Chapter 34

The Manny

Chapter 34

Later that evening, Taemin and Minho were in the kitchen cooking when Key came down stairs and told Minho to not make him anything, he needed to work on Onew's invites and there were over a hundred of them that he needed to make. "But, hyung, did you eat anything after lunch today?" Key shook his head, "No, I didn't, but its ok I'll grab a small snack, don't worry about it." Taemin knew his hyung a lot better than Minho so he took the older to the side and asked, "What happened?" Key shrugged and replied with his usual smile, "Nothing, everything is peachy. I told you I was making Onew's wedding invites so don't be so skeptical." Taemin eyed the older for a couple more seconds before the door bell rang. "I'll go and get it." Key announced.

 

When he opened the door, Sekyung was standing before him nervous and a little unsure of what to say. "Come in Sekyung. Jonghyun has been expecting you." Key said in a flat tone. The woman was a tad confused, whatever Jonghyun told him it worked, she thought. "Th-thank you, Key." She made her way to Jonghyun's office where the older was sitting playing with Yooguen. "H-hello Jonghyun." She said to her business partner. Jonghyun smiled, but Yooguen ran away into Key's embrace. "Hey Sekyung, let's get to work shall we." The producer closed the door and Key rolled his eyes, shaking his head in disbelief. "Key umma, why is she back?" Yooguen wondered. Key sighed and said, "she's your appa's business partner, she needs to be around so they can work." Yooguen thought for a moment and thought and said, "I thought appa wasn't going to work for two weeks." Key chuckled, "yes, but appa is not listening to the doctor." The two of them smiled and went into the kitchen where Minho's head was in the fridge looking for something. "Minho, are we out of something?" Key asked. Minho sighed and said, "Unfortunatly, could I ask you to get them, here is a small list of what I need and some money. Taemin and I will look after Yooguen." Key nodded. After putting on a jacket and leaving Yooguen with Taemin he left to go to the market.

 

He made it to the market when it wasn't as crowded, but for some reason, he just didn't feel right. Something was making him second guess himself, but he continued on his way. It wasn't until moments later he was stopped by two older men. Gulping, Key looked at them and said, "Let me guess, you want my money?" He wondered. The two men smirked. Key turned the other way and tried to run, but he was caught, "where are you going?" One of the men spoke, his voice low. Key pulled to try and free his arm so much that he didn't notice the second man dissapear behind him and grab him around the waist, "hold still babe we just want to have fun." He teased. Key's heart raced, he was afraid, genuinely afraid of these two men. Key whimpered and pleaded, "L-let me go p-please." The men smirked and began to dig through his pockets, keeping him steady. They made sure to move away so no one would notice them. "Hurry up man! Get the money and lets go." The thug said. The older one nodded and grabbed the money that Minho gave him and left Key on the ground after they were done. Key was shaking, he was robbed, and they took Minho's hard earned money. Key took out his phone. He was beginning to dial Jonghyun's number, but then remembered what he said. Gulping he deleted the number and called Onew.

 

"Hey Key what's up?" Onew answered cheerily.

 

"O-Onew....h-help me...." Key uttered still too shocked to move from his spot.

 

Onew's cheeriness went away almost instantly, "What happened? Where are you? Where's Jonghyun?" He questioned.

 

Key tried to hide the sob, but it broke through, "H-help me, Onew I was robbed....please help me."

 

That was all that Onew needed he comforted Key quickly before saying, "where are you, never mind I'll find you, just stay where you are I'm coming ok?"

 

Key hung up and huddled against the wall and sobbed, this had never happened to him before and those two looked like they wanted to do more than just rob him. He listened to Onew and waited for the older.   

 

 

Onew didn't know where Key was so he went to ask someone who might know, Minho. He came to the house and ringed the door bell. Jonghyun answered the door and his look soured, "I need to see Minho." He said in a rush and entered the house. Jonghyun looked at the older like he was some sort of lunatic for barging into his house like that. "Are you nuts, what are you doing?" Jonghyun questioned. Minho came out from the kitchen and said, "What is it?" Onew ignored Jonghyun's question and looked at the butler, "where is Key?" This time Jonghyun hushed himself and looked at Minho who replied, "I sent him to the market to fetch me some ingredients, why what happened?" Onew turned around and said, "prepare a warm bed for him, he called me scared stiff." Jonghyun stopped Onew in his tracks, "who the hell do you think you are giving orders like that?" Onew was not going to stand around, he punched Jonghyun across the face, "get over yourself hot shot! Key was robbed he's scared stiff I need to find him!" He left the house and ran to the market.

 

When he arrived to the market he looked everywhere, but couldn't seem to find the younger. He called out for the younger, but no reply. In the end he took out his phone and dialed his number. A ringtone rang near by, following it he came upon Key who seemed to have passed out. "Key, hey wake up don't sleep on the ground." Onew got the younger on his back and went back to Jonghyun's house.

 

When he came back with Key, Taemin and Minho helped get the younger into bed and under the warm covers. "Do you think we should call a doctor?" Taemin wondered once they left the boy sleeping in bed. Onew nodded, "It would be best, I found him passed out. Just to make sure he didn't catch a cold or anything like that." They nodded and Minho called a doctor who said he was on his way. Onew went down stairs where Jonghyun was holding Yooguen. "Will Key umma be ok?" Yooguen wondered. Onew smiled and said, "Umma will be just fine." Jonghyun looked at Onew, "Is he really going to be alright?" Onew shrugged, "I don't know, he seems alright physically, but he is mentally terrified. I don't need to be a doctor to tell you that much." Jonghyun didn't understand anything, "Onew, all hatred aside, what happened?" he asked. Onew shrugged again, "I don't know. He called me in a state of panic and said he needed help. I asked him what happened, and more importantly where you were, but all he told me was that he was robbed and he needed help. I ran over here to ask Minho who actually knows of Key's whereabouts to ask him. Once I got all of the information I needed, I went to the market only to find Key passed out at the market." Jonghyun sent Yooguen upstairs before saying, "You believe this is my fault?" Onew turned to the younger and said, "Yeah, I do. Why do you always treat Key like trash?" Jonghyun didn't understand, he treated Key kindly, didn't he? Onew continued, "I've known Key longer than you think Kim Jonghyun, and I can tell when he's being played with, and I know you are." Jonghyun avoided Onew's gaze as the older added, "he loves you, treasures you even. When ever I call, its always, Jonghyun this...Jonghyun that....and do you think Jonghyun would like this? I can't even begin to describe what he was like when you collapsed. He was ready to give Sekyung a piece of his mind. However, it looks like none of this got through to the thick headed dinosaur named Jonghyun." After a few moments of silence Onew said, "I'm taking him." Jonghyun's head swung up immediately, "what?" "He's staying with me and Luna until he gets better, I've had enough of seeing him this way." Jonghyun shook his head, "y-you can't, what about Yooguen he loves Key." Onew arched a brow and said, "He will still work here. Until, he gets better he will stay with me and Luna, he doesn't need you confusing him and prolong his recovery." Jonghyun had nothing to say to the older, he had officially lost one of the most important people in his life.

 

After the doctor checked on him, Onew dressed Key and got him on his back before leaving the house. Minho looked at Jonghyun and sighed with a disappointed look on his face. Taemin smiling sadly and Yooguen crying, "appa I want Key umma back!" Jonghyun embraced his son and said, "I want him back too, I really do."