The Polluted Mind

The Black Phoenix

 

*banner by anonymoes
--
 
After a week, I found out that there’s much truth in what Daesung said. TOP’s quite famous among the girls but Jiyong. . . I’ve been hearing his name from girls everwhere! There was this one time while I was in the comfort room when I overheard some sophomore girls talking about him. There’s also this time when I saw MY pancake walking down the corridor with his usual black hoodie get up, head bowed and hands inside his pockets stance that I saw some freshmen following him with dreamy looks on their faces. Okay, I know Jiyong doesn’t entertain them. That guy can be really snob, rude and mean so I don’t really understand why these girls are going gaga over him. I shook my head. Like those traits of him mattered to me before. Even if I knew he was rude, I still fell in love with him. I just hope these girls won’t see him smile because once they do, there’ll be a pandemonium! Aish! But of course, I’m not letting Jiyong know I’ve been checking him out. He’ll be pissed if he finds out. Aigoo!
 
I lingered in my hiding place for a moment and waited for him to turn into another corner. I quickly came and silently ran after him. I found an empty corridor as I turned around the corner. Eh? Where did he go? Oh, maybe he went to the men’s room! That’s right.
 
Minutes passed but no Jiyong came out from the men’s room so I decided to check up on him. I shuddered a little as I entered the men’s territory. Aigoo, I shouldn’t be here, I know. But I’m just worried over my pancake. I scanned the whole place but I saw no one. Where did he go?
 
“You’ve been stalking me” an awfully familiar voice came from behind me. Oh God, I’m busted!
 
“Jiyong!” I greeted, feigning a surprised expression as I turned around to face him. “What are you doing here?”
 
“Shouldn’t I ask you that question?” he returned with raised brows.
 
“Well, I. . . I was just touring around, you know. Getting myself familiarized with everything here”
 
“Touring around?” he repeated.
 
“Yes” I grinned.
 
“In a men’s room?” he asked cynically and leaned against the wall with his arms across his chest.
 
Aish! Why does he have to look so hot in that position? It’s making my brain all fired up. He’s creating chaos in my mind! I can’t think of a good excuse to say. “Well. . . you see, I was just wondering how. . . ahm, like I said, I was just touring around and. . . .”
 
“You’ve been stalking me” he said. “Why?”
 
“I’m not stalking you! I was just checking if – oh crap!”
 
He gave a heart laugh. “Come here”
 
“I’m not stalking you” I mumbled shyly as I walked up to him. I kept my head bowed as I reached him. Aigoo, this is embarrassing!
 
“Hmm” he murmured, catching my chin in between his fingers and lifted my face up. When I saw his head leaned down, I immediately closed my eyes and parted my lips in anticipation. When his hot breath blew into my opened mouth, heat automatically filled my veins and ran through my system.
 
I clutched the front of his hoodie tightly, letting out a strangled moan. When his tongue slipped to meet mine, my knees went jelly that I could have fallen to the floor if not for his arms holding me up. My breath hitched as the kiss went deeper. I felt a sense of satisfaction as I started hearing his heavy breathing. I leaned in closer to further deepen the kiss. Gosh, I just can’t get enough of him! Why is that, eh?
 
Then, the kiss went slower and sweeter until he finally pulled back. I smiled shyly at him which was responded by a light chuckle.
 
“How can you still blush like that when you already me before?” he playfully asked.
 
“Shut up” I mumbled. My eyes suddenly went wide when I felt him squeeze one buttock. Aigoo, what a weird habit he got!
 
“We should leave” he then said. “We don’t want to get caught in here, do we?”
 
“Yeah, we should” I agreed.
 
“Stop being so naughty, will you?”
 
“I’m not being naughty!” I disagreed as we walked hand in hand down the empty corridor.
 
“Stop being a ert then”
 
“I am not a ERT!” I exclaimed. “You’re the ert!”
 
“You’re the one who makes the first move most of the times. You’re , admit it” he teased.
 
“I am not!” I protested.
 
“You’re blushing like hell!” he chuckled.
 
“I am not!” I denied.
 
He pulled his hand away from mine and patted my head. “Go to your class and don’t be too friendly and playful to other boys”
 
I stuck my tongue out at him but he only winked at me and laughed away.  Ah, I’ve got the BEST boyfriend ever!
 
“So, that’s how you liked it, huh?” a familiar deep voice came from behind me.
 
I sharply turned around. “TOP!”
 
“TOP!” he mimicked.
 
“What are you doing here?” I asked.
 
“Is it really surprising to see me around the school’s premises?” he retorted. “I study here too, you know”
 
I glared at him. What a sarcastic person he is, tch. Then, his words suddenly made me frown. “What did you mean with what you said a while ago?”
 
“Your boyfriend”
 
“What about him?” I asked, my eyes narrowed in suspicion. Omo! Is he going gay over Jiyong?!?
 
He shrugged. “Just a conclusion”
 
“Ya! Stop talking in riddles”
 
“I wondered before why and how you two get along with each other” he said. “You’re like little miss sunshine while he’s mister darkness”
 
I paused. That’s exactly how I felt before about me and Jiyong. “Didn’t you know? Opposite attract”
 
“I heard about that” he scoffed. “But differences between two people would always come along the way”
 
“Why are you so pessimistic?” I growled. “And might I remind you, you haven’t answered my question yet”
 
You just seemed the kind of girl that wants to be seen PUBLICLY with her boyfriend so I was curious why you’re involved with Kwon Jiyong when he’s been obviously neglecting you but after seeing what I just saw a while ago, I finally understand”
 
“Understand what?”
 
“That you prefer a guy who acts like he doesn’t know you in front of other people BUT acts differently when no one’s around. That’s pretty easy to do but definitely not my kind of thing”
 
“Are you, in any way, an alien? I swear, I can’t understand anything that comes out from your mouth”
 
“I may not be a normal person but I’m definitely not an alien” he snorted. “It’s your BRAIN that needs some fixing”
 
“‘I may not be a normal person but I’m definitely not an alien’” I mimicked. “It’s YOUR brain that needs some fixing”
 
He chuckled. “Go to your class, you’re already late”
 
“Omo!” I exclaimed, suddenly remembering my class. “Aish! This is your fault!”
 
 
 
TOP’S POV
 
I can’t help but shake my head as she bounced away. It’s already taken that she’s no-ordinary girl but just now, she just showed me that she’s not normal mentally. Ha! I’m not really a territorial person but ever since that Kwon Jiyong arrived here, things had changed. The girls’ attention, for example – not that I’m saying I’m enjoying their attention but it still surprised me to see the girls who used to gaze at me dreamily had their eyes on Jiyong now. Of course, HIM being a direct descendant’s a big kick in my gut already. Not just that, the well-announced engagement of Ahn Sohee and that guy caused a BIG talk before. I wonder if Sandara knew about it. Does she even know who Kwon Jiyong is, or WHAT he is?
 
But it doesn’t really matter if she knew or not. Based from what I’ve seen so far, she’d still accept whoever or whatever Jiyong is – a shadow. Heck, I even think the girl would befriend a kidnapper if given the chance.
 
I took a deep sigh. I seriously don’t understand why I have to attend my classes. I’m not dumb, lazy maybe. I just find sitting on a chair and listening to lessons boring. But since that’s what the old lady wants, I don’t really have a choice. I may be someone people can’t imagine, but I’m not an ungrateful bastard. Oh wait, let me rephrase that. I’m not an ungrateful person. Bastard – yeah, that’s me.
 
Heaving a deep sigh, I started heading to class. Nobody really paid that much attention to me. They’re pretty used to seeing me late or even come and go to class. Before, the male population of this special class used to be just six – me, Daesung, Jang Wooyoung, Lee Minho, Park Taehwan and Choi Siwon but now, we’re seven since Kwon Jiyong added up to that population. Most of the population’s made up with girls, actually. I’m not really sure what they call them but the girls in this class have shadow blood running in their veins only, they don’t possess abilities such as the boys have. I dropped down on my chair, totally bored. My eyes strayed to Kwon Jiyong. Sandara’s obviously into him and he obviously sees the girl special. Too bad he met her first. I bet she wouldn’t risk a glance at him if she met me first. Not that I’m boasting but I’m good looking compared to him. Oh well, I’d still try my charms on his girlfriend. That girl, she sure is something else. And I have to think of ways on how to get her for myself. It won’t be easy since the guy obviously had a few years of advantage against me. I don’t even know what her likes and dislikes. But I’ll soon find out. I’m a pretty observant person, anyways, I’m not saying I’m good at observing people but I CAN observe. Does that make sense?
 
- - -
 
JIYONG’S POV
 
I was on my way to the apartment when a girl suddenly appeared in front of me. Ugh, not again! This would be the thousandth time this week! I tilted my head to the side and checked her up and down. With a shake of my head, I evaded her and started walking away.
 
“W-wait!” she called.
 
I didn’t stop.
 
“Wait, J-jiyong” she called again and ran in front of me.
 
“What do you want?” I frowned.
 
“I. . . I just wanted to give you this” she breathlessly said and held her hands up, where a heart-shaped box lay.
 
I grimaced. “I’m not a fan of chocolates”
 
“B-but. . .” she flushed. “There’s no harm in accepting this”
 
“No harm?” I echoed. “Let’s say I accept that, what would happen then? You’d go to your friends and tell them that Kwon Jiyong accepted your HEART and you’d somehow feel special because out of the thousand girls who attempted to give me something for just this week, I accepted yours”
 
“It’s not really like that” she mumbled.
 
“Stop wasting your time” I retorted. “And you should tell the others too. I already had my eyes set on someone”
 
“You already. . . .? W-who?”
 
I glared at her. “It’s none of your ing business” I gritted and walked away. Stupid sophomore girl. I guess that would be somehow my fault since I’ve been keeping everyone’s attention off me and Dara. I’ve got a few good reasons for that. First, I’m simply not used to PDAs. Second, I pretty much know about my popularity here since they announced the engagement of Kwon Jiyong and the school director’s daughter, Ahn Sohee. I’ve seen how Dara reacts everytime Sohee’s name is mentioned and I know people will be comparing them and I don’t want Dara to hear that. Third, Dara’s already a shadow magnet. Having shadows as rivals are already a tough fit, if I go public with Dara, everybody would have their eyes on us and the human boys might just notice her unusual. . . aura. Fourth, there might be some students who’d go to harming Dara because of it. I’m fully aware of Sohee’s supporters and friends watching me. She’s pretty popular here, too. But I know in time, they’ll know about me and Dara. It’s inevitable, I know. We’ll just have to face it then. But for now, I’ll let the spoof girl adjust to the new environment I brought her into first.
 
Upon reaching the apartment, I felt myself smile at the audible sound coming from the kitchen. I closed the door behind me a bit loudly so she’ll know I already arrived. And just as I expected, she came running to greet me with a huge smile on her face.
 
“Paancaaake!” she greeted in an ecstatic voice. She jumped off the floor and threw herself at me, her arms and legs wrapped around me.
 
“What the ?!” I breathed.
 
“Ya!” she loudly said, slapping my mouth. “Tch, you just missed a kiss. I won’t kiss your swearing mouth!”
 
“That’s fine with me” I shrugged nonchalantly. “I can live without your kisses”
 
“You’re a liar!” she growled.
 
“And you’re a ” I chuckled. “Now, get off me”
 
“No”
 
“Dara” I wearily sighed.
 
“No” she stubbornly refused. “You have to walk me to the kitchen”
 
“Get off, Dara”
 
“NO” she emphasized. “Not until you call me pancake first”
 
Aish! This girl, really! With a shake of my head, I walked to the kitchen and told her to get off. She pouted before letting go and turning her attention to the food she’s frying. I kissed and nipped the side of her neck before whispering the words, “I’ll join you in a while”
 
“Where are you going?” she asked.
 
“I’ll just take a bath”
 
“Can I join you?” she eagerly asked.
 
“You’re cooking. You don’t want to burn the apartment, do you?”
 
“Oh right” she mumbled. “I forgot”
 
“That only shows how polluted your mind is” I feigned a stern tone, earning myself a glare from her.
 
“Go away” she waved off.
 
I laughed at the look on her face before walking to our room. I dropped my things on the study table first before pulling my clothes off and throwing them to the laundry basket, with my phone on one hand. Stepping inside the bathroom, I fiddled through my phone and went to my music player. As Meg and Dia’s Masterpiece started playing, I stepped into the shower stall.
 
 I am no masterpiece where innocence is painted green.
Isn't it strange to think that you created all of me?
Done by the hands of a broken artist.
You painted black where my heart is.
 
I closed my eyes as the spray of water hit my scarred body. I emptied my mind and just thought of the song’s words in my mind, silently humming under my breath.
 
Carved like a stone with your hands still shaking.
On display through a soul still breaking.
Aren't you proud you're the one that made me?
Aren't you proud you're the one that made me?
 
I bent my head down.
 
You can't erase these.
Lines you can't save me.
You can't display me.
You know what dismay means.
I can't even try to.
Remember what I knew.
Before I became your.
Model to claim no.
I took a deep breath.
 
I grew tired.
You expired.
You finished me.
Now that I'm all that you planned.
What do you think?
 
 
It took me two songs before finishing my shower up. I wrapped one towel around my waist while drying my hair with another. Stepping back into the room, I immediately went to the closet and pulled on a brief and shorts out. Not bothering to wear a shirt on, I walked out of the room and into the kitchen.
 
“Need help?” I lazily drawled.
 
“You can set the plates out” she answered without facing me.
 
“Okay” I huffed and went to set the plates on the table.
 
“I’m done!” she cheerfully announced. “So, how was your-?” she stopped as she turned around and saw me standing just a few feet away from her. Good thing I was able to catch the place containing our dinner before it totally slipped from her hands.
 
“Are you alright?” I worriedly asked. She looked. . . shocked.
 
She gulped first before answering. “You’re so y” she breathlessly squeaked.
 
I rolled my eyes but then, I wasn’t able to stop myself from laughing. Damn this girl! How could she pull such comic act in an unusual and unexpected way?
 
“Ya! You’re making me blush!” I said, faking a shy look.
 
“Ji-jiyong?” she softly whispered.
 
“Hmm?”
 
“Can we. . . can we just eat later?”
 
My smile froze. With a shake of my head, I gave a light chuckle. “I’m hungry” I told her. “So we’re going to eat NOW”
 
“Party poop” she mumbled and walked away from me with her nose sticking up in the air. I shook my head and joined her in the table. I was already expecting a silent meal since I pretty know how she is everytime she’s having tantrums or having childish acts on me. I know she’s just acting up sometimes so I’ll woo her. I don’t really have a problem with that but there are times that I find myself asking if that’s really the kind of person I am – wooing a girl. But then again, she’s not really just any girl to me. She’s much, much more than that.
 
I’ve been having a lot of confusing thoughts lately. It’s like she’s creating a new person in me and the other person inside me is not letting the other overrule him. It’s quite complicated but for a shadow, I’m normally selfish but there are other times that I just found myself wanting to. . .give or something like that. It’s like the normal me, which is mostly from darkness is fighting against the new person that Dara’s bringing out.
 
“I miss the gang”
 
“Call them then” I answered absentmindedly.
 
“Rude” she retorted. “I’m trying to open a conversation”
 
“I’m not being rude” I answered.
 
“Yes, you are” she insisted. “I just hope you’re rude to the girls drooling over you, too”
 
I stared at her for a while. Then, I suddenly burst out laughing.
 
--------
*banners for Spinster's by daragonlai!!
(13-1) The Spinster's Curse by daragonlai
(13-2) The Spinster's Curse by daragonlai
(13-3) The Spinster's Curse by daragonlai
 
Love lots!! mwah..
xoxo
hagocimit