The Public Acknowledgment

The Black Phoenix
*banner by daisuke
 
Chap goes out to Pau and Mon :D
---

 

=o=
 
DARA’S POV
 
“You can walk with us if you want” I told Kevin as we head out of the classroom. Classes were over and I’ll get to see my pancake again. Hehe.
 
“I’d love to” he smiled. “But I have some sort of meditation classes”
 
“Oh, like yoga?” I earnestly asked.
 
“Yeah, sort of” he answered. “You can join me, if you want”
 
“I’ll ask my boyfriend first” I smiled at him.
 
“Do you really have to ask him everytime?” a voice came from behind me. I rolled my eyes upon recognizing TOP’s voice. I introduced both boys to each other. Kevin greeted TOP pleasantly while the later just nodded.
 
“Well, I have to go” Kevin said. “See you around”
 
“Yeah, see you” I smiled and waved at him as he went away.
 
“Is he another boyfriend of yours?” TOP asked.
 
“No” I said, glaring at him.
 
“What?” he innocently asked.
 
“What are you doing here anyways? And where are the siblings?”
 
“They’re at the choir practice” he shrugged.
 
“What now? Did they you out of the club?” I snorted as we started taking a slow pace towards the front of the school.
 
“Nope” he carelessly answered. “I just feel like skipping it”
 
I clicked my tongue. “They should kick you out”
 
“They can’t” he smugly said. “I’m too precious to be kicked out”
 
“Whatever” I rolled my eyes, chuckling a little.
 
We fell into a compatible silence. Now that I think of it, I find it odd and weird how I seemed to have less friends here compared to the number of friends I had in the Valley. Back then, I almost knew everyone while here, TOP, Dae, Minzy and Kevin. My thoughts drifted off. Hmm, I wonder why that is. And then it came to me. It’s because of Jiyong. Before, I don’t have Jiyong in my life though we knew each other; he wasn’t really mine to claim. But now tha ti’ve got him in my life; got to spend time with him, kiss him, cuddle him and love him – I was contented. I’m contented with just him beside me. He was enough for me. I didn’t care if I’ve got less friends as long as I had him.
 
“Is that smile for me?”
 
I blinked and glanced sideways at TOP. “Dream on”
 
“Huh! It is for me” he concluded.
 
“You’re so full of yourself” I grimaced.
 
“Why are you smiling then?”
 
“It’s really none of your business, you know” I told him. “And besides, I-” I stopped upon seeing a familiar figure waiting at the gate. As usual, he’s in his all-black get up, his hands inside his pockets and his hood was pulled up in his head. He must have sensed someone staring at him because he glanced up. The moment our eyes met, he smiled, making my heart melt. Aigoo!
 
‘Come here’ he mouthed.
 
I think I just exploded because I just found myself bouncing up to him. I stopped in front of him, smiling. “Pancake” I exhaled. “What are you doing here? Have you been-?”
 
The rest of my words were left unheard when he suddenly cupped my face and kissed me. Omo! I think I just went to heaven! What’s going on? What happened to HIM? I thought he’s not into PDAs but why is he kissing me now, here in school and in front of other students?
 
Aish! Too much for that! I’ll just savor this moment, this public moment that is.
 
My pancake’s hands traveled down my back, hugging me. I breathed in contentment. A gentle shiver ran down my spine when our tongues teased each other. I withdrew my tongue and caressed his lower lip lightly before nibbling on it. I felt him smirk and I couldn’t be more satisfied. His arms tightened around me as the kiss went deeper.
 
I was silently grateful when he slowly pulled away from the kiss. I don’t think I can stop myself from devouring him if the kiss went on. I exhaled when I felt his thumb pad brushing along my lower lip. That is just so tingly!
 
“We should go” I heard him say. “Everyone’s staring at us already”
 
I blinked my eyes open. Well, as of the moment, I don’t care about what everyone’s doing. When he raised his brows at me, I could only nod helplessly. He then smiled and draped an arm over my shoulder. I saw him glanced over his shoulder and smirked smugly. I guess I’m still in some sort of a trance because I didn’t bother looking who he was smirking at.
 
Just then, I felt heavy stares boring on my back. I also started hearing unpleasant words and whispers. But all of those things didn’t bother me. I guess I’m just too happy.
 
As soon as we were out of the school’s premises, that’s when my thoughts gathered rationally inside my head. “What was that? I thought you hated PDAs”
 
He just shrugged.
 
My eyes narrowed suspiciously. “Are you up to something?”
 
“You’re so suspicious” he snorted.
 
“It’s called intuition” I knowingly said. He squeezed my arm, making me blush. Gah, I’m already too aware of his arm on my shoulders and the squeeze was just too. . . gah! I wonder what made him like this. “I really feel you’re up to something”
 
“You think and talk too much”
 
“What are you up to?”
 
He sighed. “You really are a stubborn and persistent person, aren’t you?”
 
“Yeah” I answered. “Now tell me what are you up to?”
 
He didn’t say anything.
 
“Ya!” I whined.
 
He suddenly leaned forward and gave me a sweet kiss. Now that put me into another trance again. I didn’t even notice that we already arrived at the apartment.
 
“Leave your things” his voice broke into my dazed mind. “All of them”
 
“Why?” I blinked.
 
“We’re going to dine out”
 
“Oh, okay” I nodded and left my things on the table. “I’m all set”
 
“EVERYTHING, Dara” he said. “And that includes your phone and your wallet”
 
“Why?”
 
“Because I said so”
 
My eyes narrowed. “I take it you’re going to leave ALL of your things, too?”
 
“Of course” he said. “But I’ll be bringing money”
 
It sounded fair to me so I left my phone and wallet behind. But he was being thorough. He asked me to pull my pockets out just to be sure I’m not being sneaky. After he was sure my pockets were empty, I asked him to do the same. But he refused and just smirked at me.
 
“Ya! That’s unfair!” I complained.
 
“That’s just how things work” he snorted. “Now, let’s go”
 
I was about to snap a complain when he suddenly took my hand and laced his fingers through mine. Okay, he’s being really sweet and it’s making me giddy.
 
“You’re really up to something, aren’t you?” I asked again as we were out now on the sidewalk. “Where are we going anyways?”
 
“Road ninety-six” he answered.
 
I frowned a little. Road ninety-six can be compared to a little city or a main town. Almost everything you need is in that road. Lines of stores, boutiques, restaurants, diners, etc are there. I guess that means we’re going to eat in of the establishments there.
 
“What are you doing?” I asked in surprised when he suddenly pulled his hand away and went down on his knees, his back facing me.
 
“Hop on”
 
It took me a few seconds to grasp what he was asking me to do. When I finally understood, I willingly and enthusiastically obliged. The memory of him giving me a piggyback ride seemed so distant. As I was settled, I rested my chin on his right shoulder and took a deep breath as he stood up. I can’t help but giggle as Jiyong’s unique and manly scent filled my nose.
 
“What are you giggling about?” he asked.
 
“You smell so y, pancake” I giggled.
 
He snorted and turned his head slightly towards me. He gave me another lingering kiss. “Sweet” he drawled when he pulled back. Warmth suddenly crawled to my cheeks. You’d think by now I’ll get used to him but no, I still blush, I still giggle, I still feel giddy – all the time.
 
“I love you” I whispered and kissed him on the cheek.
 
He was, as usual, quiet. I buried my head at the crook of his neck and just enjoyed the smell of him, the feel of him and all of him. I don’t know why but today seemed special. First, he waited for me at the school gates, he kissed me in front of the other students going home and we walked home together with his arm on my shoulder. In that instant, I realized he’s been breaking his own rules for me, maybe he’s been changing. I mean, he doesn’t swear that much in front of me (except for a few occasions when he’s really pissed or angry) and the no-PDA-in-school rule’s obviously broken.
 
“Where do you want to eat?” he asked.
 
“Steakhouse” I answered.
 
“Are you sure?” he asked.
 
“Yes” I told him. Haha, I can steal kisses better if we’re in a steakhouse since we can be seated side by side. Haha.
 
“Climb down, spoof” he said. “We’re here”
 
I heaved a sigh and let go, letting my feet land firmly on the ground. But my disappointment didn’t last long because he took my hand and laced his fingers through mine again. I bit my lower lip and pulled his hood off his head. “For better view” I told him.
 
He laughed lightly and pulled me with him inside. We took a seat at the far end of the place. We settled in and gave our orders. As we wait for our meal to arrive, I quickly stole a kiss from him he was half-facing me so it was pretty easy.
 
He shook his head and clicked his tongue. “You really are a ert”
 
I only smiled. “I love you”
 
“You do?” he softly asked, leaning in closer. His warm breath fanned my face, making all my nerve-endings go all tingly and jumpy. But our magical moment was broken when the server arrived with our orders. Aish! I swear, I’m not going to this place again! I’m not going to eat here again! Jiyong must have seen the look on my face because he chuckled lightly.
 
As the dinner went on, I can’t help but feel. . . weird. Not in a bad way, mind you. But it still feels weird. Jiyong’s on his best charming self as of the moment. He was staring at me while eating, if I may add. And he’s SMILING! Okay, I’ve seen him smile a lot of times before but this time’s different! He’s smiling the whole time! It’s like he can’t keep the smile off his face. How weird is that, eh?
 
“Did something good happen to you?” I asked, taking a sip from my juice. “You seemed to be in a VERY good mood. You’re smiling the whole time”
 
“Well. . .” he trailed, a mischievous look on his face. “Maybe because I’m with you, that’s why”
 
My jaw literally dropped as I stared at him in disbelief. Okay, I’ve seen all sides of him already – sweet, rude, charming, and sarcastic, among other things. But this. . . he just took me by surprise with what he said. Is he sick or something? Omo! I quickly touched his forehead. He felt fine. “You’re not sick, are you?”
 
“No. Why?”
 
“You’re just weird today”
 
“Is that so?” he playfully asked then leaned towards my ear. “Pancake” he whispered and nipped my earlobe.
 
GAH!
 
A huge shiver ran down my spine, making him chuckle lightly. Heat crawled to my cheeks then spread to my body. I think I can feel steams coming out from my nose and ears. Aigoo!
 
“You’re really weird today” I exhaled.
 
“Pancake” he whispered and nipped my earlobe for the second time. I’m really going to explode any moment now.
 
“Jiyong. . .” I whimpered.
 
“Pancake” he whispered for the third time. I felt him smirked as he nipped playfully on my earlobe again.
 
“If you do that again, I swear I’ll take you here and now!” I fiercely but quietly declared.
 
Amusement lit his face. He’s so. . . he’s so. . . I so love him! Everything about him makes me feel alive.
 
“Okay, I’ll behave now” he said.
 
My heart went pounding hard against my chest, making it hard for me to swallow my meal down. After some time, I finally finished my dinner. I thought I’d never finish it what’s with Jiyong’s arm over the backrest and his other hand making circles on my thigh. Grr, can’t he see the effect of those things on me. He is so gonna get it from me later!
 
When I was done and after Jiyong paid for our meal, we walked hand in hand out of the steakhouse. “So, are you going to give me a piggy back ride again?” I asked.
 
“No” he answered. “You\re going to walk”
 
I pouted a little. “Fine”
 
“It’s going to rain” he quietly said, looking up at the sky. I looked up too. The sky sure looked dark.
 
“We should hurry then” I told him.
 
“What’s with the hurry?” he lazily asked. “Let’s take our time”
 
“But. . .”
 
“Let’s go” he said, tugging gently on my arm. I glanced down at our intertwined hands and smiled. I heard him sighed before putting our laced hands inside his jacket pockets. My smile grew wider. He feels so warm.
 
“So. . . how was your day at school?”
 
“Same as always”
 
I snorted. “You should spend more time with mea t school so you won’t be so bored”
 
“Maybe I’ll do that” he chuckled.
 
O-kay. That’s weird. Did he just. . . did he just agree? He’s really being weird. “You’re acting really weird”
 
“It’s a special day”
 
“Special day?” I echoed, frowning.
 
He kept his mouth shut.
 
“Ya! What’s so special with this day?”
 
Nothing.
 
“Kwon Jiyong!” I whined.
 
“You’re such a baby” he said, rolling his eyes.
 
“What’s so special with this day?” I asked again. We were now on an empty street. I can whine all I want.
 
“You’re seriously asking me that?”
 
“Aish! Why don’t you just tell me?”
 
“You go figure it out yourself” he dismissed.
 
“Ya! You’re being rude again!” I complained, stomping my feet a little.
 
“I told you, I can’t change the way I am”
 
“You can’t or you won’t?”
 
He just rolled his eyes. That’s when I first felt it – just one tiny droplet on my cheek. I looked up and felt fat droplets falling down slowly.
 
“It’s raining” I heard him said, sounding amused. “That’s odd. It’s not the season for it yet”
 
“Okay, okay. I get it. But we should run now before this get heavier” I told him and started pulling him with me, all set to run. But he didn’t budge. He just stood there, grinning. “Ya! We’re going to get soaked!”
 
“So?” he asked. The rain was heavily pouring now.
 
“Aish! We’re going to get sick! We should run!”
 
“I don’t get sick easily, you know” he said, still wearing that amused look on his face. What’s wrong with him? We’re already drenched, for Pete’s sake!
 
“Okay, maybe you don’t but I do” I pointed out. “In case you forgot Mister Shadowman, I’m a NORMAL HUMAN BEING”
 
“If you get sick, I’ll take care of you then” he shrugged. “I’ll nurse you back to your healthy self. So no big deal”
 
My mouth dropped as I stared at him in disbelief. I can’t believe this! I honestly can’t believe this! It’s RAINING and he wants us to take time in walking back to the apartment? Like, seriously?
 
“Aish! What’s wrong with you?” I demanded.
 
He suddenly pulled me next to him, letting go of my left hand. He took my right hand and squeezed it tightly. “I have this. . . little item that’s been on the family for quite some time now. . .”
 
I blinked through the heavy rain pouring down on us. He was staring deeply into my eyes and I can’t help but to stare back. Then, I felt something hard and cold slipping through my finger. Unwillingly, I tore my eyes away from him and looked down. My eyes grew wide upon seeing a ring on my finger. It had a thick band and some weird carvings on the side. When I looked at it closely, a bird, which I presumed a crow, was engraved on the middle. I don’t know how to describe it but with the way the crow was positioned and the way its wings were spread out, the letter K can be read on it. Emotions suddenly poured down on me. I felt my throat tightened the same time two fat tears rolled down my cheeks. As soon as I let the tears fall down, it just went on and on – unstoppable. My cheeks were now wet with both my tears and the rain.
 
“I love you” he softly whispered.
 
I glanced sharply at him. He said those words again! It’s the second time he said those words to me. Everything was too much for me to take that I just flung myself at him and kissed him really hard. His arms automatically went around my waist the same time his lips welcomed me warmly.
 
So what if we’re kissing in a public place, on an empty street and under the heavy rain? So what?
 
 
------
*Sorry for the typos and grammar errors!!
I'll reply to your wall posts next time. Mianhe!
And oh, check this new banner out!!
by wowthankyouimissyou
(11-4) The Thread Of Circumstance by wowthankyouimissyou