Chapter 15

The Manny

The Manny Chapter 15

The next morning, Key awoke early to make himself breakfast and go to find something to wear for the dinner party. His mind was still on Onew and his proposal. He was not expecting Onew to propose like that. The two have been friends for a long time and before they started dating they never imagined getting married to each other, but times have changed and Onew has with it, but Key hasn’t. He has never thought about marriage and has never occurred to him, but Onew is a nice person and works hard at everything he does. He is also the ideal husband, that’s what many women think anyway, he will do whatever he can to make sure that Key is happy and content and he always tries his best. Key walked the streets his head in the clouds, un able to decided what he should do. He finally decided to walk into a store where they tailored suits. He got himself a suit ready to go and it was to be picked up later that day. As he was walking back, he decided to talk to Jonghyun about this, he wont mention anything about this. Perhaps, Jonghyun would be able to give him some advice.


 

Once he arrived, he saw Jonghyun and Sekyung arguing in front of a crying Yoogeun. “what is going on here?” He demanded. Sekyung spoke up, “this brat spilled his drink all over my expensive suit!” Jonghyun then chimed in, “don't talk about my son like that.” Key then pushed both of them aside, “how insensitive of both of you, instead of comforting Yoogeun you two are arguing like a bunch of children, honestly!” He picked up Yoogeun and went into the kitchen, leaving the two of them speechless in the living room.


 

In the kitchen, Key sat Yoogeun down onto the counter and poured some water into one of his cups, handing it to him so he could calm down. Minho stood in the kitchen making lunch, shaking his head in disbelief. Key turned to the other boy and said, “I am surprised at you too, you couldn't have done something either?” Minho lowered his head and said, “what could I have done? Do you think they take me seriously?” Key sighed and wiped Yoogeun's tears away. “Say Minho, I need your opinion.” The other boy looked at the manny ready to listen to his friend. “What do you think Jonghyun would want if I, oh I don't know, found some that I liked?” Minho thought for a moment and then it hit him, this was about Onew. “Well, I think he would want you to be happy with who ever you choose. Now could I offer you some advice?” Key nodded, “don't jump into things too quickly. Jonghyun may be an idiot when it comes to romance, but he is someone I wouldn't drop so fast.” Key nodded, “yeah I know.” The manny had turned a bit sad because Minho's advice answered his question for him. He would need to call Onew tomorrow and tell him his answer.


 

Later that day, Key picked up his tailored suit and came home to change for the dinner party.  Meanwhile Sekyung and Jonghyun were in the producers office having their own dispute, “I still don't understand why you didn't ask me to go to this event, there will be lots of people there that may be perfect for our business, why did you have to go and invite Kibum?” Sekyung wondered fanning herself with a folder. Jonghyun placed his pen down and replied, “because you said you desperately needed the night off.” “I could have canceled my date.” She retorted. Minho placed a cup of tea onto the desk for Jonghyun and said, “don't worry you can blow him up any time.” Jonghyun showed a small smirk, trying to hide his chuckle. Sekyung bit her lip in annoyance and began again, “all I'm saying is that some one like a your business partner should attend not the person taking care of your kid.” Jonghyun leaned back and said, “I know Sekyung, but I though Key deserved it and besides I know how to make connections as well, you know.”  Releasing a sigh of defeat, Sekyung got up and gathered her things, “well fine do what you want, but do come crying to me when Kibum becomes the disaster of the night.” She turned and left the office. Jonghyun stood up and fixed his tie before heading off to the living room, “Key  are you ready?” Jonghyun called out to the younger boy who was upstairs trying on his suit. Key came down the stairs a few moments later in his suit and said shyly, “I’m sorry I’m a little rushed, does it look ok?” Jonghyun’s eyes became two saucers, “uh, w-well, i-it looks great on you.”  Key smiled “great, I thought that the tie was a bit much, but since you’re wearing one too I guess I should put mine on too.” Key took out his tie to put it on, but Jonghyun stopped him, “i-its alright, you don’t have to if you don’t want to.” Key looked at the older and shrugged, “ok if you say so.” The two put on their jackets and headed out the door to the party.