Chapter 10

The Manny

The Manny Chapter 10

Minho found the younger sitting in the kitchen with Yoogeun eating ice cream. “U-Um, Taemin….” The younger looked to the butler and smiled, “yeah?” Minho gulped and released a nervous breath, “w-would you consider going out with me?” Taemin blinked a little. “Go out, L-like on a date?” Minho nodded. Taemin smiled and said, “y-yeah I’d like that.” Minho smiled back relieved that the younger agreed, “S-so tonight?” Taemin nodded, “tonight.” Minho happily nodded and returned to work.

 

At home, Key finally found some energy to make something to eat. He sat down on the couch with a sandwich when the phone rang. “Hello?” Key spoke into the receiver. “Kibum?” Key gasped when he heard the voice, “o-onew,” The other voice on the line. “Long time, huh….Well um I wanted to get together, I was wondering if you’re free any time today?” Key didn’t want to bring his past back, it was hard enough to let go of Onew when he said that he was engaged to some woman named Luna. However, that shouldn’t stop two people from being friends, right? “W-well, I’m free right now so I be ready in 30 minuets.” He heard the other’s excited voice, “really? Great, I’ll be there in 30 minuets.” After hanging up, Key got up and went to start getting dressed.

 

Onew got out of his car and waited for Key to come out of the apartment. Once the younger walked down the stairs, he looked at Onew. The older boy hasn’t changed much. He still had that sweet smile that Key once loved waking up to. “Hey Key.” The older greeted in that same lovely voice that he missed. The younger smiled, “Hey yourself, you haven’t changed a bit.” Onew chuckled with that tofu smile of his, “right, well I have changed.” Key noticed that he seemed a lot more carefree like how they used to be. “Did something happen between you and Luna?” Onew saddened, “come on we’ll talk at the café.” The older walked over to the passenger side and opened the door. Key sat down and buckled up while waiting for Onew to sit and start the car before they drove off to a quiet and elegant café where Onew works at. This was the same café that he and Key met and where they broke up. Onew took the younger to a table outside and ordered some light drinks. “Luna ended our relationship about a month ago.” Key folded his hands on top of the table listening to the older. “I was out of the country for a little bit on a business trip but, she refused to believe me and thought I was spending time with someone else. When I came back I told her that I had no intention of cheating on her and to prove it I let her search my luggage and me for any women fragrance or lipstick stains which she didn’t find any so she forgave me which I was grateful for but, a month ago she told me that her mother needs her help in another country and that it would be best to end the relationship. I didn’t want her to get all emotional and all so I just told her not to worry about it but, I wanted to propose to her.” Key nodded, “but couldn’t you have left with her and worked out of country?” Onew shook his head, “No, my boss wouldn’t let me.” Key sighed, “So then why call me? You ended our relationship for Luna so why come to me?” Onew took a nervous breath and said, “My heart still beats for you. Its weird, I thought I loved Luna more than I do you but that’s not the case in fact it’s the opposite.” A blanket of silence suddenly covered the two. Key was determined not to bring the past into the present but, with Onew coming clean like that it was hard to not agree to going back. “So, tell me, how have you been? Last I heard you work at a clothing store.” Onew spoke breaking the silence. “I used to, but I got fired so I now work as a Manny.” Onew smirked, “A Manny? For who?” Key gulped, “Kim Jonghyun.” Onew’s eyes widened, “Wait, wait, wait, you mean Kim Jonghyun the music producer?” Key nodded. Onew smiled, “Key, you don’t have any experience with kids why would he suddenly hire you to take care of his kid?” Key just shrugged, he never gave it much thought as to why he was hired, was it really because Yoogeun liked him or was it something else. “Did you have a proper interview?” Key shook his head, “No, I came to his house as a tailor to help him prepare a suit for a benefit concert and Yoogeun’s nanny quit last minuet so he couldn’t find anyone so he said that he would pay me extra if I took care of his child.” Onew rolled his eyes, “Seriously? Key that man hired you without a proper interview and on top of that you have no experience with children why would he hire you, obviously not for your skill with children.” Key got mad, “Really? Then why would he hire me?” Onew shrugged, “How should I know, maybe for your body?” Key blinked a little bit. ‘That would make sense, that night he really looked like he was really making love to him instead of just having a one night stand.’ Onew looked at Key, “I’m sorry Key, I shouldn’t be lecturing you. Kim Jonghyun is not an easy person to conduct business with so I should be congratulating you.” Key shook his head and replied, “N-no it’s ok.” Silence fell upon them once again before Onew said, “Key would you consider going out with me again?” Key blinked, this was all too sudden and too fast. “W-well I don’t know, this is a little sudden you know…” Onew chuckled, “well how about this, the two of will go out to dinner just as friends ok?” Key nodded, “Yeah, ok.” Onew smiled happily. After the two boys talked at the café, Onew dropped the younger off back at the apartment and then drove home.