Chapter 27

The Manny

When Key awoke, it was already mid-afternoon. He had wondered why he was so tired, but the images from that morning floored his mind and he turned red in embarrassment. At the same time though, he felt happy and content. He carefully turned to get off of the bed and saw his engagement ring on the nightstand. When he saw that ring he felt a huge weight of pressure push down on his shoulders. Groaning he took the ring and sighed, he really needed to make a decision about this. If this engagement is really putting this much pressure on him then, he should cancel it, call it off, right? On the other hand, he didn’t want to hurt Onew. Releasing a stress filled sigh, Key got out of bed, put on his clothes, and left for the kitchen. When he entered, he saw Jonghyun dressed and showered chatting happily with Minho, he was holding Yooguen in his arms. Minho noticed the other boy and smiled, “Hey there, you were certainly tired, weren’t you.” Key blushed and nodded, “Yeah.” Jonghyun smiled and walked over to the younger boy, “hey there, you alright?” Key nodded, “I’m sorry about before, the tears and all.” Jonghyun chuckled and said, “Don’t be it’s understandable, right?” Key smiled, “Yeah.” Yooguen turned to Key and said, “Key umma guess what; we’re going to the zoo!”  Key smiled at the excited boy, “we are? Is appa going? He wondered looking at Jonghyun who smirked back and said, “appa was the one who suggested the zoo.” Key’s expression turned from pleased to shocked, “no kidding?” He said. “Will you go with us Key umma?” Yooguen asked. Key nodded, “of course, I’ll go.” Yooguen smiled and exclaimed, “yay! Appa and Umma are coming!” Key smiled and went to Minho and uttered, “Was it really his idea?” Minho nodded, “yep.” Key looked impressed. He then noticed the ring on his finger. He needed to talk to Onew, preferably today before he left for the zoo. “Jonghyun, can I start work a little later, I need to talk to Onew.” Jonghyun nodded and replied, “You can use the phone in my office.” Key nodded and went to Jonghyun’s office to make the call.

 


 

Onew was on a break when his phone rang. Taking his phone out of his pocket he answered it. “Hello?”

“Hey Onew, its Key.” The younger said.

 

“Hey Key, what’s going on?” Onew wondered. He leaned back against his seat and silently watched Luna walk over to him with some snacks. He smiled and she returned the smile.

 

“I wanted to talk to you about, well us, and where this is going. I have been feeling a little doubtful.” Key admitted, he secretly hoped that Onew wouldn’t get upset.

 

Onew arched a brow, “Doubtful, how come?”  He leaned back in his seat, a little upset, but for some reason this didn’t seem such a big deal to him.

 

“I don’t know what to do anymore, I do think of you as a very dear friend, but I am starting to feel doubtful about this engagement.” Key said, a little fast, but he was sure that the older heard and understood everything.

Onew was a little hurt, hearing those words, but at the same time, it seemed as if a large weight lifted from his shoulders, he smiled and replied, “Key, listen, I told you before, I am your friend and I don’t want to do anything to make you uncomfortable and I especially don’t want to make you or force you into anything you don’t want to do. Why didn’t you tell me this earlier?”

 

Key some how felt relieved and answered, “I didn’t want to hurt your feelings, and what happened with Jonghyun, I didn’t get the chance to, I’m sorry Onew.”

 

The older chuckled, “Key there is no reason to be sorry, don’t get me wrong I am a little upset, but we were friends longer than we were lovers so I understand. I’ll come by your house later; we can talk about this some more ok?”

 

 

Key smiled, “yeah, ok. I am sorry, Onew.” He said still feeling guilty.

 


 

Once they hung up, Key left Jonghyun’s office and went out into the living room where Yooguen was playing with his toys. “Yooguennie, where is your appa?” The little boy pointed up the stairs, “he went to his room, I think.” He replied. Key nodded and went upstairs. Once, he was upstairs, he went into Jonghyun’s room. Once in he looked around and called out for the older, “Jonghyun, are you in here?” The older came out of the closet and said, “yes, I’m in here, what do you think is this ok for the zoo?” Key looked at Jonghyun, he had to suppress a chuckle, Jonghyun looked a little too overdressed and a little too fancy. Key went into Jonghyun’s closet and asked, “Why do you have so many suits, don’t you have anything more comfortable?” Jonghyun chuckled and replied, “I don’t really have many comfortable clothes other than pajamas, I have always been in a suit since that’s what I wear for work.” Key came out of the closet and thought for a moment. He then snapped his fingers; an idea hit him, “wait here while I get somethings.” Jonghyun nodded and watched Key leave.

 


 

The younger returned moments later with his sewing supplies, “what are you going to do with that?” Jonghyun wondered. Key winked and said, “You’ll see.” He got up and went into Jonghyun’s closet and grabbed what looked like an old t-shirt and then he grabbed a pair of some jeans that were never worn once. Key unfolded the shirt and jeans and said, “This will do, with a few adjustments this will work.” He quickly began to work on the shirt and jeans until he was satisfied with them. He then gave them to Jonghyun and said, “Here change into this.” Jonghyun changed into the outfit and came out of the closet, “well, how is it?” Jonghyun asked. Key looked at him and smiled, “Awesome, this is nice looking and you look good in it, now go and get Yooguen dressed and I’ll join you guys later.” Key said as he gathered his things. Jonghyun smiled and lifted the younger boy’s chin, leaning in he pecked the boys lips and said, “thank you, Key.” The younger blushed and replied, “I-It’s not a problem, I mean I helped you with a suit when we first met remember.” Jonghyun nodded and looked at Key before asking, “So did you think about it?” Key looked at him confused, “think about what?” Jonghyun sat down next to the younger on the bed, “us” he said in a quiet voice. Key looked at Jonghyun and then to his hands, twiddling his thumbs he answered, “I d-did and honestly, I w-would like it, to try with you. My heart doesn’t beat like this around Onew.” This made Jonghyun smile, “good, I am glad I make you feel that way, so does this mean that you won’t marry him?” Key looked at the older who was eager for the answer. Key thought about it he did need to talk to Onew about the engagement and he was doubtful about it, so in this case the answer is, “I guess it does.” Jonghyun’s smile grew two times its size and he embraced the younger, “so then will you let me be your boyfriend?” Key returned the embrace and replied, “yeah.”