Chapter 9

The Manny

The Manny Chapter 9

During the day, Jonghyun began to notice a certain emptiness that echoed throughout the room. Sighing, he looked at the piece of paper with Kibum’s phone number that Minho found. Sighing once more, he picked up the phone and dialed the number. He placed the phone at his ear and released a nervous breath; he hasn’t called to apologize to anyone in a long time. There was a click and a voice answered, “Hello?” Jonghyun gulped, it was Kibum. “Kibum,” The other on the other line sounded very business-man-like, “yes?” Jonghyun sighed, “This is Jonghyun.” Suddenly Kibum dropped the formal business man voice, “Oh, what do you want?” His voice, this time, sounded hurt, annoyed, and angry. “I…we…I mean its just that-“ “I’m not getting any younger here, what is it?” Jonghyun got his strength together and blurted, “I’m sorry, there you happy? I’m sorry about last night, I was drunk we were drunk I never meant to use you that way it won’t happen again but, I can’t loose you, Yoogeun loves you a lot and he misses you and….and I-I miss you.” There was a slight pause on the other line before Kibum asked, “You missed me?” Jonghyun gripped his pen tightly, “y-yeah, I did.” He heard Kibum smile and say, “Alright you want me to come back?” Jonghyun uttered out, “y-yes.” Kibum sighed this time and replied, “I’ll be back tomorrow.” Jonghyun smiled and said, “I’ll see you tomorrow then.” Kibum smiled once more and the two hung up. Jonghyun leaned back into his chair. He heard a vacuum outside his door and announced, “Come in Minho, I did it already.” As if on cue, Minho walked in, smiling happily, “I’m glad you did.” Before the older could respond, Yoogeun comes running in and hides under his appa’s desk. Taemin walks by asking, “Have you seen Yoogeun anywhere?” The little boy giggled a little too loudly, making Taemin hear him. Jonghyun smiled, “No I have no idea, you didn’t loose him did you?” Taemin shrugged, “well I guess I’ll go look in the kitchen where there is yummy ice cream.” He teased. Yoogeun peeked his head out and uttered, “I want ice cream.” Taemin smiled, “well let’s go have some.” Yoogeun ran out of the office with Taemin following suit and with Minho’s gaze looking at the younger boy intently. Jonghyun smirked, “ask him out.” Minho arched a brow, “this from a man who just had to call his Manny to come back to work? I don’t think so.” Jonghyun rolled his eyes, “But, I have been married, Minho.” The younger nodded and went to talk to the younger.