Chapter 35

The Manny

Chapter 35

Key groaned in his sleep, he felt like he had jet lag granted he didn’t fly anywhere. His eyes opened and he looked around. This was not his room. The wallpaper was a light pink color he sighed and relaxed in the bed. He heard the door open and his gaze traveled to the door to see Onew coming into the room with a tray of food and a wash cloth. “O-Onew?” Key spoke tiredly. Onew placed the tray down on the nightstand and sat down on a chair next to him, “relax, you need to rest.” Key looked around and released a sigh before sleep enveloped him and, just like a light, he was out.

 

When Key awoke again, it was darker in the room and from the little light coming from the window he guessed it was late afternoon and the sun was just beginning to set. Key slowly sat up in bed and looked around. He noticed a tray of food and a note on the tray. Picking up the note he opened it and read the note, “Hey, I hope you’re feeling better. On the tray I’ve left you some food from dinner, don’t worry about work. Get lots of rest. –Onew” Key took the tray and began to eat some of the food, he felt oddly relaxed, but at the same time, he knew that he needed to apologize to Minho he lost his money that he earned, and he needed to make sure that Yooguen was alright. He needed to do all of that, but in all honesty he was tired mentally and physically. He should take Onew’s advice about not worrying about work. He continued to eat his food and when he finished he got out of bed and took the tray down to the kitchen. Onew and Luna were in the living room talking about what he assumed were their wedding preparations. Onew noticed the younger and how he quietly placed the tray in the sink and then go back upstairs.

 

Meanwhile, at Jonghyun’s house, Taemin was over checking on Yooguen who was happy to see him, but continued to ask about Key. Minho smiled and told Yooguen that Key needs time to rest and that he would be back soon. However, Jonghyun wasn’t that easily fooled. He sat in his office and blindly worked on his papers knowing full well that he had ruined everything, he knew only one thing; he needed to make things right again. However, to do that, he needed to somehow visit Key or meet up with him and talk with him. “Jonghyun, is there something bothering you?” Minho asked stepping into the room with a glass of water and a letter. Jonghyun rubbed his eyes tiredly as he shook his head, “No, nothing is bothering me.” Minho placed the glass onto Jonghyun desk and handed him the letter, “this is an invite for Onew’s wedding, and it is this Saturday.” Jonghyun looked at Minho and wondered, “Will Key be there?” Minho thought with a quiet ‘mmmm’ before answering, “Well he is the best in the wedding, why wouldn’t he?” Jonghyun smiled and said, “Then we will go as well.” Minho nodded, “should I call and confirm?” Jonghyun nodded, “yes go ahead.” Minho nodded and left the room. Moment later, Yooguen ran into the room, “Appa, appa guess what! We’re going to a white dress party.” Jonghyun chuckled and lifted his son onto his lap and said, “it’s not a party Yooguen it’s called a wedding, you’re going to need to wear a very fancy outfit.” Yooguen seemed so interested and excited, Jonghyun couldn’t help but smile. He placed his son on the ground and said, “You’ll have fun.” Jonghyun had a thought come to mind. If Key was going to be there, he would talk to him then, and hopefully he would be able to straighten things out. He needed Key back, he couldn’t be without him, he promised to love him. He was going to make things right, he needed to.