Chapter 2

The Manny

 

The Manny Chapter 2

Jonghyun returned home at 11:00 that night. Completely exhausted, he had to drive his assistant home afterwards.  When he arrived home, he took off his jacket and handed it to Minho who hung it up in the closet. Jonghyun noticed Kibum cleaning up a board game and it was in that moment that he could take in the younger boy in front of him. He was fairly lean with feline like features. His hair was styled just perfectly to fit him. Kibum noticed the older boy and straightened up and said “Hello welcome back?” Jonghyun nodded. Looking around he asked, “Where’s Yoogeun?” Kibum placed the board game on the coffee table replying, “He’s sleeping. He fell asleep at about 9:30.” Jonghyun was a little taken back, “9:30?” Kibum nodded, “yeah, we were playing games and he fell asleep so Minho took him up to his room to sleep.” Jonghyun, in one word, was impressed. The previous nanny’s had such a hard time playing with Yoogeun let alone getting him to bed but, Kibum didn’t seem to have any problems. “That’s new; Yoogeun usually stays up really late. I’ve been trying to get him to bed early for a while but, it looks like what ever you did worked.” Kibum chuckled and replied, “Well thanks, I guess.” It turned into an awkward silence then the ticking of the clock ticked by as they stayed silent. “Well I’m going to go.” Kibum walked passed Jonghyun to get his coat but, Jonghyun turned quickly turned, “Wait.” Kibum looked at the older, “Yes?” Jonghyun’s eyes traveled every where around the room but, they landed on Kibum’s figure. “I was wondering, Yoogeun’s nanny quit today and he is obviously very fond of you so would you like to work for me as Yoogeun’s manny?” Kibum was taken back a little bit, “You would hire me without a resume?” Jonghyun chuckled a little, “I don’t need to see a resume from you because Yoogeun likes you and besides I already know that you work well with kids. What do you say?” Kibum pondered for a bit, before replying “Alright you’ve got yourself a manny.” Jonghyun smiled, “Good, Minho will show you to your room.” Jonghyun then left to go to his room and go to sleep. Kibum looked at Minho who began walking up stairs. “Can I ask you something?” He began. “What’s up?” Minho spoke as he continued up the steps. “I know it’s none of my business, but wheres Yoogeun’s mother?” Minho stopped on the second step to the top. Shoulders slumped; Kibum knew that he had saddened. Minho’s head turned slightly over his shoulder and replied, “ Yoogeun’s mother, Jonghyun’s wife, died in child birth.” Kibum gave an understanding nod, and the two continued to go to Kibums new room.

- - -

A/N: Here is what Key's new bedroom looks like