Chapter 30

The Manny

Chapter 30

As the day went on, Jonghyun spent most of the day with Yooguen playing with him and enjoying his time off. Key went out to meet Onew to help him plan for the wedding, after snapping at the older for the many ‘sorry’s’ he received for not choosing to marry him. “Will you stop it, Onew! I am not upset that you chose to marry someone else, someone that you actually care for.” Key told the older making him pout, “but Key I do care for you, not in the same way as I care for Luna of course, but I still care for you.” Key chuckled, “Onew will you stop worrying about me, this is your special day. You should be excited, not worrying about me.” Onew released a sigh, Key was right; he should be enjoying himself and preparing for his wedding, not feeling upset. Still, he couldn’t help, but feel bad, he practically used the younger and they are friends and they shouldn’t be doing this to each other. “Ok, you’re right, I’m sorry.” Key smiled, “much better, now come on let’s go find some invites for your wedding.” Onew nodded. They ended up visiting multiple fancy places for wedding invitations, but couldn’t come up with anything. Onew told Key about some of the places that Luna visited and that she couldn’t come up with anything either. Key thought for a moment and said, “What if I made the invites for you?” Key offered. Onew looked at his friend, “you would do that?” Key nodded, “yeah, I’m sure I could make something for your wedding and then you and Luna could look it over and see if you like it.” Onew nodded, “That’s a good idea. I will let Luna know. Now, how about lunch?” The older suggested. Key nodded and the two went out to a near by café and talked about the wedding plans.

 

When Key came home, he saw that Jonghyun and Yooguen had both fallen asleep on the couch. Jonghyun being Yooguen’s bed and a large blanket draped over them. Key smiled and snuck into the kitchen where Taemin and Minho were talking. “Well, hello love birds.” Key said smiling. Taemin blushed and Minho smiled kindly. Key looked at Taemin and waved a finger at him, asking him to come closer to tell him something privately. “What is it, hyung?” Taemin wondered. “Onew is getting married and he’s looking for some invites, I told him that I would make him some, but all of my materials are back at the apartment, could you bring them here or at least give me the keys to the apartment. Taemin chuckled and said, “I’ll go and get everything.” Leaving the kitchen, Taemin left the butler and the boss’s boyfriend in the kitchen. “So, Key. How are things going with Jonghyun?” The butler wondered. Key sat down at the counter replying, “It’s going well, Jonghyun is finally able to be a father to Yooguen and he is so kind and I think this small vacation is best thing that has happened to him.” Minho smirked and began to take out some ingredients out of the fridge, “You know, I think you’re the best thing that happened to him.” Key’s eyes widened, he hadn’t thought about that. Would Jonghyun change if he wasn’t around when everything started? He assumed that Jonghyun would’ve changed even if he wasn’t around, but then thinking about how stubborn Jonghyun was with his work he thought that maybe he wouldn’t have changed at all. One way or another, Key was happy that Jonghyun was being a father to Yooguen. What would happen once the two week leave from work ended? Would Jonghyun go back to how he once was or would he be able to balance out his work schedule and his life with Yooguen?