Chapter 16

The Manny

Chapter 16

The next morning, Key awoke bright and early, way before anyone else in the household. He sat in the kitchen with a cup of coffee in between his hands. He had so many things on his mind, but there was one thing that was a more pressing matter, Onew’s proposal. Jonghyun told him that he should be happy, so he knew what his answer was. He picked up the phone and dialed Onew’s number, knowing he would be at work he called the older at the bakery.

“Hello, thank you for calling the bakery, this is Onew how can I help you?” Onew answered the phone while handing a customer their receipt.

“Hey it’s me.” Key spoke in a hushed tone so he wouldn’t wake anyone up.

“Key? Why are you calling me at work? Is everything alright? Are you in trouble?” Onew replied, surprised to receive a call from Key during his work hours.

Key chuckled, this is what he liked about Onew, if Key ever needed him, he knew that that Onew was always there for him. “No, no it’s nothing like that everything is fine, it’s just, I have an answer for you.”

Onew smiled, “well alright, do you want to meet up later and talk about it?”

Key looked down at his cup and nodded, “yes, later today if you have time.”

Onew looked at the time and said, “Will you be able to meet me here at the bakery in ten minutes?”

Key looked at the time, “yeah, I’ll leave now.”

Onew turned serious and replied, “alright, take your time. Oh, by the way, how was the party?”

Key was curious, “How did you know?” He didn’t remember telling Onew about the party, then again the only person that did know about the party was most likely Taemin. “Did Taemin tell you?”

Onew chuckled, “You got me, you haven’t changed a bit.”

Key smiled, he hadn’t changed much either. “I’ve changed more than you think, I’ll see you soon.”

Right back at ya! See you later.” Onew smiled once again.

When they hung up, Key got up and went to get ready to meet up with Onew. He made sure to be really quiet to not wake anyone, but right as he was about to leave, he heard a door open, praying it wasn’t Yoogeun or Jonghyun, Key froze. “Where are you going?” Key released a sigh, it was Jonghyun. Key looked at the older and smiled, “I am off to the bakery, I had a craving of their really delicious breads, I think Yoogeun will like them too.” He said rushed as he left the house. Jonghyun arched a brow before chuckling, and going back upstairs to check on Yoogeun then change and get to work.

---

When Key arrived to the bakery, he was engulfed by the sweet and warm scent of the breads and sweets that were hand made by delicate hands and then put out on display for the customers to buy and enjoy. He noticed Onew sitting at one of the tables, waiting for the younger boy. Key walked over to Onew and sat down next to him, “Hey Onew.” Onew smiled, “Hey, it’s nice to see you.” Key nodded, “same here, u-um I have an answer for your proposal.” Onew looked at the younger, completely silent waiting for the younger boy’s reply. Key gulped, so many thoughts ran through his mind, but he knew his answer everyone has been telling him to be happy. “I gave your proposal a lot of thought, and my answer is yes, I will marry you.” Onew gave Key the happiest smile that he has ever seen. He embraced the younger, “thank you Key, I am glad you’re giving me this chance.” Key smiled and returned the embrace, “no thank you.” Key leaned into the embrace completely unaware that Sekyung walked into the bakery with a happy smirk on her face.

---

A/N: Finally I was able to rewrite what I had lost. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Also, I am officially going to have an updating schedule, you can be expecting to have an update every Sunday night. This way I can be a little more organized, and I can update a little more frequently.