Chapter 21

The Manny

That night, Jonghyun took Key to a really nice restaurant where the two sat a cozy booth with menus in there hands. Key couldn’t help but stare at the prices of the food. “Key are you alright?” Jonghyun wondered after he placed his menu to the side of the table. The younger boy nodded before asking, “Jonghyun, are you sure that this is ok?” This made the older boy look at Key a little confused, “what do you mean, of course this is ok, I invited you out here so why wouldn’t it be ok?” Key shrugged and replied, “it’s just that this stuff is so expensive.” Jonghyun smiled and leaned back into his seat, “don’t worry about it, I want you to experience some luxury.” He said with a joking undertone. Key smirked, “right, like living in a mansion with a butler and a millionaire producer isn’t luxurious as it is.” He replied returning the joking tone to Jonghyun. The rest of the night the two had a nice time. Key felt relaxed and himself around Jonghyun, he didn’t know why, but he felt a lot more calm and comfortable with Jpnghyun than with Onew, he wasn’t sure if it was because he was marrying Onew and not Jonghyun or if maybe he and Jonghyun had something more that the two weren’t seeing between them.


 

 

When the two came home, Minho was carrying a sleeping Yooguen upstairs to his room. Key stretched and looked at Jonghyun who seemed a little hesitant; he looked like he wanted to say something, but he seemed to be holding his tongue. “Jonghyun, is there something wrong?” Key wondered. The older looked at the younger and released a breath, “Key, I need to talk to you, can you come outside with me?” The older spoke with some nervousness. Key nodded and followed Jonghyun outside. Jonghyun released a sigh before immediately saying what he had wanted to say, “Key there is something I have to tell you. I know that you and Onew are engaged, but you can still think this over. I don’t want you to marry him. I don’t want you to because I love you.” Key’s eyes widened in shock, “y-you what?” Jonghyun looked at Key this time, full of confidence, “I love you.” Key couldn’t believe his ears, after all of the arguments that they’ve had, all of the disagreements, and all of the sweet moments that they’ve had it seemed like they were all over the place, and yet Jonghyun was confessing to him at this exact moment in time. Key gulped, “Jonghyun, I don’t know, I am taken back, but I don’t know what to say, I will have to think about this.” Jonghyun smiled and said, “I figured you would need time to let it sink in, but just so you know, I won’t loose to Onew, remember that.” He walked into the house leaving Key outside to his thoughts. ‘I can’t believe this, what do I do? What in the world do I do?’ Key thought.

 


Onew was sitting in his room, the words that Luna said to him back at the coffee shop. In a way, she was right. He didn’t want to force Key into anything, but at the same time he didn’t want to force himself into anything either. He, also, noticed one small detail as he was driving home from Key’s house. When he is around Key, his heart doesn’t race, like it once did. In fact, it has changed completely to someone else, but he wasn’t sure who. He couldn’t figure it out, he thought that if he was comfortable with Key then he should be the one, but there wasn’t anything there was no spark with Key anymore. He didn’t know what to do, he didn’t want to hurt the younger by suddenly telling him the wedding is off, but at the same he now felt like he was forcing himself. His hands squeezed into fists as he leaned back in his seat, unable to think of what to do, he hated to hurt others, especially Key who was one of his closest friends, but he also knew that he needed to come up with a decision and soon.