42. || FOURTY-TWO

The Newlyweds (New Update is here ^^)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Later that evening when Jonghyun was reunited with his daughters and his parents when Key was still around after explaining to them what happened, someone rang the doorbell. Key insisted on opening the door not knowing who they would find, he was facing eye to eye with Chloe. How did she know? Apparently Chloe was planned to come over for thanksgiving in the first place. "Chloe?" he murmured with a straight face not sure if he was happy and relieved to see her again. "Hi" Chloe casually just smiled not knowing what to say as she was just as surprised to see him as he was to see her. "I was hoping to see you" she confessed short afterwards. Key tried to hide he was still hurt by her departure "Do you want to come in or not?" Chloe nodded "I do, but I was hoping to talk to you first" she added just wanting to let him know what was on her mind. Key wasn't sure if he wanted to hear her. Was she going to say something hurtful again? "What's there to talk about? We're over right?" he reminded her bluntly crossing his arms in front of his chest. "Key! I didn't mean..." and she trailed off. "You didn't mean to do what? You left me Chloe. And now you come back and expect me to jump for joy? Who said I shouldn't be sitting around and wait for you? Oh that was you" Key hissed at her and noticed soon he was still angry and raised his voice unintentionally.


"I'm sorry". Chloe shook her head "I deserved that. You're angry with me and I get that. I would be angry with me too. I don't know if you will believe me or not but I want you to at least hear what I have to say". "Shoot" Key murmured waving his hand around wanting her to hurry. Whatever she was going to tell him was not going to make any difference. "I am really sorry for everything I did to you and I am sorry for just leaving you like that. I shouldn't have done that" Chloe started and swallowed her tears before looking up at Key again with her watery eyes. "I regret it so much for pushing you away. I regret leaving, I regret not listening to you and I regret not listening to my own feelings. I've been so stupid and I am so sorry" Chloe continued between her cries. "I understand if you don't want to believe me or never want to see me again, but I want you to know I still love you and always have. My life without you. I can't function without you. I need you". Key couldn't stand it to see Chloe cry and always turned into a softie when she did. No matter how angry he was at her for leaving him, he still loved her and wanted to take her into his arms telling her he was never going to let her go. But what if she was going to take off again? Leave him with the burns? He wasn't sure if he could deal with it for a second time.


"I am to blame for everything" Chloe added taking a deep breath. "I am sorry I am not perfect. I have been an idiot thinking I could get over my feelings for you by running away". "Then why did you leave? You knew very well what I was feeling about you. I support you in everything you do no matter where you go. Why would you push me away and hurt me like that?" Key murmured not knowing how to behave. Chloe raised her shoulders "I don't know why I did that I did. I guess I am just scared to meet your future vision of having a family because I never had one" she confessed looking back down at her hands. "I am scared okay and I have been an idiot walking away from you" she added and started to cry all over again. Without expecting him to, Key took a few steps closer and met her outside in the snow wrapping his arms around her neck. "Why didn't you tell me?" he whispered in her ear trying to make sense out of her actions. Chloe shook her head carefully snaking her arms around his waist "I don't know. I was scared and I still am. I am scared we will never be where we used to be. Scared I can't meet your expectations".


Key pulled away from the hug taking her hands into his leaning his forehead against hers. "Chloe I've never stopped loving you and I always hoped deep down inside you would come back. I am not expecting anything from you. Everything we do, we will do together. I don't want you to be scared around me and I don't know what happened to you as a child you're scared, but don't push me away for it because I am not the kind of guy to mess up. If I want something, I'll get it and I want you Chloe". Chloe squeezed his hands looking into his eyes longing for him because she missed him so much. "I don't want you to think I am running away because I don't want to spend my life with you and have a family with you. I do. I am just afraid to fail because my parents were never around". "I won't allow that to happen. You're not your parents. You're you. I love the hell out of you Chloe but please don't run away from again" Key whispered with his eyes still locked on hers. Chloe nodded silently while Key pulled her back into his arms and kissed her to let her know how much he missed her and how much he still loved her.


After a little while Key pulled her back inside the house where it was a lot warmer and got hit with reality again, just like that. The atmosphere in the house was dark and depressing, especially Jonghyun didn't know what to do with himself. No matter if Chloe flew in two days before thanksgiving to spend it with you and your family, it wasn't going to matter as long as you were missing and they weren't sure when they were going to find you and how. That part was freaking out everyone. With Chloe and Key to stay in your house for a little while to help out with the twins, the manager and the rest of the band members were informed on what happened and that you still hadn't been found today, four days after the incident. Jonghyun wasn't himself even though he tried so hard to man up and be a father to the two little girls, but that wasn't so easy and he was more than happy he had some help from Chloe, Key and his parents so he could take a few minutes to himself wondering how and why it happened. Devastated as he was he was sitting on the bed with his head dug into his hands taking a deep breath. He couldn't sleep not knowing if you were okay. It killed him in so many ways he couldn't protect you right now and tell you that it would be alright. He lifted his head glancing at the picture from on his bedside of you two together on your wedding day. He was as tough as a cookie, but a very softie when he was hurt. He grabbed the frame and ran his index finger over your face tearing up all over again. "Baby where are you?" Jonghyun whispered bending his head down giving himself a break to let out his emotions.

"Hyung?" Key whispered knocking on the door carefully. Jonghyun slowly tilted his head sideways to look towards the door knowing it was his best friend. Key saw his best friend's face and knew he was crying. He felt terrible and not sure what to do. He wanted to go over there and tell him they were going to find you alive and in one piece, but he also knew in the back of his mind that was going to be harder the more days passed by without any progress. "Dino, you have to eat something" Key insisted carefully knowing what the answer would be. Jonghyun shook his head "I am not hungry" and wiped some of the tears away with the back of his hand. "I know this is a terrible situation, but you need to eat something for your girl's' sake. They still need you through this all" Key reminded his best friend, but it didn't change his mind. "I need to find her. I am going out to look for her" Jonghyun sniffed and rose to his feet ready to put action to what he just said. Key stopped him and shook his head "Don't go out there at this hour without eating anything. You'll need some food into your system otherwise you're not helping her". Jonghyun knew his best friend was right, but he felt desperate. As if the police wasn't looking hard enough. Just when Jonghyun sat back down to the bed, the land line phone started ringing, it was the police to let Jonghyun know they most possibly know the two men behind it as they found hairs and finger prints on your scarf that weren't yours. Jonghyun knew it was a little step forward, but it wasn't something he was hoping to hear.


​You were fighting to open your sore eyes that were hurting and felt swollen like no tomorrow. After closing and opening them a few times all you could see was darkne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter