Chapter 29

The Manny

Chapter 29

After a long day at the zoo, Jonghyun and Key walked into a quiet house. Jonghyun carrying a tired and sleeping Yooguen in his arms, Key smiled and took off their jackets, “poor kid is all tuckered out.” Jonghyun said looking at the young boy sleeping in his arms. Key smiled, “go and put him to bed, I’ll hang up our jackets.” Jonghyun walked up stairs and up to Yooguen’s room and put him to bed.

 

Meanwhile, Key hung up their jackets and was making his way to the kitchen, which was empty. He grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge, cracking it open, he gulped the cool liquid down. He heard the door to the kitchen open. Looking toward the door he noticed Jonghyun lean against the counter releasing a content sigh. "So, how was today for you?" Key found himself asking. Jonghyun shrugged, "it's a change, I'm used to working all the time, but now that I actually was able to be the fatherly figure that I'm meant to be, I'm happy." Key smiled, "good, and that's how it should be. I mean working is fine and what not, but don't shut Yooguen out, he loves his appa a lot you know." Jonghyun looked at Key and smiled. Pulling the younger closer to him and placed his hands onto the younger boys waist and replied, "and do you love Yooguen's appa?" Key blushed, "I-I guess...." Jonghyun arched a brow, he knew Key was embarrassed. "You guess?" Jonghyun wondered with a sweet smirk displayed across his features. This made Key blush even more, "w-well, no I don't guess...um...I..do..." Jonghyun smiled and leaned in pressing his lips gently onto Key's. The younger timidly pushed back, wrapping his arms around the older boys neck. After a moment of hesitation, they parted and spent the next few moments looking at each other, their eyes exchanging silent messages of love and kindness. "well then, I wonder where Minho is?" Jonghyun questioned as he looked around in hopes that the butler would be somewhere in the house. "Let's check his room.” Key suggested. The two nodded and went upstairs quietly. Minho’s room was not far from the kitchen on the second floor. Key opened the door quietly and their eyes widened to see Minho and Taemin sleeping together in bed.

 

Key gulped and closed the door, “well that answered that question.” The two looked at each other a little embarrassed. They quietly walked back to the kitchen where they sat down at the dining table. “Key, I have a question for you.” Jonghyun began. The younger looked at his boss and waited for him to continue, “I have been thinking about this for a bit now, and I need to tell you my thoughts. Ever since you came here, Yooguen has been the happiest he’s ever been and that makes me happy. My question for you is will you stay with us, no stay with me?” Key looked at Jonghyun and said, “I am flattered Jonghyun, but are you asking me to stay with you because its for Yooguen or do you want me to stay with you because of how you feel about me?” Jonghyun thought about it and said, “w-well, I do care for you, but I want Yooguen to be happy too.” Key nodded, “I understand Jonghyun, but I am asking are you doing this because you care about me, or is this just for Yooguen?” Jonghyun looked at Key and said, “both.” Key’s eyes widened, “I love you Key and I love Yooguen too of course. I want you to stay with us so that we could be a family.” Key swallowed, was Jonghyun proposing to him? No, no, he was just asking to stay with him and be a family, wasn’t that the same thing as proposing? Key smiled and said, “I’ll stay as long as you want me to.” Jonghyun returned a smile and said, “Thank you, Key, really thank you.” The younger smiled, “don’t mention it.”

 

The next morning, Key was up earlier than anyone. He wanted to try his hand at making breakfast. He was mixing his batter for his pancakes when the phone rang. He quickly went to the phone to not wake anyone, “Hello?” Key spoke into the phone, “Hey, it’s me. How’s everything going Key?” It was Onew. Key smiled, he seemed happy, “Hi, everything is fine. You sound happy.” Onew chuckled, “I am happy, I think I’m in love again.” Key’s smile faded momentarily, he couldn’t believe it, Onew was that much in love that he told him about it. “Really, that’s great! Who is it?” Key wondered. “Remember Luna, well whether you remember her or not, it’s her.” Key’s smiled, “I do remember her, and I am happy for you.” Onew chuckled, “are you happy enough to be my best man?” Key’s eyes widened, “Yes, of course, I would love to.” He could imagine Onew smiling his big bright teethed goofy grin, “great!”

 

After they hung up, Jonghyun came downstairs arms crossed across his chest, “Who was that?” He wondered. “Onew.” Key answered. Jonghyun nodded, “what did he have to say?” Key smiled to himself, “he said he’s getting married and he asked me to be his best man.” Jonghyun smiled, “That’s great, Key.” The younger smiled and placed Jonghyun breakfast on the table. The older sat down and began to eat, “So, what do you have planned today?” Jonghyun wondered. Key shrugged, “Nothing really.” Jonghyun placed his chin in the palm of his hand, he looked up at Key and said, “well then, why don’t you go out to dinner with me, there is something I have to tell you.” Key nodded, “alright, sounds good.”