Chapter 31

The Manny

Chapter 31

Jonghyun and Yooguen awoke by mid afternoon and were helping Minho and Key set the table for an early dinner, late lunch. Key was in the kitchen helping Minho bring out the different dishes when the phone rang. Key placed the plates down on the counter and answered the phone, “Hello, Kim residence, this is Kibum.”

“Hello, is Jonghyun there?”

That was a women’s voice, not that Key minded, but the one thing that he was worried about was that this could be about work. He kept his composure and answered truthfully.

“Yes he is, but he’s out of the room right now, may I ask who is calling?”

The woman seemed to be the understanding type so she told him, “Yes, I dropped off some audition papers a couple of weeks back and I need to have an answer soon, so if you could tell him that and tell him to call Sunny.”

Key quickly wrote down the woman’s name and the message for Jonghyun.

“Alright, I will thank you.” He then hung up and sighed sadly, “when will these people leave him alone?” Key questioned himself. “Who?” Jonghyun asked walking into the kitchen with Yooguen in his arms. Key sighed and gave him the note. Jonghyun looked at the note and looked at Key who seemed defeated. Jonghyun placed Yooguen on the ground and said, “appa will be right back.” Key took Jonghyun’s wrist then, “Jonghyun can’t this wait until Yooguen goes to bed?” Jonghyun looked at Key, “I don’t think so, all of my work has been piling up because of this stupid leave.” Key’s eyes widened, “Jonghyun this stupid leave is because you passed out from over working yourself, this was to give you a break.” The older boy shook his head and he led Key into his office and pointed to a stack of papers, “this is my so called break? Once this leave is over with I will have more work to do than I would’ve originally had.” Key’s shoulders slumped, “but Jonghyun, during this time, you got to spend more time with Yooguen, isn’t that more important than work?” Jonghyun froze, he did spend a lot more time with his son, and that made him happy, what was he getting all worked up for, it was just work that he could easily catch up on. “Forget it.” He heard Key say as he left the office.

 

After their meal, Yooguen and Key were playing with each other in the living room. Yooguen had brought all of his toy figures to show to Key who seemed so interested in these toys since they were pretty expensive toys to begin with. Jonghyun came out from his office and watched the two of them play. He had to admit that this time off did help him be the fatherly figure that he was supposed to be to Yooguen, but he still had work to do. At the same time, he enjoyed spending time with Yooguen and Key and he didn’t want his work to get in the way.

 

His thoughts were interrupted when the front door opened and closed with Taemin carrying a large bin full of different cards and papers and other decorative things. “Here you go hyung, go on and make your wedding invites.” Taemin said tired and out of breath from lugging the large box over from one house to the other. Key smiled, “great, I’ll get right on it.” Yooguen seemed so excited he looked like he was just given a giant present; Key looked at Yooguen and said, “Would you like to help me make some cards?” The younger boy nodded excitedly and they began to look through the box. Jonghyun left from the room, and went back into his office. He looked at his paper work and sighed tiredly, he could wait until his leave from work ended to get back to work, and he knew that Key was right, he loved being around Yooguen and Key. He turned off the lights and left the office.