that instead of heading to the rest room, Dara was heading to a different direction. He stood up and started following her.
 
 
 
Dara can’t help but giggle as she thought that she was floating and spinning around. as turned into a corner, she saw two people kissing hard. She narrowed her eyes, trying to see who they were. She then recognized them. Sohee was pushed against the wall, her lips locked tightly with Jiyong who had his hand inside her shirt.
 
Dara giggled, not really sure why. The two heard her and separated. “Oops!” she giggled. “Sorry, hihihi!”
 
“Dara, you –” TOP came in. upon seeing that Dara was giggling at something in front of her, he followed her gaze. One look at Jiyong and Sohee, he instantly knew what just had transpired; he knew what Dara just saw.
 
“Seunghyun-ah, look!” Dara chuckled, pointing a finger at the two. “Earthworms! Hahahahahahahaha!”
 
“It seemed like this place is already taken, Dara,” TOP said. “Let’s find other private places so you could what you said you wanted to do to me a while ago.”
 
Dara turned to him and giggled - a look of mischief in her eyes. She tiptoed and whispered in a very low voice in his ear, “The pee dance?”
 
“Yes, exactly!”
 
“Oooh!” she giggled. “Let’s go then! I’m excited to show you how good I’ll be. . . hic hihihihi. . .”
 
TOP wrapped her arms around Dara and started pulling her with him. As they walked past by Jiyong and Sohee, the other guy suddenly grabbed his arm. “What do you think are you doing?” he demanded.
 
TOP raised his brows at Jiyong. “Dara, you do want to show me how good you are, don’t you?”
 
“Of course!” Dara giggled. “Eww, the earthworm is touching you!”
 
TOP smirked at Jiyong. “Let go, I don’t want Dara to be disgusted with me just because an earthworm touched me.”
 
Jiyong glanced at Dara for a brief moment then back at TOP. After a while, he let go of TOP’s arm.
 
“Let’s go, Dara.”
 
“Let’s go!” Dara cheered. “Agogogogogogoooo!
 
 
 
TOP brought her out to the forest.
 
“Wait,” she said. “I really need to pee, hihihihihi. Turned around, I’ll just pee here,” she giggled.
 
TOP turned away. She started singing as she peed, making him shake his head. When she was done, she started singing and laughing again, walking and jumping at the same time deeper into the forest. When she grew tired, she threw her arms around him and buried her face in his chest, still laughing. But then, she turned silent after a few minutes. TOP felt it then, her tears soaking the front of his shirt. Not long after that, she started crying out loud. He threw his head back at looked up, his fists balled tightly on his side. As she cried louder, he closed his eyes, jaw clenching. But he let her be.
 
 
 
-----
 
Ladies and gentlemen, ANNYEONG! LOLs. Ooh, read some of your theories. Hmm, one or two of you guys (not sure)  hit jackpot when as to who among 2ne1 would be gone. However, as to who would die from BB, as far as I know, no one guessed it correctly yet.. i'm not sure though.
 
Anyways, so sorry for the typos and grammar errors!! huhuhuhu.. MIAN!!
 
Anyways, got some lovely banners here:
 
nogardsevolarad
(10-45) The Black Phoenix by nogardsevolarad
 
iamhoneybunch
(10-46) The Black Phoenix by iamhoneybunch
 
 
HUHUHUHU, Thank you so much guys for still making banners for me and for showing your support!! It really means a lot! FIGHTING!!!