Chapter 3

The Manny

The Manny Chapter 3

 

The next morning, Kibum awoke to a bright sunny morning. Stretching, he got out of bed, went to the bathroom to do his morning routine. After, he dressed himself in a red t-shirt and black skinny jeans and headed downstairs for breakfast.

 

- - -

 

When he walked into the dining room, he saw Jonghyun sitting at the head of table. Minho was standing next to him on his left. Yoogeun was sitting to Jonghyun’s right. Next to Yoogeun sat a woman, she was a little shorter than Jonghyun with long flowing hair she was wearing a floral short sleeved dress with high heeled red pumps. Minho noticed the younger boy standing in the door way, “Morning.” This caused Jonghyun, Yoogeun, and the mystery woman to turn to Kibum. The boy in the door way bowed, “Good Morning.” The woman blinked a few times, “what is that?” Jonghyun smirked, “That’s the new Manny.”  The woman arched a brow, “Oh. Well, hello I’m Sekyung. I’m Jonghyun’s partner.” Kibum nodded, “Pleasure, I’m Kim Kibum.” Minho smiled, “Would you like some breakfast?”  Kibum nodded as he sat down at the table. Yoogeun smiled and said, “Key umma, can we go to the park today.” Kibum perked up, “Umma?” After a while he replied, “Sure, we can go to the movies after if you like.” Yoogeun nodded enthusiastically and continued eat his scrambled eggs. Kibum smiled and started to eat his breakfast. “So, how was your first night?” Jonghyun asked. Kibum took a bite from his eggs and said, “It was nice, thank you again for hiring me.” Jonghyun smiled, “No worries, can you just make sure that you and Yoogeun are out of the house by 7:00pm.” Kibum’s head cocked his head to one side, “What’s happening at 7:00?” Sekyung rolled her eyes and said, “If you must know, we are having a party for a bunch of investors and the last thing we need is a child causing a ruckus.” Kibum looked at Jonghyun who was calmly drinking his orange juice. “But, that child is your son?” Jonghyun placed his glass down and said, “Kibum, this party is going to be filled with investors its no place for a little boy.” Kibum looked at Yoogeun who was silently eating his breakfast.

 

- - -

 

After breakfast, Kibum was helping Minho clear the table, “Why would Jonghyun not want his son at a party?” He asked. Minho shrugged and replied, “You know, I’m not sure about that either.” Kibum sighed and said, “Most of those investors have kids of there own so what’s with Jonghyun?” Minho leaned in and said, “Most likely it’s because everyone always thinks he’s single.” Kibum shook his head and went to go and get Yoogeun for the park.