Chapter 1

The Manny

The Manny Chapter 1

“Minho!” Jonghyun called from his office. The butler appeared in the door way with his feather duster in hand, “Yes?” Jonghyun placed his pen down and asked, “Did you get my suit for the benefit concert tonight?” Minho’s eyes widened, “y-you needed that suit tonight sir?” Jonghyun’s mouth dropped, “well obviously! Weren’t you listening to me?” Minho chuckled a little embarrassed but, he then replied, “don’t worry I’ll call a tailor.” Before Jonghyun could reply the phone sounded through the walls of the office. Minho walked over to the desk and answered the phone, “Hello Kim Jonghyun residence.” … “I see”… “Yes, I will be sure to tell him.” … “Have a good day, bye.”  After he hung up, Minho looked at his boss and said, “That was the nanny, she said she couldn’t handle working for you any more and that she quit.” Jonghyun leaned back in his chair frustrated out of his mind as he rubbed his temples. “Let’s start with one thing at a time, starting with my suit.” Minho bowed slightly with a “Yes, sir,” and left the office. Jonghyun released a long sigh and messed with his hair when a small voice sounded, “appa.” Jonghyun looked up to see his son, Yoogeun, standing in the door frame his big doe eyes watery. Jonghyun got up from his chair and walked over to his son lifting the little boy in his arms, “what’s up Yoogeunnie?” The little boy embraced his dad and said, “I don’t want you to go.” Jonghyun smiled sadly and cradled his son in his arms before replying, “I’m sorry Yoogeunnie but, I have to go. I won’t be gone long.” Yoogeun pulled back to look at his dad pouting. Jonghyun chuckled and kissed the pout away, making the little boy laugh. Jonghyun placed his son on the floor and watched him run off to play with his toys. Jonghyun smiled at the sight. Minho came back to Jonghyun’s office moments later and said, “A tailor will be arriving at 6 this afternoon.” The older nodded.

 - - -

Kibum paid the taxi driver and walked up to the very luxorious looking home, ‘wow talk about wealthy this is a replica of beast’s castle’ He thought as he walked up the stone steps to the front door. He rang the door bell and looked down at the plastic bags that held suits to make sure that he brought everything. The door opened then to reveal a tall boy. His hair long enough to be tied in a pony tail, his eyes big and dark orbs, he was dressed in a black vest the sleeves of his white button down shirt visible from the arms of the vest. He wore black dress pants and polished fancy shoes. “Hi, someone called me for a tailor.” The boy nodded and replied, “Yes, we have been expecting you please come in.” Kibum walked into the house and was blown away, “nice place.” The fancy dressed boy smirked and said, “Make yourself at home, I’ll go and get Mr. Jonghyun. Kibum nodded and took in the interior of the house it was very classy and yet had a very homey like feel to it. Key noticed a little boy looking at him from behind the couch. He smiled, “Hello.” The little boy blushed and hid behind the couch making Kibum chuckle, “Are you hiding from me?” He teased the little boy. The little boy came out from behind the couch and looked at Kibum in amazement before blurting out, “You’re pretty.” Kibum was taken back but, replied, “And you’re handsome.” The little boy blushed but, was suddenly lifted by Jonghyun who spoke, “Yoogeun were entertaining our guest?” Jonghyun then looked at Kibum and said, “I’m sorry about my son.” Kibum shook his head, “Oh don’t worry about it, and he’s very cute.” Jonghyun smiled and handed Yoogeun to Minho who took him upstairs. Jonghyun took out his hand and said, “Kim Jonghyun.” Kibum shook his hand and said, “Kim Kibum.” Jonghyun lead the tailor into the living room and said, “I’m sorry for the sort notice but I’m in a jam.” Kibum shook his head, “No worries, but, I am not the kind of tailor who can make suits within 24 hours so I just brought some of mine and I can adjust it based on your height and such.” Jonghyun nodded and the two got to work.

- - -

When Kibum finished the suit, Jonghyun checked himself in the mirror, “I must say this is very nice.” Kibum smiled as he was putting the safety pins away. “Kibum, could I ask you another favor.” Kibum looked at Jonghyun and waited for the older to continue. “Yoogeun’s nanny quit last minuet so there is no one take care of him and Minho, my butler, is running in and out of the house with errands so could you take care of him for a little while, I’ll pay you extra for your time.” Kibum was a little taken back but, after a while of thinking, he said, “Keep your money I’ll look after him.” Jonghyun smiled, “Thank you Kibum you’re a life saver.” Kibum blushed a little and said, “It’s no big deal.”  Jonghyun threw on his jacket kissed his son good bye and left the house. Yoogeun ran off to continue playing.