The Dark Moon

The Black Phoenix
new banner again!! yay!! credits to aerenea23!!
------

 

“Are you sure” I asked Kevin for the nth time.
 
“Fine” he smiled.
 
“It was wise of you to bring some band-aids” I sighed.
 
“They come in handy” he said. “Thank you for shooing the crows away. Though I admit you’re kind of funny doing that. You even threatened them to call your boyfriend. Why?  Kwon Jiyong’s not very fond of birds, eh?”
 
I grimaced. “It’s not really like that” I mumbled.
 
“What’s with the face?” he asked. “You missed him already?”
 
“Sort of” I sighed. “Well. . . it’s just that I don’t want to be separated from him”
 
He chuckled. “I think we should eat”
 
“Yeah,w e should” I agreed, glad that he changed the subject. Tch, I really need to know more about shadows. . . and crows. I need to know how to differentiate an ordinary crow from a shadow in his crow form. But. . . gah! They all look the same to me.
 
As we ate lunch, we turned silent. Kevin. . . well, he’s a very quiet person. And I was pretty much occupied of thinking about my pancake AGAIN that I didn’t bother opening a conversation or worrying about Kevin’s scratches and the sudden attack of the crows anymore. Yeah, Kwon Jiyong is the biggest distraction there ever is.
 
 
WAAAHHH!!!
 
I MISS HIM ALREADY!!!
 
Huhuhu. . . .
 
“Oh, I should call him! Aish! I’ll just miss him more. Hearing his voice without seeing him is tragic! But. . . but. . . I really want to talk to him.
 
Right after I ate lunch, I called him. “Pancake!” I whined the moment he answered the phone. “I miss you!”
 
“Stupid. . .” he said. “It’s not like we see each other everyday at school”
 
“But it’s different knowing you’re not here”
 
“I shouldn’t have told you then”
 
I pouted. Aish! I knew it. I knew he’d be like this. Gone is the sweet pancake who was charming during my birthday. “What are you doing now?”
 
“I’m trying to kill Seungri” he chuckled.
 
“Why? What did he do?”
 
“He’s being ridiculous” he said. “And stupid. Oh, he’s being pathetic also”
 
“Like you haven’t been through this before” I heard Seungri gritted.
 
“Why so?” I asked worriedly.
 
“He’s depressed because CL hasn’t called yet” he chuckled.
 
“Oh, is he okay?”
 
“He’s just being pathetic. Don’t worry about it”
 
I sighed. “Jiyong. . . everybody hates me. Kevin said it’s related to-.”
 
“Kevin?” he cut off.
 
“Yeah, he’s my classmate. I’m with him right now actually. I can’t eat at the cafeteria so I joined him here in the rooftop. Everybody’s looking at me like they want to kill me. Huhuhu. And the teachers. . . gah! They were so mean! They. . .”
 
And I went on and on and on.
 
“. . . and oh, it’s really weird. Just as we’re about to eat, three CROWS came flying out of nowhere and attacked Kevin! WEIRD, isn’t it?”
 
Silence.
 
“Jiyong?”
 
“The crows attacked your friend?”
 
“Yes, I was just telling you. Weren’t you even listening? Aish. You-!”
 
“Why would they attack him?” he said, sounding like he’s asking himself.
 
“How would I know? I’m NOT a crow”
 
“Are you alone with him on the rooftop right now?”
 
“Yes. I already told you that-.”
 
“Get away from there NOW”
 
“Why?” I asked.
 
“Because I said so”
 
“Aish! You’re being rude again”
 
“I’m coming back there” he said instead and ended the call.
 
Eh? What was that? Unable to stop myself, I giggled. I think I know what’s going on. It’s either he missed me too or he’s jealous. But I think it’s both. Mwahahahaha. Aigoo.
 
I suddenly blushed upon remembering that Kevin’s with me. Aigoo, he might think I’m crazy for giggling like that. As I was about to apologize, I found out hat he’s not in his place anymore. I looked around and saw him on his feet at the edge of the rooftop.
 
“Hey, what are you doing there?” I asked, pushing myself up on my feet.
 
“Just looking down” he answered without glancing back. He spread his arms wide as if welcoming the wind. “I wonder what it feels like to fly”
 
I chuckled and walked up to him, stopping besides him. “It feels free”
 
“You talk like you already flew before”
 
“It’s not really like that” I said. “It’s just my theory”
 
Grr. I don’t like lying and I’m not really good at it.
 
“If I get to choose on what I want to be on my next life, I want to be a bird” he dreamily said. “How about you?”
 
“I still want to be a human so I can love and be loved” I told him. I looked down. “Whoa!” I exclaimed and took a step back.
 
“Afraid of heights” he queried gently.
 
“Not really” I chuckled. “The height just took me by surprise that it made me dizzy. Ah, it’s really windy today”
 
I took a step forward again and glimpsed down for the second time. The sight didn’t make me too dizzy unlike the first time. I smiled. But then, I felt a gentle almost innocent pressure behind me and the next thing I knew, I was falling off from the rooftop.
 
“KWON JIYONG!!!” I shrieked and closed my eyes. Jiyong, help me! This isn’t happening. This is just a dream. This. . oh God. I’m going to die! Jiyong. . . Jiyong, I love you. Jiyong. . .
 
I suddenly felt two arms around me followed by a sensation. Even with my eyes closed, I knew a shadow came to my rescue. The sensation’s the feeling of being transported. Oh God, Jiyong came to save me!
 
Are you alright?”
 
I blinked my eyes and saw TOP’s face. “TOP?”
 
“Why did you jump off the roof?” he asked, settling me down on my feet. I didn’t answer at once, I admit I’m disappointed. I really thought it was Jiyong but I’m also glad I’m not dead.
 
“I didn’t jump” I told him then looked up with a frown on my face. “Kevin was. . .” I trailed when TOP suddenly disappeared in front of me. I quickly looked around and sighed in relief when I found no one was around.
 
“No one’s up there” TOP said, suddenly appearing in front of me. “Did he push you?”
 
I frowned. “No, he wouldn’t do that. He might be running down now to check on me”
 
“What happened anyways?” he asked.
 
“I’m not really sure” I told him, frowning. “Wait, what are you doing here? Jiyong said you don’t have any classes today”
 
“True” he nodded. “But I wanted to go to the library. I was actually on my way when I heard a scream so I came here”
 
I closed my eyes for a moment and exhaled slowly. “Thanks” I said, running my fingers through my hair. “I don’t know what would have happened to me. It’s. . . I’m . . . “
 
He suddenly took my hand and looked at it with a frown. I looked at my hand too and saw Jiyong’s ring. “This is a shadow ring” he quietly said.
 
“Yes” I smiled. “It’s beautiful, isn’t it?”
 
 
TOP’S POV
 
I’m not really sure if I should be pissed or angry. “Do you know what a shadow ring usually symbolizes?” I asked her.
 
“Err, no”
 
“If a shadow is wearing a shadow ring, it usually symbolizes power. But if a human is wearing it, it symbolizes ownership, just how pet owners give their pets collars”
 
Her eyes widened. “So you mean, it’s like Jiyong’s saying I’m his, that he owns me?”
 
“Yes” I answered. Unexpectedly, she squealed and jumped up and down.
 
“Omo, omo, omo! Really? Aigoo!” she exclaimed, blushing to the roots of her hair. “Aigoo, isn’t he the sweetest boyfriend ever?”
 
It wasn’t the reaction I expected. I expected her to feel at least annoyed or something. Usually, girls don’t like it when the guys are being possessive. But no, Dara has to be exceptional. What if I tell her the other implication of the ring? What if I tell her that wearing one is both good and bad?
 
Also, I’m surprised with how she can squeal like this when just a while ago, she almost died. Shouldn’t she be. . . shocked? With that thought, I suddenly remembered the time when she was stabbed outside the store. When she woke up, she didn’t show any distress related to what happened. Instead, she was stressed out with what Jiyong’s reaction would be. Could it be that she was put in a greater danger before? Could it be that she just copes up easily? Or could it be that everything else didn’t matter to her as long as Jiyong’s with her?
 
She should be crying right now. She should be speechless or pale or in shock. But no, she’s giggling giddily. With just the mention of Jiyong’s name, she went like this, forgetting what happened just a while ago.
 
“DARA!”
 
“Pancake!” Dara exclaimed, running to him? She then threw her arms around him. Great, she calls him pancake.
 
“You said you’re at the rooftop with Kevin?”
 
“I was” she said, pulling away a little. “But I fell off the-.”
 
Dara wasn’t able to finish her sentence because she was pushed aside by Jiyong. The next thing I knew, a punch landed on my face. It was too strong that I actually staggered to the ground. My reactions were instant. As I pulled myself up, I was ready to fight him in my shadow mode but when I saw him, I suddenly took a step backward.
 
“Dara, run away!” I shouted. “He’s not himself. He-!”
 
An invisible force had me back to the ground, making me groan out loud. Crap! I can’t even transfer myself. I should get out of here manually then. If I don’t, I’m going to die. Others call it dark times, dark attack while others termed it dark moon. It’s usually the time when the evil blood in our veins reign in, making us lose control.
 
“Jiyong. . .” I heard Dara called. I inwardly cursed. No, I can’t leave her with him. He’ll kill her too. I turned my head and was surprised to see Dara shielding me. She was standing in between me and her boyfriend. This girl is just plain stupid!
 
“Do you want to die too?” Jiyong asked her innocently but I heard the underlying bloodlust in his voice. I was bout to reach for Dara but he suddenly pinned me to the ground again. I groaned when Dara suddenly hugged Jiyong. What the hell is she doing?
 
“It’s okay” I heard her say. “It’s okay, I’m here. Calm down”
 
She’s trying to calm him down? Is she out of her mind? It’s impossible to stop someone going through this. I need to move but I can’t. I can only watch them.
 
“Spoof, stay away from him!” I gritted. I saw Jiyong’s eyes gleamed darker. Dara’s going to get herself killed with this! I wouldn’t be more surprised when she pulled away gently and cupped his face. What the HELL is she doing?
 
“Calm down” she cooed then gave Jiyong a peck on the lips. “I love you”
 
I grunted as I forced myself to a sitting position. My body hurts like hell but I need to get up. I looked up again. I could only stare in a mixture of shock and amazement. Jiyong was back to normal. The shadow part of me refused to believe that a mere human being could calm a shadow down like that. But the evidence was in front of me already. How am I going to find a different explanation for it?
 
“I’m sorry” I heard Jiyong said. “Did I hurt you?”
 
“No, you didn’t” Dara answered. I could just hear the smile she had on her face. And if things couldn’t get any worst, Jiyong pulled her in his arms and kissed her hard.
 
Oh sure, go on. Go ahead and eat each other’s lips out in front of me. I’m TOTALLY fine with it. Since nothing was holding me to the ground anymore, I was able to stand up, with difficulty, though. Unable to stand what’s going on in front of me, I growled loudly.
 
Dara pulled away and glanced at me briefly before looking back at her boyfriend. “You should apologize to TOP” she said. “He did nothing wrong. If it wasn’t for him, I don’t know what would have happened to me”
 
Jiyong frowned. “You saved her?” he asked, turning to me.
 
I can’t help but smirk. “Yes” I answered. “Good thing I was here”
 
His jaw clenched. He tore his eyes away from and turned back to DAra. “Where’s-?”
 
“DARA? Dara! Are you-?”
 
 
 
JIYONG’S POV
 
“Jiyong, don’t” Dara said as I was about to take a step forward towards the guy.
 
“Oh Dara, thank goodness you’re okay!”
 
“DON’T!” I warned Kevin as he also took a step forward towards Dara. I pulled the girl behind me. We stood in silence for a full minute. Something inside me suddenly erupted. Unable to stop myself, I launched forward, my hand automatically gripping Kevin’s neck while I pushed him against the wall at the same time.
 
“Jiyong!”
 
I ignored Dara. “Why?” I asked the guy.
 
“I. . . I don’t know what. . . I can’t breathe”
 
“Jiyong, let him go!”
 
“Can’t. . . . breathe. . .”
 
“KWON JIYONG!” Dara loudly called now.
 
Unwillingly, I let go of Kevin and took a step back. The guy coughed and bent over his knees. Dara quickly went to him, asking if he was okay and apologizing at the same time.
 
“I want to know what happened” I demanded Kevin. “Dara said the crows attacked you. Why?”
 
“I. . . I don’t know. I-,”
 
“What were you doing before they attacked you?”
 
“Jiyong, what are-?” Dara started.
 
“Shut up!” I hissed without glancing at her.
 
“I. . . I was taking my lunchbox out and my. . . utensils”
 
“Do you really think I’ll believe you?” I gritted.
 
“I-I’m telling the truth!” Kevin said. “I took out my fork when the crows suddenly attacked me”
 
“Then why did you push her off the-?!?”
 
“I didn’t push her!” he quickly answered.
 
“Why you son of a-!”
 
“KWON JIYONG!” Dara sounded pissed now.
 
“We were just looking down when a strong wind suddenly blew then the next thin I know, Dara was falling already. I tried to grab her but I was too late”
 
I exhaled. “Do you honestly think I’ll believe you?”
 
“I’m telling the truth!” he said. “Why would I push her? Why would I want her to get hurt? She’s my friend!”
 
My jaw clenched the same time my insides twisted in pure annoyance. “I’ve had enough of your lies!” I announced before relaunching myself at him. But before I could do that, Dara went in between us.
 
“Enough!” she said, wearing a very serious face.
 
“You believe everything he’s saying?” I asked in disbelief.
 
“Yes” she said. “I WAS there, I knew what happened. And you’re going over the line! First, you attacked TOP who by the way, happened to save me then you just attacked Kevin without even hearing his side of the story first. You can’t just go on attacking my friends like that”
 
“Are you joking?!” I exhaled. “Do you really think you’ll be blown away just like that?”
 
Her spine went stiff. “This wouldn’t happen if you were here to accompany me”
 
I straightened up and stared at her. “This wouldn’t happen if you just obeyed me and didn’t flirt with-!”
 
SLAP.
 
I closed my eyes for a moment then opened them again. I placed my hands on my hips the turned away. “!”
 
From behind me, I can hear Dara apologizing to Kevin. I ran my hand through my hair and walked away. I don’t want to hear her apologizing to that guy; I don’t want to hear her comforting him. I’m pissed, hella pissed. I’m pissed with myself, with TOP, with Kevin and with Dara. I stopped in my tracks as I felt a presence behind me. “What do you want?” I hissed.
 
“She was right, you know” TOP said. “This wouldn’t happen if-,”
 
“Are you lecturing me?” I breathed, facing him.
 
He shrugged. “Just saying”
 
“I guess now that you have saved her twice, you feel that you got the right to talk to me just like that”
 
“Expect me to always come around” he smirked. “You should be grateful. If it weren’t for me, what would have happened to her? And oh, one more thing, you shouldn’t have given her that ring. But since you already did, just make sure you’re always there so save her ‘coz if not, I might take the opportunity. The ring. . . it’s quite helpful to shoo coward shadows away. But what about your enemies? Once they see her wearing that ring, she might be in trouble”
 
“I won’t let anything ha-.”
 
“But you’re not always around you, are you?” he cut off. “But don’t worry about her, I’ll keep her safe and sound when you’re not around”
 
My fists balled tightly. Unable to stop the violence raging inside my head, I attacked him. I was surprised he didn’t fight back. He just let me punched him here and there, he didn’t even moved an inch to defend himself.
 
“KWON JIYONG! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?”
 
I stopped and looked up. Dara was staring at me with wide eyes. I was panting heavily so I didn’t bother answering her. I looked down at TOP. I could just make out the smirk under the damage I’ve done. It was then that I finally understood why h didn’t fight back; why he taunted me. I angrily pushed myself away from the ground the same time Dara went to her knees to check TOP.
 
“What’s wrong with you?” Dara asked, looking up at me.
 
“What’s wrong with me?” I repeated. “Everything’s wrong with me!”
 
“Jiyong, will you stop being-!”
 
“Oh, the hell off!” I snapped and walked away.
 
“Ya!” she called. “YA! KWON JIYONG!”
 
 
-------
Sorry for the typos and grammar errors!!
COMMENT REPLIES ON YOUR WALLS!
fighting!