Chapter 18

The Manny

The next morning, Onew arrived to Jonghyun’s home to pick up Key to go ring shopping. He was greeted by Yooguen, who hugged him tightly, “Onew hyung! Did you bring some bread for me?” The little boy asked excitedly. Onew smiled, “yeah, I did.” He took out a plastic bag with some delicious smelling bread in. Yoogeun sniffed the bag and exclaimed, “thank you! I’m going to have some now, have fun Key umma come back soon!” He ran into the kitchen with his bag of bread. Key smiled and thanked the older boy. “No problem, it’s a pleasure.”  Onew led Key out of the house and said, “Key, you really have made me so happy, I hope we will be happy together.” Key blushed and replied, “Onew, you don’t have to be so corny.” Onew chuckled, “what corny, I’m telling you the truth.” Key chuckled. He had no idea how Onew didn’t have a girlfriend, he is so caring and loving. Key thought that these girls were blind for not seeing someone like Onew.


 

 

When they arrived to the jewelry store, they went to the back where the engagement rings were displayed. They looked at all the rings that were displayed; the rings were very nice, but also very expensive. Onew didn’t know how expensive it was going to get, he wasn’t sure if he had enough money for even the ring box. However, if it was Key, he was willing to buy which ever ring the younger boy wanted. Key, meanwhile, was trying to find the simplest ring possible, he knew that the large diamonds and their platinum gold bands were not Onew’s cup of tea and to be honest they weren’t Key’s either, but now that he is engaged and Onew insisted, then he would look for one. “Maybe we should try another store.” Onew proposed, but Key shook his head, he didn’t want to be a bother for Onew so he decided to stay at the one store and find a ring that he would like.


After a few more hours of circling the store, Key settled on something that he really enjoyed. It was a simple gold band, with a small set of five stones going across the top, Key was drawn to it. “What about this one?” He asked pointing to the ring. Onew looked at the ring then back at Key with amazement, “really, out of everything here you chose this?” Key frowned, “fine, pick your own darn ring.” Onew smiled, “no I mean, I thought you would go for something a little more extravagant.” He said a little confused. Key smirked, “how long have you known me, Onew? I would like something extravagant, but not a ring; you know how I can get.” He replied. Onew walked over to the counter and asked to see the ring. He looked at it and then at Key who smiled, giving the older a sign that he liked it. Onew smirked and asked, “How much is this ring?” The sales representative went over to the cash register and checked the price. Then came back and replied, “That will be about 1,040 without tax.” Onew’s eyes almost popped out of his sockets. “H-how much?” The sales rep. smirked and said, “1,040, sir.” Key gulped, for a simple ring like that it’s so expensive, “why is it so expensive he wondered.” The sales rep. looked at the description of the ring and said, “Well, it says here that these small stones are .75 carats this is what determines the price.” Onew rubbed the back of his head, “wow.” Key felt bad, he didn’t think the ring was going to be this expensive, then again who would think that a simple ring like this was, .75 carats? Key looked at Onew and said, “Onew, if you think that it is too much, then-“ “I’ll take it.” Onew said to the sales rep. making Key go wide eyed, “what? Onew you can’t afford it.” He said to Onew. The older smiled and said, “I’ll manage.” Key didn’t like the sound of that, Onew knew for a fact that he didn’t have enough to pay for the ring, but he didn’t want Onew to work from paycheck to paycheck and pick up some extra shifts just to pay for a ring. “Onew, don’t be an idiot, you don’t need to wow me.” Key told him. The older shook his head and said, “You don’t get it Key, I am marrying you, I have to step up now, I don’t want this to be a cheap affair when it should be a memorable day for both you and me. Key didn’t argue back, he knew that a wedding should be a memorable day, but unfortunately it is also the most wallet stretching affair to plan for. Once they finalized the purchase, Onew slipped the ring onto Key’s finger, “there, it’s a perfect fit, and you wear it well.” He said with happiness in his voice. This made Key blush slightly, “thank you Onew.” The older smiled, “no need to thank me.”


After dinner at a nice restaurant, Onew brought Key home. “So, what is next on the planning schedule?” He wondered. Key thought for a moment before replying, “Invitations, perhaps. Those I can pay for and I can do those.” Onew nodded, “alright sounds good to me, I’ll come over so we can make them together.” He said. Key chuckled, “You don’t have to.” Onew smiled in return, “I know I want to, see you tomorrow, babe.” Key smirked and replied, “bye Onew.”



A/N: Hey everyone, I decided to update a little early today. Also there is a blog post about a new fanfic with a poll please click here to take a look at it and vote! Thank you in advance.