12. || TWELVE

The Newlyweds (New Update is here ^^)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was one of your last days in Seoul. The weather was amazing which was enough reason for you, Jonghyun and the rest of SHINee to hang out in the park at the Han River. Have a picnic while enjoying lots of great homemade foods and fruit salads and as a bonus, enjoy the amazing weather. Even though you almost spent a year in Seoul, you never actually had a chance to go to the Han River Park when the weather was as good as it was today. Jonghyun did not want you to leave Seoul without spending some time in the park enjoying its beauty. You and Chloe were both dressed ready to leave the apartment to meet SHINee in front. Chloe was wearing a pair of shorts with a long sleeved shirt and a pair of flip flops. You decided to throw on a pair of black leggings, with a white sleeveless top and a pair of flip flops. You took your handbag and your phone while you put your sunglasses on. "Let's go, we'll be late otherwise" you murmured. "Aren't girls always supposed to be late?" Chloe shrugged. You shook your head. "I am always on time" you reminded your best friend and the both of you left the apartment and locked it afterwards. The second you two made your way outside, the only person that was waiting outside was Key. Chloe smiled and waved like a crazy person at Key, but so did he. "Ah you girls are here" he sighed in relief giving the both of you a hug. "Where are the others?" you asked clearly not seeing the others around. "They should be here in a second" Key smiled and looked back at Chloe. You just moved your eyes between Key and Chloe clearly picking up some vibes between the two of them. No matter how much Chloe was reminding you that there was nothing going on between Key and herself, you and everyone else among SHINee could tell there was, just like you and Jonghyun were denying it at first, they were clearly in denial themselves about it.


Suddenly you realized you forgot the basket with the salads. "Crap, hold my purse. I need to get the basket on the counter. I almost forgot" you mumbled handing your purse to Chloe and rushed back into the building to get the basket of food. Key shook his head. "Did she really just say basket?” Chloe frowned. "Yes? What's a picnic without salads, foods and drinks? There is no fun when there isn't". "Ah you should have told us so, I could have prepared something too" Key apologized. "Don't worry about it" Chloe waved her hand "We have plenty for everyone". While Chloe and Key were having a conversation, Minho, Onew, Taemin and Jonghyun finally joined them. "Where's Lauren?" Jonghyun asked confused looking at Chloe. Just when he asked you walked out of the building holding the picnic basket. Chloe shrugged and pointed at the door. "Your girl just came out". Jonghyun turned around wondering what you were doing with a basket. You smiled as soon as you saw your boyfriend and so did he. "What's with the basket?" he asked out of curiosity. "Eh food? What's a picnic without food? Come on you guys. Don't tell me you don't do that?" you answered not really knowing why he asked in the first place. "Sweetie you really didn't have to make us food" Jonghyun smiled taking the basket from you. "Ey. A picnic is not a picnic without a drink and a few things to eat. That's how we Americans do that" you shrugged pecking your boyfriend's lips. "I am not complaining" Jonghyun smiled ily at you. "You should have said so you were making something, we could have brought something as well". "That is exactly what I said" Key added. "Are we going or what?" you suddenly asked ignoring your friend and boyfriend. "Let's go" Jonghyun said taking your hand and unlocked his car putting the basket in the trunk closing it afterwards.


"Ah we'll go with you guys" Key invited himself grabbing Chloe's hand walking your way. You raised your shoulders looking at Onew who had to drive around the other two amigos. Jonghyun shrugged as soon as he saw Key was holding Chloe's hand. "Yah, Kibum, are you sure there is nothing more?" and pointed at their hands. "What?" Key answered letting go of Chloe's hand letting her get in the car first. "Hyung can you please mind your own business?" You giggled on Key's statement and walked around to step in the car. Last but not least, Jonghyun followed and started his vehicle following leader Onew's car. After driving for about thirty minutes you arrived at the Han River and parked the cars somewhere nearby. By the look of the amount of cars, it looked like as if there were quite some people who went out enjoying their family or quality time at the Han River. Once you took the basket out of the trunk you walked around a little to find a good spot and you did. Half in the sunshine with a bit of shadow of the tree you decided to sit down and have your lunch while relaxing at the same time. You and Chloe were sitting down first while Jonghyun sat himself behind you as the others just randomly sat around you and Chloe. You unpacked the bowls of salad and plastic plates and cups to make sure everyone took a bit of salad and some lemonade. You took a bit of salad on your fork and held it in front of Jonghyun's mouth. "Take a bite!" Jonghyun took the bait and ate the salad from the fork wrapping his arms around you afterwards kissing your cheek. "It's delicious". You shrugged. "I am glad you like it" and fed your boyfriend with some more salad after you had some yourself. As soon as you finished your salads, everyone was just either laying down enjoying the sun or relaxing. You were leaning into Jonghyun's arms enjoying the sun shine on your face while he was leaning on his hands palms staring at you.


After sitting for a few hours the sun was slowly setting, Jonghyun decided to have a few minutes with you alone "Let's take a walk" he whispered in your ear smiling at you after you looked at him. The both of you got up earning glares from your friends. "Where you two going?" Key asked out of curiosity. "Nowhere!" Jonghyun joked. "We're just going for a walk" he added taking your hand in his and randomly headed somewhere. Chloe looked at the both of you walking away together cozily holding hands. "I feel so bad for them. They look so happy and cute together. It to be leaving in a few days and most of all, I hate it for them". "They will find a way to work this out. Jonghyun really loves her and I honestly don't think he will let this distance get in between" Onew assured looking at Chloe. "Guess not. I don't know, I just think it's sad" Chloe answered plucking out grass next to her. "Ey, they are one of those couples who will be together forever. I have never seen hyung so serious with a girl before. It must mean something good" Key convinced Chloe. "Besides, I expect them to get married someday and have a lot of babies". Chloe shrugged. "Wow, planning ahead? Do they know about this too?" Key shook his head. "No they don't! They don't have to know either. That is just how I see them when I look at them. They will have cute babies don't you think?" "Yah, aren't you a little too much?" Minho frowned looking at the diva across from him. "What?" Key sing songed smiling back. "Jonghyun told me so". "Sorry?" Chloe asked looking confused at Key. "Don't get it wrong, he did not literally just say that obviously, but he said he is thinking of his future since he's with Lauren. That is crazy talk. I never heard dino talk about future plans" Key shrugged. "Da'awe how cute it that?!" Chloe squealed. "He really loves her huh?"


While Key was deciding how your future was going to look like, Onew, Minho and Taemin decided to head back when you and Jonghyun headed to the fountains in the park. Jonghyun took his shoes off so that you would follow him taking off yours to walk through the water a little and you did. "This is really nice" you smiled at your boyfriend still holding his hand while he guided you through the water passing small and bigger fountains. Jonghyun just stopped randomly in front of you. "You know I am going to miss you right?" "I am going to miss you too" you whispered starting to get sad by the sound of it. Jonghyun placed his shoes behind you on a high concrete stone behind you and took your flip flops as well surprising you by lifting you by your hips to make you sit on the stone behind you. Jonghyun noticed your eyes were getting sad and wrapped his arms around your waist. "We'll get through this". "This is going to be so hard, you realize that right?" you mumbled. "I know, I know" Jonghyun whispered removing a hair that was blown in your face by the wind. "But I am not going to let you go just like that. I know very well this long distance will be a strain on our relationship but if that is what it takes to keep you in my life then I'll hold on to us" and stared into your blue eyes meaning every word he said. "Jong" you whispered back running your fingers through his hair not taking your eyes of his ready to cry. Jonghyun searched his pocket and took out a small box. "I love you Lauren and I will do whate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter