Chapter 14

The Manny

The Manny Chapter 14

 

Key blinked a little confused and speechless, “Onew, I-I don’t know what to say.” Onew lifted a hand, “you don’t have to reply now, just think about it. I am still your friend whether you say yes or no, but I do care for you and I am willing to give up everything for you, but I do value what you have to say. So, just think about it if you feel like you can do better then say no, but if you do want to marry me then say yes.” This is what Key liked about Onew, he never forced him into anything and he always takes his feelings into consideration, so what if he doesn’t make millions like Jonghyun. He’s a lot calmer and more open minded than Jonghyun. Key looked at the older and said, “I’m touched Onew, I would like to think about this and make sure that this is what I want.” Onew nodded, “understandable, would you like me to take you home?” he asked. Key nodded, “yeah, thank you.” Onew helped Key to his car and drove him back to his house

 

 

The next morning, Key arrived to Jonghyun’s house full of thought. He couldn’t keep his mind at work. “Key, hey Key~” Minho spoke as he tried to get Key to snap out of his thoughts. “What? Oh, I’m sorry Minho, I just have a lot on my mind, what were you saying?” Minho chuckled, “I just said that Jonghyun wanted to see you.” Key nodded and got up off the chair from the kitchen and headed to Jonghyun’s office.

 

When Key walked into Jonghyun’s office the older was on the phone talking to one of his clients, Key presumed. Jonghyun waved his hand, a nonverbal message that he can come in. Key walked in and sat down on the couch that was by the office doors. He sat, patiently waiting for Jonghyun to finish his phone conversation. After about another few minuets, Jonghyun hung up and looked at the younger. “Key, I need to talk to you.” Key nodded, he was still in thought about what he should do about Onew’s proposal. Jonghyun sat down next to him and said, “Look, I know you’re upset about not letting Yoogeun go to the bakery.” Key stayed silent. Jonghyun continued, “I wanted to tell you something else though.” There was small amount of silence before Jonghyun spoke again, “as an apology I want to take you out.” This made Key come out of his thoughts immediately, “excuse me?” Jonghyun chuckled, “yeah, I was invited to a dinner party on a friend’s yacht and I wanted to know if you wanted to go with me.” Key was confused, “y-you’re doing this just to apologize to me?” Jonghyun leaned back into the couch before replying, “Well not really, I just wanted to thank you for being able such a help around here and Yooguen loves you so much. I just want to show how much you’re loved here and how much you mean to everyone.” Key blinked, he never knew Jonghyun could be so thoughtful and considerate. Key smiled and said, “thank you, I would be honored to go.” Jonghyun smiled a kind and soft smile, “great, the party is tomorrow night, here take some money and get yourself something nice to wear tomorrow.” Key was taken aback even more,  “y-you don’t need to do that I can make-“ “No, don’t I want you to have it, please take it.” Jonghyun said interrupting the younger. Key smiled and took the money, “thank you, Jonghyun.” The older smiled, “not a problem.” Key got up from the couch and left the office. He pressed his back to the door softly, his heart was beating so fast and loudly that he thought Jonghyun could hear his heart beats through the door. Key sighed and went into the kitchen for some water ‘what do I do? Jonghyun is being so…I don’t know… so nice and not his usual, fuming, self.’ Key now didn’t know what to do, Jonghyun was making his heart flutter, but it doesn’t seem like Jonghyun wants to start a relationship, but Onew cares for him and is willing to do everything he can to make him happy. Key ran his fingers through his hair, “What do I do?” He muttered to himself.