Chapter 4

The Manny

 

The Manny Chapter 4

 

 

When Yoogeun and Kibum arrived at the park, the older boy fixed Yoogeun’s jacket and scarf, “Go run along, have fun.” The little boy smiled and ran off to play with the other kids. Kibum leaned into the back of the bench and watched Yoogeun play with his friends. Subconsciously smiling, he watched the little boy giggle and run around playing with a soccer ball that one boy brought. Yoogeun’s eyes locked with Kibum’s and he waved. Kibum waved back and the little boy continued to play with his friends.

 

- - -

 

Jonghyun was reading a book in his office when Sekyung walked in with Minho behind her with a  tray of snacks, “Jonghyun why did you hire that guy to take care of your son?” Sekyung crossed her arms, “well, that can always change but, that would need you and a ring.” Minho arched a brow and added, “Why don’t you join the circus, you’ll have three rings.” Jonghyun smirked. Sekyung eyed Minho who calmly placed Jonghyun’s snacks in front of him. “Listen, Sekyung, if you want to get married, find your self a boyfriend and date him, hopefully he’ll propose.” Jonghyun said biting into his sandwich. Rolling her eyes, Sekyung handed Jonghyun the guest list for his party. “These are all of the investors that are coming for the party.” Jonghyun scanned the list quietly before handing the list back. He turned to Minho, “Minho is everything ready?” The butler nodded, “Yes sir.” Jonghyun nodded “good, now we just have to make sure that Kibum and Yoogeun are out of the house for a good portion of the party.” Sekyung perked up, “Portion? Jonghyun you’re not seriously going to allow that brat to the party are you?” Jonghyun stood from his desk and made his way over to Sekyung, “That brat, that you so graciously mentioned, is my son if you value your job you’d watch your mouth.” He spoke with a dangerous undertone. Sekyung gulped, “I’m sorry-“ “Save it.” Jonghyun then left the office to change for the party.

 

- - -

“Yoogeun –ah, time to go!” Kibum called out to the younger boy. Yoogeun said goodbye to his friends and ran over to Kibum and took his hand into his own small one. Kibum and Yoogeun walked out of the park to the older boy’s car. Once Kibum got the younger settled into the backseat, he went around to the drivers side and got in. “Are we going to the movies now?” Yoogeun wondered. Kibum looked at the time on his phone “we still have a lot of time before the movie, so I thought we could go have lunch at my friend’s house, would you like to?” Yoogeun nodded and shouted, “Yeah!” Kibum chuckled at the little boy’s cuteness and drove off to his friend’s house.