40. || FOURTY

The Newlyweds (New Update is here ^^)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You decided to do some baby shopping with Riley today while your men were busy rehearsing and preparing for SHINee's comeback. With your twins sleeping in their car seats in the back, you stopped in front of Riley's house waiting for her to come out. A very pregnant looking, smiling Riley stepped out wrapping the warm scarf around her neck and locked the door behind her stepping through the snow. She opened the passenger door and stepped in and buckled herself secure after she closed the door behind her shut again, pulling some cold wind with her. You shivered a little as the cold wind was blown onto your skin and smiled at your cousin next to you. "How do you feel? You're okay going into town today?" you asked suddenly worried since she was eight months pregnant after all and you knew how that was. Riley nodded with a big smile plastered on her face "I am feeling great really. Look if it helps I will let you know when I need to sit down and drink or eat something, alright?" You nodded in agreement "Okay, deal! I know how you feel and I also know how uncomfortable it is and how swollen your feet get". Both you and Riley chuckled "Girl, I am just having one baby, you had two. I already feel I am exploding, I can't imagine how you must have felt back then". You smiled widely stepping on the gas slowly driving out of the street onto the main road "I still don't know how I managed it. I was huge" and you looked to your left and right before bending into the street on your left side. "But you look good for a mom who gave birth to twins. How'd you do that?" Riley asked bewildered about your figure. You raised your shoulders shaking your head "I still don't know either. I actually thought I would be left with a lot of pregnancy fat, but it actually all shrunk back believe it or not. I am not as thin as I used to be, I gained a size ever since, but I have not heard my husband complain, so it must be alright". Riley giggled "Of course he doesn't complain. That man of yours adores you and he loves his family". You smiled looking into the back mirror at your twins who were still sleeping like little angels, but also saw someone tailing you. You frowned thinking you had seen that car tailing you before. "Damn paparazzi" you mumbled looking back to the road ahead of you.


Riley looked over her shoulder and noticed a white Volkswagen behind you and a girl behind the wheel. She looked back at you "You sure that's paparazzi? She rather looks like a fan to me". You shook your head "Maybe, maybe not. This same car pops up every now and then when I go for groceries or see my in laws. Maybe I just have gone crazy" you shrugged it off and took one last glance in the back mirror when you saw the car was gone. "Either way, back to our conversation. I know he does. I was just afraid I would have all this body weight and fat from the pregnancy after welcoming the girls, but then my mom told me to wear jeans with buttons and button them carefully each day further. That is how I don't have a hanging stomach, not at all". "I am going to remember that one" Riley chuckled liking the thought. "You should, it's worth the try" you agreed while looking for a parking space near the baby department center. "Can I ask you something?" Riley asked giving you a serious look after you stopped the car at an available parking spot. You stopped the engine ready to take out the key out of the ignition and looked back at your cousin next to you "Ask me anything. You're looking kind of serious, you okay?" Riley held her hand up "I am alright I promise" and rubbed her hand over her baby bump. "This might be so rude and out of place to ask, but you know...you're married, you have two babies and I am very sure your hubby wants some attention from time to time as well" she paused looking back at you "Is your life, you know, did it got become less and such?". You sunk back in the seat letting go of the steering wheel. "Let's say I am not complaining. I read so much about new mommies and daddies that they are never or rarely intimate after being parents, but honestly, we are not experiencing that kind of crisis". Riley blinked her eyes "Okay, so you still, you know". "Of course" you chuckled. "We are still intimate from time to time. I would be lying if it was just as much as before the twins arrived, but we do and as far as I am concerned we both like it the way it is. At least I haven't heard him complain about it".


Riley played with her hands looking in front of her out of the window. "I don't know, I always expect things to become less once you're married and have kids". "Don't worry so much about it. Men are complicated, I know that and they probably have this need more than we do because our babies are priority, but I guess if you talk to Onew about it, just find a way to balance it. Find time for you two" you suggested giving your cousin some advice. "I think he'll understand, I mean he cares so much and he is so involved and protective which he developed more in the last months" Riley started letting out a sigh looking back to you "But I guess I am afraid I will be unattractive after this whole thing, maybe he doesn't like the intimacy after the pregnancy, because you know, I don't look the same". "Riles, breathe!" you added giving her an assuring smile. "It's entirely normal that a woman's body changes during the pregnancy and that it will never look exactly the same as it was and I am pretty sure Onew knows that too. That guy loves you, he wants to spend the rest of his life with you. I wouldn't be too concerned about it". "You're probably right, but like how do you get back into it?" Riley asked for advice on how to deal with it. "First of all you're in control here, you will have to let him know when you're ready to be intimate again. He also knows very well that when you're not ready it won't happen. And second, talk to him" you continued. "Look, I don't know if this is a comfort to you, but we haven't been intimate again until two and half months ago or so, until then we didn't have for seven months at least if not longer. It's normal and you don't have to worry about it. Your body just doesn't want it in the first few weeks, trust me. I love every bit of intimacy with my husband, but in the first weeks you're both exhausted and tired. I wasn't thinking about again three months after. Nothing unusual and besides, your baby has priority above all things. You both have a lack of sleep until at least they’re three months old".  Riley chuckled "I guess I shouldn't be worrying, but I don't know. I finally have a guy who is not stuck up nor arrogant. Someone who actually loves me making me feel special, I don't want to lose that" "You won't. Onew understands and will not love you less because you're giving him a child. It doesn't have to turn bad like what you read everywhere" you assured Riley once more before the both of you got out of the car.


"Thanks for the talk, I needed that". Riley smiled while you opened the trunk to get the twin stroller out. You shook your head. "No need to thank me. Just don't stress about anything. Let this baby of your just sit there for five more weeks at least" you chuckled closing the trunk. Both you and Riley opened the doors to the back seat to take the twins out. Riley took the car seat with MaeLynn in it who was awake looking like a little eskimo in her winter gear. "Hi precious, hi" Riley cheered clicking the car seat into the stroller correcting the little girl's winter hat afterwards. You took the car seat with SaeRa and closed the door locking the doors of your Audi when your little girl started to cry. "It's alright sweetheart" you hushed clicking the seat into the stroller next to her baby sister. You placed the pacifier into SaeRa's mouth hoping she would stop crying, but instead she spat it out and cried a little harder. You pulled the fleece blanket down and unbuckled her taking her out. "It's okay" you whispered kissing her cold apple cheek lightly rocking her and looked at your cousin. "Let's have a bit of lunch first so I can feed them too". "Got it" Riley cheered pushing the stroller forward smiling at MaeLynn who was admiring the white scenery outside.


You both crossed the street and decided to have lunch at a small bistro ordering some ramen and hot chocolate while you took some time to feed SaeRa who was clearly hungry. “Do you need to buy anything special?” you asked looking at your cousin who was sipping on her hot chocolate. She shook her head “Not really no. I just want to look to see if there is something I might have missed. You know how it goes”. You chuckled “I know very well. You’ll end up buying more clothes and toys and whatnot” and looked back at your little girl who was staring at y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter