Chapter 36

The Manny

Chapter 36

The next morning, Key woke up and walked downstairs to see Luna in the kitchen making breakfast and humming a soft tune that Key couldn’t recognize. He muttered, “Good morning…” Luna turned around and smiled, “Good morning, Key. Did you sleep well?” She wondered. Key nodded and said, “Yes, thank you, Luna.” The girl smiled and took out a clean plate and said, “Sit down; I’ll make some breakfast for you.” Key thanked Luna and sat down at the table. Looking around the dining room, Key realized that it was somewhat awkward, “Where is Onew hyung?” Key wondered when Luna placed a plate with a steaming breakfast just waiting to be eaten. Luna went back into the kitchen and said, “He said he was going to work early so he can end his shift early.” Key nodded and began to eat. Key felt relaxed, he was always working that he had almost forgotten what it felt like to have a relaxing day. Luna smiled and said, “You can have the day to rest Key, Onew said that you have a few days off to rest, so use this time to rest and relax, ok.” She told him, with almost a motherly tone. Key smiled and nodded, “alright, can I call Taemin later, to let him know where I am.” Luna smiled, “that’s fine, but remember you are here to rest, not to work.”  Key smiled and nodded, “alright.” Luna returned the smile and continued, “Mine and Onew’s wedding is in a couple of days, we need you back in shape since you’re Onew’s best man.” Key nodded, he knew that was true and more importantly he needed to look his best and remove any unnecessary thoughts of Jonghyun from his mind.

 

Key was in his room with his phone in his hands. He knew he needed to contact Taemin, but he wanted to contact Jonghyun, too. He wasn’t ready to face Jonghyun yet though. ‘Relax, I’m just calling to check on Yooguen that’s all.’ He thought to himself as he dialed Jonghyun’s number first.

The phone range for a few moments and then a female voice answered, he assumed it was Sekyung, “Hi, I’m sorry to bother you, but I wanted to check on Yooguen.” Key said his voice quivering just slightly.

He could hear Sekyung shuffle in the background before she could reply, “Jonghyun tells me he is doing well, he is asking for you.”  Key smiled and said, “I will be back soon, if you could tell him that.” Sekyung was silent, it was as if she wasn’t paying attention and then a male voice answered it was the voice that he was not ready to hear, “Kibum, are you alright?” Key turned silent before replying a little lowly, “I am fine now, just a little tired.” He heard Jonghyun release a sigh of relief, “That’s good to hear, we miss you, you know.” Key almost rolled his eyes, but his heart did summersaults in his chests, “do you mean that?” Jonghyun chuckled, “of course I do Key.” Key was silent and Jonghyun became silent as well, then he heard Jonghyun speak, “Why didn’t you call me, though?” he wondered. Key took a little while to answer, “I don’t know…well I mean after the last time we talked it didn’t go well, so I thought we needed a little break.” Jonghyun released a heavy breath, “I’m sorry about everything Key, I really am. It is probably better that we have some time apart to get things straight, I know after last night I realized a lot of things, and I need to tell you them Key. I need to tell you them, can we meet up?” Key shrugged, “let’s meet up at the after party tomorrow.” Jonghyun smirked, “after the wedding? Sure, it’s a date.” Key blushed and nodded, “ok sounds good.”

 

After their phone conversation, Key went to help Luna in the house and helped make dinner. After Onew came home, the two got ready for their big day. While Key was mainly nervous and unsure of how to react to what Jonghyun might tell him.