Chapter 20

The Manny

Jonghyun sat in his office; he wasn’t sure how he was going to tell Key how he felt, and if he was ready to tell Key about him. He needed to make sure he was ready. It was then that opportunity knocked, literally, when Key walked in to the office, “Hey Jonghyun.” The older looked at Key, “what is it?” That came out a little more harsh and cold than he had intended it to sound. Key closed the door behind him and sat down on the couch that Sekyung normally sat in. “I wanted to apologize, Jonghyun.” The older looked up at the younger, “what for Key?” “For not thinking about Yooguen, I really do apologize. I care for Yooguen, like he’s my own son. Instead of looking after your son, I went on about the engagement.” Jonghyun stood up and walked over to the younger, sitting down next to the younger, “No, Key, you are entitled to happiness and I was not being very professional so I am the one that needs to apologize, I’m sorry Key.” The younger looked at his boss, “it’s alright.” Jonghyun chuckled, “look, I understand why you would be upset with me, so I would like to make it up to you.” Key looked at the older, waiting for him to continue, “How about I take you out to dinner there is a really great place that I know.” Key smiled, “is that really how you would like to make it up to me?” Jonghyun looked a little nervous, “is there something else that you would like to do?” Key smiled back, “no, no, I would like to go, thank you.” Jonghyun nodded, “not a problem. So, is tonight alright to go, or do you have plans with Onew?” Key thought for a moment, “Well I wanted to talk to him after he got off work.” Jonghyun nodded, “alright, well when you and Onew have talked, we can go and have dinner.” Key agreed and he left the office and off to the living room, where he sat down on the couch and grabbed a magazine.


 

 

Later that day, Onew was leaving work with a heavy heart. He wanted to settle down and marry the one person that he truly loved. He has known Key for a while and they have even dated for a good few months, but they had a silly argument and they had drifted apart since, but that was when they were still in school and time has passed since then, their priorities have altered since then. Even though he couldn’t admit it, Luna was right, he needed to be sure that he knew what he was getting into and that he was ready. He sighed and got into his car and leaned back into his seat. He drove off to Key’s house.

 


 

Key was waiting for Onew, he didn’t get the opportunity to call the older because by the time he got out of Jonghyun’s office, Onew was already off of work, so he decided to wait for the older. When he saw the familiar car park in front of the house, he walked over to the older and said, “Onew, I think we need to talk.” Onew got out of the car and said, “I couldn’t agree more.” Key smiled and said, “Are you going to say what I think you’re going to say?” Onew smiled, “that we need some time to think about this marriage.” He leaned back against his car. Key nodded. “Yeah, I figured, that’s why I wanted to get here to talk to you.” Key nodded, “I understand, we shouldn’t rush this.” Onew nodded and got into his car, “alright, you call me if you need me.” Key nodded and watched Onew pull out of the curb and drive home. After seeing him off, Key walked back into the house and went up to his room to get dressed to go out with Jonghyun.