Chapter 22

The Manny

The next day, Onew went to work with a head full of thoughts, he was so preoccupied with his thoughts that he was having a hard time focusing on his work so he somehow managed to get the day off. He decided to stay at the café to clear his head. During her break, Luna joined him, “What has gotten into you? You never ask the manager for a day off, is something going on?” She asked a little worried. Onew smiled and replied, “I’ll be fine, its just that this whole marriage thing has gotten me thinking and I have been thinking about what you said, I need time to figure out what I truly want.” Luna smiled back, “well alright, let me know if you need anything.”  She returned to her spot behind the register. It was then that Onew felt a kind of emptiness when Luna was not around, he looked at her from his position and thought, ‘could she be the one?’


 

 

Back at Jonghyun’s house, Key was helping Minho prepare breakfast. There was a comfortable silence between the two when Minho spoke up, “Hey Key.” The other boy looked at the butler from his position near the stove, “hm?” “So, what is going on with you and Onew?” He wondered. Key released as sigh before replying, “We are taking some time to think, to see if this marriage is what we both want.” Minho nodded, “I see, so what are your thoughts? Have you made a decision?” Key shrugged, “even though I have known Onew for a long time and, don’t get me wrong, he is a really nice, caring, and gentle person, but at the same time I don’t know if he’s the one, you know?” Minho nodded, understanding. It turned back into silence when the door to the kitchen flung open and Sekyung came in and immediately said, “Minho I need coffee now.” Key and Minho looked at each other before the butler replied, “hello to you too, I’m doing well, and you?” Sekyung rolled her eyes, “look I don’t have the time for this, there are important investors talking with Jonghyun right now, we need some refreshments and I need a coffee to get rid of the splitting headache that I have right now.” Key walked over to the coffee maker, “I’ll make your coffee for you, Minho you make the drinks for the investors.” Once the drinks were ready, the butler left the kitchen with some refreshments for the investors sitting in Jonghyun’s office. Key finished making Sekyung’s coffee and set it on the table where she was sitting paging through some documents. “What nothing to sweet to have with the coffee?” She asked. Key sighed and looked around and saw some cupcakes on the counter. He grabbed a plate from the cupboard and took a cupcake, placing it on the plate he then set the plate down next to Sekyung’s cup of coffee. She then silently began to eat and drink her coffee.


 

 

After about a few hours, Jonghyun collapsed onto the couch, completely exhausted. Releasing a heavy sigh, he opened his eyes to see Yooguen playing with his toys on the floor with Key. Jonghyun instantly relaxed as he watched the two play and interact together, this felt right. He was smiling proudly, this is what he wished was his reality, but he would have to wait until Key had made a decision. He didn’t want to have to wait, but he didn’t want to force Key into anything. “Daddy…” Yooguen’s voice brought Jonghyun out of his trance. “hm? Oh, what is it Yooguennie?” He asked. The little boy crawled onto Jonghyun’s lap and snuggled up to him. “Can we go to see a movie tomorrow?” He asked cutely. Jonghyun looked at Key who gave him a small smile, “He wants to go with you, Jonghyun.” The older boy looked at his son and smiled, “alright, we’ll go, Key will you join us?” Key nodded. Yooguen looked at his father. At that moment, Jonghyun saw the happiest pair of eyes he had ever seen in such a long time. Yooguen looked so happy and excited. He had to keep his promise, it was a promise to his son.